The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

I would like to think the wedding expansion is a business decision and is timely with the impending wedding season. Otherwise, it only underscores the unsuitability of the Middletons to be Royal in-laws as they appear to be cashing in on their Royal associations.

Business or not, it does seems that the Middletons are a bit tone deaf to PR; as they were to put Kate on their website with her "interview" after suing a photographer for breech of privacy for photographing her on Christmas Day on a public footpath.

By now, they should know that EVERYTHING they do will be put under the microscope and will reflect on Kate. After all this time (7 years) one would think they would be more cautious.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
There is obviously deep significance to this move. What innocent motive could there be for a party supply company selling wedding favors?
Wait until the newspapers discover that Party Pieces sells party supplies for CHILDREN. It can only mean one thing...

Old 04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton's family now selling confetti ... but are they cashing in on speculation that marriage to Wills will happen soon? | Mail Online (05/04/2010).
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Wait until the newspapers discover that Party Pieces sells party supplies for CHILDREN. It can only mean one thing...
Warren, I can count on you for a good laugh. Thank you!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen spends a lovely bubbly £30k on vintage Champagne The Queen has splashed out on 300 bottles of vintage bubbly at £100 a pop - sparking speculation Prince William is to propose to girlfriend Kate Middleton.
Boy, the press will say anything for readership. Don't you think the lovely, bubbly Champagne is probably for the Queen's own 60th year on the throne?

Quote:
Kate Middleton's parents drop huge hint to Prince William | The Sun |News|Royals
Kate Middleton's parents have dropped a huge hint to Prince William - by selling a new range of WEDDING FAVORS.

There is obviously deep significance to this move. What innocent motive could there be for a party supply company selling wedding favors?
I have been thinking about all the moves the Middletons have done since Christmas. Everything with this last piece of selling wedding favors makes sense now and the law suit. The Middletons have a party email company in a recession and has expanded to other themes to sell more. What is WRONG with that? The law suit was correct because it was a private family Christmas. I think bringing the next generation of Middletons into the business brought more creative ideas. Good for you Kate, Pippa and James. James, I hope to buy a cake from you someday. Maybe my 30th Wedding Anniversary next year. Can you ship to the US and give me a discount? I will have to look at the website for idea for my cake. Kate keep up the good photograph and musing about childhood parties. The media will love it and bring more attention to your family business. That's what the media is doing. The Middletons are smart. Ms Kate Middleton is a good advertiser without cashing in on her royal relationship. The media is making them well known for party stuff. A win win if you know what I mean. Good to you all!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unless the confetti pieces are made in the shape of profiles of William and Kate, I read nothing into any of this whatsoever. It just seems the Middletons are adding lines that are perfectly natural for a business such as theirs, and good luck to them!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Courtier

I think that you are going to like this article:
William and Kate Name the Date? - Page 1 - The Daily Beast
True?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Lets all wait and see what happens....June 3 and 4th is over an month away... the stories that could fly from this are endless... great article ...
Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

We have been there before, and there is absolutely no certainty that this is true.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Courtier

^
I don't believe it, but... stranger things have happened
Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^
I don't believe it, but... stranger things have happened
Logic would suggest that an engagement should be announced fairly soon, but IMO the time frame is for an engagement / wedding is some time in the next 12-18 months,
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Courtier

I just don't believe he is going to marry anytime soon. He is too young. But as I said it can happen
Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow! June 3 & 4, that's so soon! IF it's true, I can't wait for an announcement!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Gentry

Kate and Wills 'to announce engagement in summer' | Mail Online

Ohhhhhhhhhhh could it be at long last !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Administrator

I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am bouncing off the walls with excitement already! And it hasn't happened yet! LOL

Maybe William and Kate will attend Victoria's wedding as their first event as an engaged couple.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Courtier

Ho hum. Here we go again.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I actually think this might be happening. The election date is set, and really whats to stop them for announcing an engagement after that? Nothing really.
Haha, I knew this story would come up after Gordon Brown went to the Queen

But btw, I intend to believe that something might be happening too ... the snow pics were quite an indication, Wills and the Middleton Clan getting cozy.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Serene Highness

I hope this rumor will be true but again, I do think we'll all be surprised when the engagement is announced! If it's announced one day!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

The story of Tina Brown is really based on nothing and my expectations are also based on nothing but if you ask me, I don't think there will be a wedding in the next few years.
I think Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton won't marry before 2013...
And I also think that Tina Brown is wrong about the wedding location, given the fact that William is a future King, I believe that St George's Chapel at Windsor is too modest for such a wedding.
For Prince Charles it was the right location for his second wedding, but I think world- and media-attention for William's wedding will be massive and the Chapel at Windsor is just not suitable for that.
In my opinion there are just 2 locations suitable for this event: Westminster Abbey or St. Pauls' Cathedral.
Regardless which wedding venue they choose; memories are unavoidable for William (Westminster Abbey = his mothers' funeral) (St.Pauls' Cathedral = his parents wedding) but that happens for all of us. How many children do marry in the church in which their parents married or were buried?