Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different situations, IMO. Those were William's friends, not Kate's. So it's only normal that his friends lost contact with her when she was no longer William's girl. But Chelsy is friends with many of Harry's friends. As I said, they are also HER friends, independent of her being with Harry or not. Some she knew before she even met Harry. So, no reason for them not to remain friends.

I agree with you. I remember this past summer Chelsy was a bridesmaid at the wedding of one of her best friends and Harry was a groomsman and Cressida was a guest (along with Pippa Middleton). Friends don't drop friends just because two people break up. Besides, these aristos are all very close to each other and it takes a lot for one of them to be dropped from the circle.

Plus, I don't think Harry and Cressida are as close to getting married as the media seem to think. She is only 24 years old and that's quite young to take on the royal family. Besides that, she has a very unstable family background and I think Harry might think hard before getting involved with her and her family.

Those who feel Harry's relationship with Cressida is media fueled, may have a point. After articles and articles on how she would be spending part of the holidays with the Royal Family, the media finally admits that it was never in the cards for Cressida to be at Sandingham. It is like the media feels if they print the same story enough times, they can force the Royal Family into making it true.

I really hope Harry is not serious about keeping that beard; it's so aging!

I hate beards anyway, they always look grubby to me.

I love the beard, he looks like King George V a bit.

I am impressed that he still has the beard. But I think army regs will require he shave it off when he returns to duty.

I love beards but admit this one of Harry's is not one of those that makes me go "aww...". I think a shorter one (like he had in the first days of the South Pole exhibition) suited him better.

PS: I see the King George V resemblence, Lumutqueen.

I really hope Harry is not serious about keeping that beard; it's so aging!

I hate beards anyway, they always look grubby to me.

I'm in complete agreement with you. The beard has got to go.

The press is reporting that Harry spent a weekend with Cressida Bonas and the younger Bransons at their mansion in Kidlington.

I don't know that I like the Branson connection; I feel Sir Richard is more exploitive than the Middletons could ever be!
(Then too he has that unfortunate rep as a tax-dodger...but as long as Harry is dating Cressida he'll find it hard to distance himself).

The press is reporting that Harry spent a weekend with Cressida Bonas and the younger Bransons at their mansion in Kidlington.

I don't know that I like the Branson connection; I feel Sir Richard is more exploitive than the Middletons could ever be!
(Then too he has that unfortunate rep as a tax-dodger...but as long as Harry is dating Cressida he'll find it hard to distance himself).

The younger royals have been friends with Holly and Sam Branson for a very long time and they are very much a part of the "set". I really don't think it has too much to do with their father and to be honest, I can't think of one time that Richard has "used" the royals in an exploitative way.

If anything, hanging out for a weekend with both Branson children would really give Cressida and Harry ideas. They've both recently married in the past couple of years and this most likely was a weekend party in a country home for couples. Quite a change from the nightclub scene they all used to frequent.

Well, now Cressida has flown to Necker Island, so she and Harry won't be together for New Year's Eve.

I suspect they're over....

Well, now Cressida has flown to Necker Island, so she and Harry won't be together for New Year's Eve. I suspect they're over....

Or Harry is flying down later to join her.

Or Harry is flying down later to join her.

Might be a nice, quiet place for some of the younger set to ring in the New Year. Harry and Cressida have been to Necker Island together before. IIRC, it was right before Harry's fun escapade in Las Vegas. :D

The poor media. They don't know what to report. New Years at Sandringham, New Years on a white beach. Or spent apart.

They've been apart all the while he was on that long arctic trek; he just gets back and she flies off?

Doesn't sound like true love to me!

They've been apart all the while he was on that long arctic trek; he just gets back and she flies off?

Doesn't sound like true love to me!

Or... she could have taken lessons in tactical evasion from Harry. I don't blame them one bit for wanting their relationship to stay private. Seriously though, for a private holiday, you can't get anymore private than Necker Island.

I agree with you. I remember this past summer Chelsy was a bridesmaid at the wedding of one of her best friends and Harry was a groomsman and Cressida was a guest (along with Pippa Middleton). Friends don't drop friends just because two people break up. Besides, these aristos are all very close to each other and it takes a lot for one of them to be dropped from the circle.

Plus, I don't think Harry and Cressida are as close to getting married as the media seem to think. She is only 24 years old and that's quite young to take on the royal family. Besides that, she has a very unstable family background and I think Harry might think hard before getting involved with her and her family.

It has occurred to me that the dysfunction might be at least a small part of the bond between them(assuming there is one).

Harry is also a product of a famously unstable family. A dysfunctional childhood background is not the ideal foundation of a relationship, but it is an all too common one.:sad:

As for Cress flying off to Necker sans Harry, my first thought was brilliant! ;)
Harry has never come off the type that would be attracted to a girl who sits by the phone, ready to drop her plans for him. IF Cressida wants to keep him interested, emphasizing her independence is probably the smartest thing to do.

Last edited:
I so like people who do NOT play games with each other, as to their intentions. It was the happiest time of my life to find that my suitor called me every day at a time when he knew I would have returned from work. He didn't pretend to be mulling other possibilities. He had not yet proposed, but he was showing that he meant business. After the other fellows who were so protective of their independence as the first priority, this was a surprise and lovely. The only time in my life, but once was enough.

I think its also very possible that because both Harry and Cressida came from dysfunctional families, it could be a positive thing too. They are not blind to pitfalls in relationships and perhaps will be very cautious in approaching major steps in theirs. We saw this with Wills and Kate. They took the time to make absolutely sure this is what they both wanted and what would work for the both of them.

These two are not afraid to be their own persons and can function in the world without being joined at the hip 24/7 making goo-goo eyes at each other and professing undying love. Whether their relationship is strong enough to endure royal life in a fishbowl remains to be seen and they're not saying much on the subject.

I have to admit I grind my teeth every time I hear about either William or Harry's "dysfunctional" childhood as if they are somehow mentally fragile and irreparably damaged in some way. To be honest it creeps me out.

They may want to be seen and treated as "real" men but until people see them as adult men living a relatively normal lives for that "income" and "social" strata they will never be seen as normal let alone adult. William's marriage didn't help his image in that respect and Harry's supposed girlfriend is merely underscoring the whole dysfunctional image.

Last edited:
I have to admit I grind my teeth every time I hear about either William or Harry's "disfunctional" childhood as if they are somehow mentally fragile and irreparably damaged in some way. To be honest it creeps me out.

They may want to be seen and treated as "real" men but until people see them as adult men living a relatively normal lives for that "income" and "social" strata they will never be seen as normal let alone adult. William's marriage didn't help his image in that respect and Harry's supposed girlfriend is merely underscoring the whole disfunctional image.

I have to agree with you on the use of dysfunctional. Its too easily applied and worn out adjective to families. Guess its the norm these days if a parent spanks their kid, there's something wrong with them. Everything has a label.
I was just making a point in that experiencing things with their parents, they learn not to make that mistake.

What there was in Wills and Harry's childhood was a lot of love from both parents. The parents didn't get along quite so well. End of that. They loved both of their parents unconditionally. That's what real love is. A no matter what kind of love. Even though the Wales has their own troubles, they both were there 100% for their kids

One thing I learned a long time ago is that what people think of me doesn't matter. If they don't like me, its THEIR problem. Who I know and who I hang out with is my own choice. I'm glad I wasn't raised to believe that someone that earned more than me was a catch to be smoozed and that money was the end all of who I am.

I see Cressida and Harry as people that have perhaps known each other for a while and lately the "TING" went off and they're attracted to each other. Will it work? Its not up to us and as I said earlier.. they're not talking.,

If there was ever a dysfunctional childhood - just look at Prince of Wales as well as Diana.

True their parents were unhappy and got a divorce and later their mother was killed in a terrible public car wreck. But through it all, both parents showed their love for both boys. I doubt either has ever questioned that they are deeply loved. And from their own comments, the Queen and Prince Phillip were deeply attentive, caring and loving toward them.

Both William and Harry seem fairly happy and content with their lives. Both have been given freedom to follow the path they chose. William attended the university of his choice and Happy entered the military as he wanted. I think their father listens to them and not what the BP maps out. There have been no stories about either being miserable ..... unlike most bio of Charles.

I have to admit I grind my teeth every time I hear about either William or Harry's "disfunctional" childhood as if they are somehow mentally fragile and irreparably damaged in some way. To be honest it creeps me out.

They may want to be seen and treated as "real" men but until people see them as adult men living a relatively normal lives for that "income" and "social" strata they will never be seen as normal let alone adult. William's marriage didn't help his image in that respect and Harry's supposed girlfriend is merely underscoring the whole disfunctional image.

The late Princess of Wales undoubtedly loved her boys more than anything, but she also reportedly manipulated them and put them(especially William) in the position of having to "take care" of her emotionally. There was a lot of tension in the Wales househould, a lot of seeing their mother in tears. The story of 8 year old William sitting outside the bathroom pushing tissues to her up under the door while she sobbed inside is a heartbreaking example. The embarrassment and anger he experienced over the Panorama interview is another.It was bound to have put a tremendous emotional strain on both, despite the love they received. It does not necessarily mean that they are damaged or fragile. People who cringe at the word dysfunctional can substitute unhealthy instead.:ermm:

I am a little confused at your comment about William's marriage, which is why I highlighted it.

I had to check the title of this thread to remind me what the topic of this particular thread is.

For the record, the topic is Prince Harry and his romantic relationships.

Not Willam, Kate or Diana. So let's get back on topic.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

I am a little confused at your comment about William's marriage, which is why I highlighted it.
Every time it seems Harry has or may have a Girlfriend, out trot the comments on how he is too young, too unstable, too damaged to be in, or to sustain, a relationship "at this stage", which has been to same song since he was first seen with Chelsey. Now poor Cressida's family history has been added to the disaster that "would inevitably be' a marriage between the two of them.

The same happened with William and unfortunately his marriage hasn't changed anything. Everything he does is framed through the lens of his "dysfunctional" upbringing. Every decision he makes for he or Catherine is defined by those events.

Neither William nor Harry seem to be allowed to just see a girl, fall in love, want to get married, marry and have children for themselves. Nothing is their own, least of all their love lives. Harry can't just be in love and testing the water to see if there is a chance for a future together. People just keep wittering on about his childhood and his mother. I can't think of any other prominent person whose lovelife is forever defined by a late parent.

Every time it seems Harry has or may have a Girlfriend, out trot the comments on how he is too young, too unstable, too damaged to be in, or to sustain, a relationship "at this stage", which has been to same song since he was first seen with Chelsey. Now poor Cressida's family history has been added to the disaster that "would inevitably be' a marriage between the two of them.

The same happened with William and unfortunately his marriage hasn't changed anything. Everything he does is framed through the lens of his "dysfunctional" upbringing. Every decision he makes for he or Catherine is defined by those events.

Neither William nor Harry seem to be allowed to just see a girl, fall in love, want to get married, marry and have children for themselves. Nothing is their own, least of all their love lives. Harry can't just be in love and testing the water to see if there is a chance for a future together. People just keep wittering on about his childhood and his mother. I 'can't think of any other prominent person whose lovelife is forever defined by a late parent.

I completely agree with you Marge.
Poor Harry, it's almost as if he isn't allowed to just be happy. Everything is over-analysed and 'psychologised'.

The only time I have questioned Harry's maturity it's been in response to something he has done, like the Vegas caper a couple of years ago. I have never doubted(recently) that he might be ready for a stable relationship.

I certainly hope he is. He will be 30 years old in September.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom