The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
As for the special last night on their relationship, it didn't present any new information that most of us here didn't already know, however it may have been interesting and informative to those that don't access forums such as this one, or follow the monarchy's activities. I do think the timing is interesting since it's the first program I have seen devoted to their relationship.
While the program did not offer anything new, it reminded me about the length of time these two have been dating... and now, living together. I agree with everyone here who thinks they will marry. There might even be an understanding between them. I think, however, they are making the smartest move they could ever make in waiting as long as possible before walking down the aisle.

William knows what will happen when he gets married- there will be no more privacy for both him and Kate. Not only will there be photographers covering EVERY thing they do, there will be all of us commenting about EVERY look they exchange, the state of their relationship, and when we notice the first signs of morning sickness or a baby bump. While I can only hope Kate develops a much healthier (and distant) relationship with the press than Diana did, there will certainly be lots of interest in her and William's life together.

As things are now, they get to spend the first years of "newlywed bliss" with much less pressure and much more privacy. No matter how boring they turn out to be as a married couple, this is the ONLY time during their life together when this level of privacy will be possible. This time also gives Kate the chance to slowly prepare for the life of public service and scrutiny that will come with her marriage. Diana did not have much help in this area one can only hope that the powers that be will approach Kate's transition with more care and support.

I can't say I blame them for taking all of the time now for themselves that they possibly can. And- if she wasn't the one, I think they would have broken up long, long ago.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Courtier

That is even worse then waiting for the engagement of Victoria and Daniel. Will they? Won't they? I think if they will not get engaged and married until next year they will break up and never marry.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Administrator

So William and Kate did something they have never done before in the US....made the cover of US magazine. Here it is... a week later than People http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylif...-2011-20101011

US is like People but it doesn't have the same numbers in regards to subscriptions and newstand sales. I am ashamed to admit that I buy both of them every week.

So I will review it so you don't have to buy it
  • Article references Kate Nicholl (plugs her book) and makes notes that the Middletons were at Balmoral for the shoot. According to Kate, this is "extremely significant." She also makes note that BP denied the report of the engagement but for the first time mentioned Miss Middleton in the official comment.
  • It always bugs me when people don't do their homework: the forget the all important The in from of Princess William of Wales, and they refer to the Queen as Her Highness and not Her Majesty. Perhaps they should have had Kate N. write the article.
  • Kate and William agreed to wait for engagement/marriage after the vacation in the Seychelles. William told Kate she was The One but wasn't ready to get married.
  • Supposedly the Royal Mint is designing the enagement coin, and dates in June and July are being considered. The article specially references July 23rd, which I personally find odd as it is the anniversary of the Andrew and Sarah. And who wants to be associated with that date? Maybe if it was 20 years down the road or Beatrice maybe???
  • Kate would prefer to wear a dress by Issa her favorite Brazilian designer, but she will be pressured to wear a British designer. And the Queen will loan her a tiara!
  • Some ridiculous points about the Queen: who wasn't found of Kate initially, was mad at Carole Middleton for chewing gum at Williams graduation (I think it came out that it was Nicorette or something along those lines) but Kate won the Queen over by her low press profile and her commitment to charity (no laughts just reporting the article). Kate has been invited to Christmas but wont attend until she is engaged.
  • Harry loves Kate thinks of her as a sister (I can believe that), and when he and Chelsy broke up Kate consoled him (not sure if I believe that).
  • William has ruled out St. Pauls but will consider Westminister Abbey or St. George's Chapel. I personally think St. George's is too small and Westminister is just right.
  • Kate wants to be involved in the decision making (oh yeah that will happen) and Pippa will be a bridesmaid.
So really, nothing new. It must be a slow news week, no Teen Moms on the cover. Oh wait, they are on the inside.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Courtier

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...PxO-fPFlhxjoIQ

Does any one here think that they may marry on Diana's 50th birthday next year? Royals ar famous for marring on birthdays and death dates...I really don't think William would do this but was just wondering what others opinions on the date what if?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

i cant believe that the mags would concoct such a mad idea as this...his mum's 50th birthday or anniversary of their marriage...its MAD!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
i cant believe that the mags would concoct such a mad idea as this...his mum's 50th birthday or anniversary of their marriage...its MAD!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure that they were saying that... it was just the wording .
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
I agree. Its also a bit sick to assume William will honor Diana like that. There's something twisted about it.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

There were a lot of rumblings today in the US on the cable shows about an *announcement*. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

No. Kate will be compared to Diana all her life, and I can't see the wisdom in using her wedding date or birthdate to encourage any more comparisons. Although, this is probably something that the press would want: more to blab on about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Does any one here think that they may marry on Diana's 50th birthday next year?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
No. Kate will be compared to Diana all her life, and I can't see the wisdom in using her wedding date or birthdate to encourage any more comparisons. Although, this is probably something that the press would want: more to blab on about.

I agree....
Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Quite right, there is no shortage of dates over the summer months to have a weekend wedding in 2011 that is not either Diana's birthday, death anniversary or wedding anniversary.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Per my post #2336, the magazine claims that they are looking to marry in June and/or July but they don't specifically mention Diana's birthday...according to the article they are thinking July 23rd.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Per my post #2336, the magazine claims that they are looking to marry in June and/or July but they don't specifically mention Diana's birthday...according to the article they are thinking July 23rd.
July 23rd 2011 is the 25th anniversary of the marriage of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, so highly unlikely that date will be used!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Courtier

If we go back to every date in the summer, that was another royals wedding, birthday date, death date, William and Kate will never marry.. The royals are inclinded to having big events on these dates. I will have to look it up but I am queit sure that there have been a number of weddings on peoples DATES...
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
July 23rd 2011 is the 25th anniversary of the marriage of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, so highly unlikely that date will be used!
Yes, I know...I also point that out in my original post.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite right, there is no shortage of dates over the summer months to have a weekend wedding in 2011 that is not either Diana's birthday, death anniversary or wedding anniversary.

The British royals rarely marry on weekends (at least major royals). Charles, Andrew and Anne all married on Wednesday's with only Edward marrying on a Saturday.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:59 PM

From Richard Palmer's Twitter:

Quote:
Royal spokesman Paddy Harverson on claims William and Kate made a secret pact to wed: "It's completely untrue. Absolutely wrong."

Prince Charles's communcations secretary Paddy Harverson has spoken out publicly to try to quash rumours Will+Kate are secretly engaged.
Didn't Buckingham Palace deny Princess Anne was engaged and a week later she announced it?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

A lot of well known people have a habit of denying things before they are officially announced. Its their pregorative I guess, to announce it when THEY are ready and not before. So its only official when its officially announced.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Courtier

With this flurry of stories in the media, I would almost think something was up; except when you look more closely at the stories, no one seems to have any inside information. Most of it is speculation based "Kate's parents were at Balmoral; William and Kate attended a wedding and looked happy together; 2011 is a good year for the two of them to marry; they've been together a long time", etc.

I almost think that a few media outlets try to push the story for lack of better headlines, and then other media outlets pick up on it and it snowballs from there. William and Kate obviously sell.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
With this flurry of stories in the media, I would almost think something was up; except when you look more closely at the stories, no one seems to have any inside information. Most of it is speculation based "Kate's parents were at Balmoral; William and Kate attended a wedding and looked happy together; 2011 is a good year for the two of them to marry; they've been together a long time", etc.

I almost think that a few media outlets try to push the story for lack of better headlines, and then other media outlets pick up on it and it snowballs from there. William and Kate obviously sell.
I agree with you, but what makes me think that this time there could actually be some truth to these stories, is the fact that in all this time (beginning with the Royal Mint story half October) no one from Clarence House, Buckingham Palace or the inner circle of William and Catherine responded to all these rumours and tried to rebut these speculations.
That makes me suspect there could actually be something in the works behind the scenes.
And besides that, their romance is a solid one obviously and it would make perfect sense to marry in 2011, before the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic Games in 2012.
I think that to marry in 2013 or later is not an option for both William & Catherine and the Royal Family. I have a feeling that they probably can't stand another 2 or 3 years with all this speculation.