The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Courtier

American media is gearing up for Kate's coming out party...I don't know how reliable People is in the UK, but in the US they are regarded as only reporting information that is basically approved by PR people. And this looks to be a very flattering introduction of Kate to the American public:

People: Kate Middleton, The Next Princess « coverawards.com

Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Doubt she is going to "come out" in the US unless she's married to William. It's the same old stories.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Its just an expression, like the PR campaign is kicking in to introduce her as a future princess.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Its just an expression, like the PR campaign is kicking in to introduce her as a future princess.
Then they must know something we don't. Because why waste money on something that might not even happen.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Courtier

IMO they didn't have any interesting story that week and they publish this article because of the rumours
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Isn´t she a bit old to come out? I thought it was for young virgins all dressed in white being introduced to society for the first time, in order to find a suitable husband from among their peers. Excuse me but that doesn´t sound like Kate at all.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Courtier

I think what you mean is being invited by the Queen to Balmoral? Now that would be a sign. Riding in Windsor Great Park with HM? Oh dear I forgot she is allergic to horses.
I have never seen her near a dog either, I wonder if she is allergic to them too.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Isn´t she a bit old to come out? I thought it was for young virgins all dressed in white being introduced to society for the first time, in order to find a suitable husband from among their peers. Excuse me but that doesn´t sound like Kate at all.
Perhaps that is what "coming out" meant to your generation. Langauage and the usage of terms certainly evolves with time.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I think what you mean is being invited by the Queen to Balmoral? Now that would be a sign. Riding in Windsor Great Park with HM?
Perhaps she already has been to Balmoral and Windsor and met HM - just because there are no pictures in the public domain does not mean that Kate may not have met HM "at home"
Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That would be a sign that she was a definite cert for marriage. She is supposed to have a dog of her own, i think.
But if those things happened, we probably wouldn't hear about them.
The American Press are just supposedly beefing up their press, getting ready I think, for Kate when she gets engaged to Wills.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps that is what "coming out" meant to your generation. Langauage and the usage of terms certainly evolves with time.
Not my time Muriel, my grandmother´s, I remember her telling me all about it.
There has certainly been an evolution in the language since those times, even the word virgin for instance.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Not my time Muriel, my grandmother´s, I remember her telling me all about it.
There has certainly been an evolution in the language since those times, even the word virgin for instance.
How lovely. Its wonderful to come across people who have such a good understanding of what their grandmother's lives were like!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
The American Press are just supposedly beefing up their press, getting ready I think, for Kate when she gets engaged to Wills.
Yes, this is what I was talking about. People has something like 3 million regular readers and if Kate is his future wife, this is certainly the right publication to introduce her to the American public--who aren't that familiar with her, if at all.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
American media is gearing up for Kate's coming out party...I don't know how reliable People is in the UK, but in the US they are regarded as only reporting information that is basically approved by PR people. And this looks to be a very flattering introduction of Kate to the American public:

People: Kate Middleton, The Next Princess « coverawards.com
As far as reliability, after the John Edwards scandal, my money is with the National Enquirer!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
As far as reliability, after the John Edwards scandal, my money is with the National Enquirer!
That's a good one

So has the national enquire said anything about the engagement?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
That's a good one

So has the national enquire said anything about the engagement?
I'm looking, I'm looking.
Let's see "Oprah's father revealed."
"Real-life Tarzan's Tiger cult."
Nope. Not there. Maybe they have a search button. . .
They have a "Got a news tip" line as well. Think we ought to. . . ???
Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Administrator

In the American tabloid press, Kate has been mentioned and she has appeared on the cover of People magazine at least twice...once byherself with something the lines as Williams Future Queen and another time as a small photo with William being on the cover. That's pretty much it.

I don't readh the Enquirer on a regular but as Russo mentioned...after the Edwards scandal...you can't count them out. But I don't know if she has appeared in that tabloid. I read the Star pretty regular and she is barely mentioned in that one.

But it should be noted that news about Kate usually appears in American press likes People, CNN, MSNBC adn the TOday show several days/weeks/months after its mentioned in the European news and they usually are not reporting new news. Its the same stuff that we talk about here at TRF.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Russo if you can look up Kate in the enquirer maybe we will all be surprised with the outcome
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Courtier

I don´t want to go off topic but a quick question Zonk, who is that in your avatar? I know the face and I am trying to remember. I don´t want to blow a fuse so please tell me.
I believe that the big debutante balls nowadays are in Paris, and lots of well to do
American families send their girls there. Last year if I remember rightly one of the girls wore a black dress. Can anyone remember seeing a very old film (it appears again occasionally) with Bette Davis I think, called Jezebel where she wore a red dress to a debutante ball. What a scandal! (As it was a black and white film the dress looked black).
Back on topic, I wouldn´t mind at all if Kate and William moved to the US and became your very own royals, in fact I would be overjoyed.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Not a problem.

Its one of my personal favorites, the Late HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester.

Closed Thread