The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
How tall is she? She has that long lean look that kinda reminds me of Diana, first time that's crossed my mind, seeing her in this outfit. LaRae
Meghan is 5'7". Diana was 5'10". Harry is 6'1".

Prince William is 6'3".

Meghan is 1" shorter than Camilla, in fact, so she would be one among several royal women moderate in height (many are 5'5").

Old 05-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Majesty

Thanks Lady Nimue. I knew about the rest of them..wasn't sure about Meghan, she's the shortest of that group then.

LaRae

Old 05-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
How tall is she? She has that long lean look that kinda reminds me of Diana, first time that's crossed my mind, seeing her in this outfit.

LaRae
She's actually pretty short. I'd guess 5'5 or 5'6"

Gina Torres is 5'10" and you can see Gina, Sarah and Meghan together in this photo: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d22513b891.jpg
Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Majesty

She sure does look short compared to them.

LaRae
Old 05-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Nobility

It's even more pronounced in a photo where Gina's wearing flat sandals and Meghan's wearing 3" heels and Gina is still noticeably taller.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com....jpg?noindex=1
Old 05-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.
Glad that Meghan wore a Toronto Blue Jays baseball cap today; she is certainly showing allegiance to her adopted home while in London!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.
Very much so, because he is in a position to be a Regent.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.
Please no. 9/10 fascinators come out looking like some kindergarten art project gone wrong. A nice proper hat is elegant and just as fitting for a wedding.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:44 AM
Nobility

Meghan Markle is listed as being 5' 7" in bio details that I've seen online. And I suspected as much having seen her in pictures in heels and in flats, and walking/standing next to Prince Harry, who is 6'2".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Meghan is 5'7". Diana was 5'10". Harry is 6'1".

Prince William is 6'3".

Meghan is 1" shorter than Camilla, in fact, so she would be one among several royal women moderate in height (many are 5'5").
Harry is listed online as being 6'2". Where do you see him as 6'1"?
Old 05-20-2017, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Harry is listed online as being 6'2". Where do you see him as 6'1"?
Harry is listed as 6'1" plus 1/4" Splicing it fine. ON IMDb.

Meghan is listed as 5'7" (not 5'5" or 5"6"). But even so, Harry is 6 inches taller which she can off-set in 3-inch heels to some degree.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Well regardless of how tall she is or isn't, alongside Harry she looks petite. Perfectly proportioned but petite and, going on her physique! and her flair for clothes, a believe something of a pocket rocket!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Very much so, because he is in a position to be a Regent.
The chances of Harry being appointed as a regent to the Queen is very slim. Even in Charles' or William's reign, the chances are still slim.

More importantly though, is that Harry is and has been a Councilor of State in the UK if and when needed.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Nobility

What's the role of a Councilor of State in the U.K. @Osipi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Harry is listed as 6'1" plus 1/4" Splicing it fine. ON IMDb.

Meghan is listed as 5'7" (not 5'5" or 5"6"). But even so, Harry is 6 inches taller which she can off-set in 3-inch heels to some degree.
Yeah, I've seen that Meghan is 5' 7" and I guessed it anyway. Plus, I mentioned it earlier already. I'm 5' 7" too, although years ago I was measured at 5' 6 1/4". I must have grown a bit to make up the difference. It's just easier to round up in any case.

That's really splitting hairs about the 1/4 inch I think, especially for Harry. What guy is going to say, "Oh, I'm 6' 1 1/4" 6' 2" sounds a lot better, yes? My brother is 6' 3". He has a son who is 5' 9", another is 6' 5", and his youngest son is 6' 7". Accurate measures for all, no 1/4 inches are involved.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
What's the role of a Councilor of State in the U.K. @Osipi?
As per Wikipedia, here's the explanation of a Councillor of State.

"In the United Kingdom, Counsellors of State are senior members of the British Royal Family to whom the monarch, currently Elizabeth II, delegates certain state functions and powers when not in the United Kingdom or unavailable for other reasons (such as short-term incapacity or sickness). Any two Counsellors of State may preside over Privy Council meetings, sign state documents, or receive the credentials of new ambassadors to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

There are currently 5 councillors of state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counse...llors_of_State
Old 05-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since harry is a senior royal and will spend the rest of his life working as a royal doing duties, with his wife as his partner in this, it IS important whom he marries.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The chances of Harry being appointed as a regent to the Queen is very slim. Even in Charles' or William's reign, the chances are still slim.

More importantly though, is that Harry is and has been a Councilor of State in the UK if and when needed.
He would only be Regent for his nephew should William be either dead or incapacitated.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
He would only be Regent for his nephew should William be either dead or incapacitated.
Thanks for the clarification on that.

Now... back to the relationship before we get too far off topic. I do think though that we've pretty much clarified the reasons that Harry's marriage and who he marries is an important state matter though.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Commoner

http://http://www.etonline.com/news/...leton_wedding/

Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRoyalWatcher View Post
http://http://www.etonline.com/news/...leton_wedding/

Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.
My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

By the time William is king, George will probably be over 18 and in the position to be both a regent and a counsellor of state. It is also likely that Catherine may be made a counsellor of state by King William V, just as Prince Philip is today. As of today BTW, while Queen Elizabeth II is still alive, both Prince Charles and Prince William would have to be unavailable for Harry to become a regent and there are at least three counsellors of state who would normally take precedence over him (Philip, Charles and William). Furthermore, I also suspect that, if needed, the Queen would be more inclined to assign official state tasks to Andrew, who is also a counsellor of state, than to Harry.

So I mantain what I said and now repeat: Harry will not normally have access to government papers or government ministers , nor will he be routinely involved in state affairs. Let us not fool ourselves into pretending otherwise.