The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Roslyn all I can say is that if you are in the VIP section for the Duntroon passing out parade refrain from chewing gum as people will do what you consider as bad manners and notice.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Yes, but Kate Middleton may be the one marrying into the Royal Family, not her mother.
We need to move on from Mrs Middleton's now-infamous chewing gum incident, still being trotted out although it occurred in December 2007.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Here we go again:

Why William's new RAF rescue career could spell seven-year waity for Katie | Mail Online

Where in the world was Katie Nicholl when everyone was talking about this weeks ago? I'm not seeing a single new piece of information here: rehash, rehash, rehash.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 10-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Katie Nicholl must be inspired over the weekend. Beside the article on William's RAF plan, she also put out a bizzare piece on the York girls and Pippa Middleton.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Yes, but Kate Middleton may be the one marrying into the Royal Family, not her mother.
We need to move on from Mrs Middleton's now-infamous chewing gum incident, still being trotted out although it occurred in December 2007.
It is old hat but I think the point is in what you said. Kate is the one that may be marrying into the Royal Family and not her mother...... Yes, but if Prince William marries Kate Middleton he will be marrying into HER family as future king and that is definitely a point to be considered, especially by the Royal Family and first impressions are important...and unfortunately lasting.
I will now leave the subject of gum, but whoever chews it through whatever official ceremony is committing a faux-pas.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
It is old hat but I think the point is in what you said. Kate is the one that may be marrying into the Royal Family and not her mother...... Yes, but if Prince William marries Kate Middleton he will be marrying into HER family as future king and that is definitely a point to be considered, especially by the Royal Family and first impressions are important...and unfortunately lasting.
The Bowes-Lyon had mentally ill relatives and still the Duke Of York was allowed to marry Lady Elizabeth....And that was in the 1920ies.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

What has a mentally ill relative have to do with bad manners? If you want to find mad just go back in time to just before Queen Victoria and no one could have been more sane and stable than her. If a mentally ill relative was an impediment to marriage......I hate to think, that would be descrimination.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
It is old hat but I think the point is in what you said. Kate is the one that may be marrying into the Royal Family and not her mother...... .

May be, being the operative word. She may never marry William, so why are we even talking about it?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
May be, being the operative word. She may never marry William, so why are we even talking about it?
I agree, but it is a discussion about their relationship and our opinions on it, and my opinion is that I would be very pleased if he didn´t marry her, but that doesn´t mean that I wouldn´t be very sorry for her as I think she has high hopes.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post

I think what bothers me about the dot.com connection is that you don't have to be social to make a lot of money in the dot.com business and the position of a Royal Princess is totally social. That's the big disconnect for me, and I think it may be hard to overcome.
Not all dot.com companies are the same. The Middletons sell Children's fun articles, thus they must have a pretty good idea about how people of all ages connect - because it's the parents who shop there first but it's the fun of the kids which determines whether the parents shop again. So I have no doubt that the Midletons are up to the task as they are successful in their business.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Here we go again:

Why William's new RAF rescue career could spell seven-year waity for Katie | Mail Online

Where in the world was Katie Nicholl when everyone was talking about this weeks ago? I'm not seeing a single new piece of information here: rehash, rehash, rehash.
Katie Nicholl obviously is "Waity Katie" incarnate... Waits too long to publish her at best mediocre thoughts about facts long known...

Plus she obviously has no idea how Royality works: William simply can't wait till Catherine is so definately "on the shelf" when it comes to children. But we've covered that ground before. Plus: how will she know that Catherine does not like any of the potential air bases as her new home? At the moment she lives in Berkshire - hardly the country's hottest spot. But probably country life appeals to both William and her - he loves it as we have heard and she has spent her life mostly in the countryside attending school and university off the beaten track.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Are there not guys in the RAF Rescue that are married? I remember the queen saying that when she was with Prince Phillip on bases that it was the best time of her life! so can William not be married in the RAF?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Not all dot.com companies are the same. The Middletons sell Children's fun articles, thus they must have a pretty good idea about how people of all ages connect - because it's the parents who shop there first but it's the fun of the kids which determines whether the parents shop again. So I have no doubt that the Midletons are up to the task as they are successful in their business.
You may be right Jo, there are excellent retailers out there with outstanding classy website storefronts. I was simply disappointed in the cheesiness of the Middleton's site; it looked like an amateur's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
IMO "Class" has less to do with money than with how people behave and particularly how they treat other people: whether they are selfish or generous, tolerant or bigoted, etc.
I think you're talking about character, not class, Roslyn - they're two different things. There are working class people who treat other people well and are generous, tolerant, etc. but who would be a fish out of water if you threw them in the Royal fishbowl and I don't think they would be very happy there either.

What is appropriate publicity and what is not for a particular role is not so much a question of character but of style. For example, you can have two actresses - both immensely successful - but they appeal to two different markets. What works for one audience does not work for the other. Its really hard to change one's innate style to fit into a different market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I tend to think that by now Charles and the Queen, particularly the Queen, know enough about what is required in someone who joins the RF in a senior role
I hope you are right, Roslyn, but I wonder if the Royal Family is not quite as self-aware as it thinks it is in regards to others outside their normal sphere.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman View Post
Are there not guys in the RAF Rescue that are married? I remember the queen saying that when she was with Prince Phillip on bases that it was the best time of her life! so can William not be married in the RAF?
Nobody's been able to come up with anything that says they wouldn't be able to marry and live on a base together while William serves. IMO, people are just stirring up doubts as a way to sell papers and garner hits on websites.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Exactly. All this "Poor Kate will have to wait X number of years" is just a way to print pics of her and sell papers IMO.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Many of the men and women on RAF rescue are in fact married. It is just a stupid storyline with no foundation in fact, invented to continue the slurs on Catherine!
I missed this post, , I have never read such rubbish before, oh wait I have, it was Katie Nicholl and Richard Kay in the Mail!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Rumors of a possible split???
TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos -
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Majesty

I think that this article goes under the category of "regurgitated musings." Ever since Clarence House announced that Prince William was going to go into RAF Search and Rescue, the tabloids have been saying that this means that Kate and William are doomed relationship-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Doubtful, the original source appears to have come from The Daily Star, which ranks 100 below The Mail for accuracy, IMO.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Nobility

Is the supposed split do with RAF duty? There seems know reason that effect their relationship unless they were going break up anyway. We will have to see wether they break up or not and wether they may marry. In fact the fact that he will SARF training and he may be doing his training in Scotland which make for a pretty good place to raise a family while thay were young. Since it would be away from the London press.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press