The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM

Hey, of all the American proposed "eligible" (that word again) princesses-in-waiting, Amanda is the most suitable, no doubt about it. She trumps Ivanka Trump and Lauren Bush by a long shot. Though I have nothing against Ivanka.... met her too, as she actually introduced me to jamie, one of her best pals, and she rocks...... but Amanda would be a better princess than her I guess.... I dunno what I'm saying.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Hey, of all the American proposed "eligible" (that word again) princesses-in-waiting, Amanda is the most suitable, no doubt about it. She trumps Ivanka Trump and Lauren Bush by a long shot. Though I have nothing against Ivanka.... met her too, as she actually introduced me to jamie, one of her best pals, and she rocks...... but Amanda would be a better princess than her I guess.... I dunno what I'm saying.
I agree with you...Amanda is the best candidate in America as far as the heiresses go and has the most interesting family background too...

There is something trashy about the Trumps to me...Donald is just too obnoxious and he encourages arrogance...

Old 11-13-2007, 11:15 AM

I used to like Kate to be William's wife. Well, I preferred Jecca because she has such a unique persona and she fascinated me, but he became serious with Kate so she grew on me.

I also liked Chelsy to be Harry's wife.

But now Harry is behaving so badly, apparently drowning his sense of worthlessness about the war in alcohol and snorting vodka and (probably) shooting endangered birds. He started being less attentive to Chelsy (being late to pick her up at the airport, being in Paris on her birthday) and she probably decided (to her credit) not to put up with it anymore. She put up with the baggage of being a royal girlfriend while he treated her like a goddess, but then he stopped treating her as she deserved, and she must have felt, well what's the point?

Now I hope that William and Harry do not marry until well into their 30s at the earliest. I think for them to wait even longer, when they are in their 40s, would be just fine, because it might take that long for them to grow up. I know the older you grow, the harder it is to marry, especially when you are a prince who seeks the right kind of woman without skeletons in her closet. But honestly, William and Harry need a lot of work, and it must take many years for them to get their heads screwed on the right way.

Finally, I hope that both of them marry intelligent and classy women because those kinds of genes might be the savior of the next generation. Like, William plus Bimbo can't possibly produce a decent royal child. He needs a brilliant woman to balance out his many shortcomings. Charlotte Casiraghi is always my first choice for either of the brothers, but .......... I know it is 99.9% unlikely to happen.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Finally, I hope that both of them marry intelligent and classy women because those kinds of genes might be the savior of the next generation. Like, William plus Bimbo can't possibly produce a decent royal child. He needs a brilliant woman to balance out his many shortcomings. Charlotte Casiraghi is always my first choice for either of the brothers, but .......... I know it is 99.9% unlikely to happen.
I think ever since Charlotte emerged as this amazing beauty in her teens and a clearly together young woman...she became the dream partner for many royal's heirs...like her mother before her.

In this case I think she would fit best with William...not Harry so much.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Prince William
Princess Theodora of Greece and Prince Harry
Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Ever since they were children, I have dreamed of Madeleine of Sweden for Prince William. She is beautiful, Royal and Protestant.

On paper Charlotte of Monaco looks great but in fact she would be a terrible choice for William. She is too Catholic, too Mediterranean, and too sophisticated for William. I think William would bore her, and aside from her beauty he wouldn't like her either. Also, William would have to give up his place in the Succession if he were to marry her, and I can't see Charlotte converting to Protestantism. The Grimaldis have been Catholic from the Middle Ages, it's a part of who they are.

I think people who keep saying that William and Charlotte would be "perfect" together keep forgetting that very important fact. In the world of non-Royals, religious identity is a minor thing, but where Royals are concerned it is a very big thing indeed...it's a State concern.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Bored to death?? I thought so too. William looks 'boring' and conservative..I did told someone before (no offend to William..sorry). However, that was one of the reasons why Princess Caroline picked someone else rather than Prince Ernst (when he was being introduced to him at an early stage. He was a boring person.. but suddenly now they become husband and wife for almost 7-8 years). Sometimes love can change somebody perspectives and if the couple really do understand the meaning of 'marriage life'.. Another two royal couples in contrast, Queen and Prince Philips, 60 years is such a long period..

But Princess Madeliene looks fine with William and Charlotte will look great with somebody like Prince Amedeo or Prince Guillaume (if she happens to look for another billionaire heir..since she is the billionaire heiress ). They had met, but no sparks from both sides...yet!!. We may just need to wait until Will really meet Char or Madeliene..or other ladies...somebody like Isabella maybe...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Majesty

LOL! You read my mind. I think Charlotte would be perfect with Prince Amadeo, he is rumored to be as brilliant as she is. But unfortunately Charlotte has inherited her Mom's early taste for lounge lizard/playboy types.

I think that Charlotte will have at least one divorce in her life, but for her sake I hope I am wrong.

When I said that I think William would bore Charlotte, I agree that he seems conservative but also their tastes are different. Charlotte by all accounts is extremely intellectual, into literature, fashion and the high life. William is very bright but he is no intellectual, his tastes run to hunting and nightclubbing and other upper class aristocratic English pursuits.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Nobility

As well as hunting and clubing couldn't he literture but it would not be something thta was nessisarily highlighted or even ever talked about since go along with aristocraric pursuits of his set.
However, I see marrying an English woman.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Gentry

I like Kate for William right now. They seem to understand each other and are comfortable, supportive and friendly with each other. If they are still together in 2 years, I think they will marry.

However if they go their separate ways, I would like to see William with the equivelent of a Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands. Someone who has had a taste of the world, is intelligent and fun-loving and can lighten him up.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Yeah, I think he may want to play save by marrying to an English woman. Seriously, he is my favourite prince but from my point of you, he is a typical guy who prefer an average (or below) kind of lady. I think if he is only a normal person, he may just want his wife to be at home, cook, take care of the chores while he works. Someone who wont be more advance than him, very typical housewife. Try to compare him to other european royals such as Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg who list down the criterias that he's looking for his partner:broad knowledge of political and diplomatic affairs, be fluent in several languages, like sports and music, enviromentalist, an open minded, modern and independent women. We never who they will end up with but if he really got such girl, we can see the bright side of his next generation...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Courtier

I agree about Charlotte and the princes...she moves in completely different circles, way more jet set high fashion, the monaco royals are like movie stars.

And when Tatler was even describing what it would take to be friends with them...she didn't fit the description at all! LOL And she is definitely not converting...I agree they seem to take their religion very seriously.

I still say Amanda Hearst would be most interesting for William...
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Gentry

Charlotte and William would look stunning together, but I don't think that's a good partnership. I don't think they are intellectually compatible either, and that is so important for a long term relationship. They are at different points in their life right now and I don't think either could satisfy what the other desires in a mate.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

Stunning...that's for sure!!! Too powerful to be true too.. And definitely Charlotte maybe too 'advance' for him...if you know what I mean

Intelectual fit if comes to horses, sport, literature (he may read lots too..), geography, history, music, press attention (maybe not 'journalism' for William)but definitely not fashion...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Commoner

William would not appreciate every one trying to find him a bride he will find her on his own and on his time but I will tell you that it is not up to just him but his family to help desiced who she will be, she will be a Lady nothing less and no most Lady's are not just a house wife they are many things , as Lady's we are very well accomplished .
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Commoner

I also think that PW would probably marry someone who has work ethics and like to volunteer for charity. She should come from an aristocratic or royal family. She must be independent and truly discreet. She must be ambitious and absolutely loyal. She must be well traveled and can speak several different languages. She must be influential and charming. I don't think he found this person yet but hopefully he will.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Gentry

I would like someone who isn't ethnically British. I have to say a Southern European ethnicity since i'm Greek. Maybe an American or Italian. Northern Europeans tend to get more diseases (I'm pre-med) and its good to have genetic diversity. Anyways not all of us are hairballs, he could still marry a gorgeous blue eyed person. I like Madeleine too for William, but as I mentioned that whole Greek thing makes me say ewww because they are cousins. Oh yeah she should definately be educated, maybe a Doctor, Lawyer or someone with an advanced degree (like a PhD in XYZ) since she is an asset to the family. I think he needs someone that is educated because he is and I think it would make things too awkard. She doesn't need to be a brain surgeon but her only function in life can't be to look good.

Now my stupid question is they can't marry Catholics... does that include Greek Catholicism or just the Roman Branch? Please PM about that one, I find it silly
Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM

I have to say, I had no idea that Amanda Hearst and Jamie Johnson dated. (Even though I did see Born Rich... actually, what I remember from that was that Josiah Hornblower seemed to have a weird drug-related tick). Anyway, I believe that for the past few years, Amanda Hearst has been dating Winston Lapham. She and Prince William would make a very attractive couple though, I think. Their lifestyles might clash though, I think.

Even more on topic... I don't know if I have a preferred wife/type of wife for either Prince William or Prince Harry. IMO, its still early to be settling down. But while I dont think I'd mind seeing them playing the field a little bit/feeling other people out a little more, I can imagine thats not an image that would go over too well.

Lastly, I don't know if I like Kate Middleton. I mean... if she is it for Prince William, then that is that. But it kinda cracked me up to read that there were (supposedly) mothers warning each other over the "Wisteria Sisters."
Old 12-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder why so many wish for him to marry someone Royal or aristocratic? As far as I know almost all European heirs by now are married to "commoners". Why should William be an exception especially since he hasn't dated or shown a lot of interest in an aristocratic woman (as far as I know). Do you want an arranged marriage like the one of Charles and Diana? While I can see that she should have certain traits of character and a good education, I don't think that it should matter whether there's a "Lady" in front of her name or not.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Commoner

Well, I think that the religion problem can be solved. There's a famous phrase in history: "Paris vault bien une messe." I hope I wrote it right...If a p retendant to the french throne could convert to catolicism (if I remember my classes well), a woman in love if William, Harry or any other prince could convert also to the anglican religion. Didn't Queen Anne-Marie convert when she married King Constantin? And so on. Some time ago I think the press associated PW to a niece of Queen Paola of Belgium, a princess Ruffo di Calabria. Can't remember her name, but she looked really great from the pics. I have just seen some pics from Pr Maria Annunciatta of Lietchenstein (daughter of Pr Nikolaus and Pr. Margaretta - born Luxembourg). She grew up into a gorgeous young woman. I don't think they move in the same circles, but the "advantage" is this kind of girls wouldn't be devastated by the protocol, etc. They were born under this kind of things.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william