The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her. CP Mary had to convert from a presbyterian to a lutheran before she marry CP Frederick.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Nobility

At this point it's just a gussing game we all pick who we think would be ideal it's kind of fun What about one of Charles or Diana's goddaughter for a future wife there must be at least a couple that would be a good match for William

Old 04-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiyah2086
Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her.

As long as she is no longer Catholic, then yes.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ok......... say William were to meet and fall in love with a Catholic girl. If she's willing to convert to the Church of England despite protest from her family and possible the Vatican. Would he still be allowed to marry her. CP Mary had to convert from a presbyterian to a lutheran before she marry CP Frederick.
That's not much of a conversion as both fall under the category of Protestant churches.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Precisely!! William can find another suitable bride outside of England.
I think he should take a trip abroad and just do something. Maybe go to school or do some humanitarian work. And maybe he will just naturally fall in love with whomever (not necessarily a Princess or Countess or Baroness or noblewoman) without being under the gun of the British press. Then he should bring her back to England for a quick approval and announcement that the woman is to be his wife.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think the times are passed when faith was instrumentalised by politics as it used to be for the last centuries. When Elisabeth Christine of Braunschweig -Wolfenbüttel should marry emperor Charles VI., she really hesitated because that meant to convert ot catholizism. But that was 1707 - not long after the Great War of 1618-1648 and faith was very much a political thing as well as personal. Nowadays I don't believe the current pope would have a problem to tell a future Princess of Wales to change her faith if need be... There is no political sense behind this any more and thus the church reacts differently to when it was a question of power. IMHO.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
That's not much of a conversion as both fall under the category of Protestant churches.
Hmmm........ I have to wonder about the notion of Catholic vs Protestant in this day and age.

Way back when, Catholicism was deemed treason. There is nothing treasonable about being a Catholic in the 21st Century?

Wonder what would happen if William's choice was acceptable in every other way?

Let's face it, Edward may have given it all up for the woman he loved, but I never did think she loved him that much. Rather, she loved the Prince of Wales. I would hate for something like that to happen to William or Harry.

Let's face it, everyone deserves to be loved for themselves alone. Especially when you are a 'person of interest'.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 AM

Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe
I do not know what truth there is to the rumors about Miss Calthorpe and Prince William. Even the tabloid reports say that she is dating Sam Branson. Nevertheless, these rumors are recycled from three or four years ago, and she is a beautiful, blue-blooded woman. She seems to have the "breeding" to impress the courtiers and the looks to attact the Prince. Only the "actress" factor casts doubt on her eligibility to be a Princess of Wales and a future Queen Consort.
Basic information and pictures: Click here (Support Kate Middleton blog)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Nobility

I think William will be into his 30s before he begins to think about settling down. I think these women in his circle are savvy and know better that they will be nothing more than time passers for this dude. I don't see him jumping from the frying pan to into the fire, so to speak.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Honestly, I agree that William will wait until at least 30 to marry. Adding to that note, I believe that his wife will be someone he has known at least as long or longer than he knew Kate. He might even marry Kate after all, because they might re-up things, but surely, I believe at any rate, that he will marry a woman he has known since teen years (maybe even longer) because he does not strike me as likely to just meet someone and decide in a few odd years to marry.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I think he should take a trip abroad and just do something. Maybe go to school or do some humanitarian work. And maybe he will just naturally fall in love with whomever (not necessarily a Princess or Countess or Baroness or noblewoman) without being under the gun of the British press. Then he should bring her back to England for a quick approval and announcement that the woman is to be his wife.

Hey, I'm available. I'm well traveled, rubbed shoulders with world leaders (lucky enough to represent the State of California for APEC 2000 as a delegate), love German food (hence the German ancestry of the Windsors) and would be a dedicated and loyal wife (even during his possible affairs) as long as I'm treated well, have my favorite DVD's to watch (when he is out at the clubs) and plenty of land space to ride my horses and rescue wildlife. I don't ask for much.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Hey, I'm available. I'm well traveled, rubbed shoulders with world leaders (lucky enough to represent the State of California for APEC 2000 as a delegate), love German food (hence the German ancestry of the Windsors) and would be a dedicated and loyal wife (even during his possible affairs) as long as I'm treated well, have my favorite DVD's to watch (when he is out at the clubs) and plenty of land space to ride my horses and rescue wildlife. I don't ask for much.
Hey, why not? If you can penetrate William's orbit, go for it. I mean, if ya get that far, ya might as well finish the deed!~
I kind of agree with that TV show poll in britain which had voters overwhelmingly favoring Holly Branson. Now, she's a cool cat: Pretty, sweet-faced, great name (can you beat 'Queen Holly', honestly?) And she's going to be a doctor.... It's like in that movie The Prince & Me.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Hey, why not? If you can penetrate William's orbit, go for it. I mean, if ya get that far, ya might as well finish the deed!~
I kind of agree with that TV show poll in britain which had voters overwhelmingly favoring Holly Branson. Now, she's a cool cat: Pretty, sweet-faced, great name (can you beat 'Queen Holly', honestly?) And she's going to be a doctor.... It's like in that movie The Prince & Me.
Unfortunately, though, I'm considered over-the-hill and he would be considered my "boy toy".

It would be interesting about Holly Branson. I wonder what her middle name is because, if and I really mean "if" something between the two would blossom, then I think the Queen would question a Queen Holly. And, having the ambition of being a Doctor or whatever medical position she gets, she would probably want to continue in that endeavor or feel helpless that she wasn't able to realize her dream. Like Sophie, I wonder if she does miss being in the business instead of just carrying out royal duties and being a mom. Sometimes, if the girl is smart and have endeavors they want to achieve, life becomes dreadful and boring if they can't fulfill their dream. I'm like that myself.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Honestly, I agree that William will wait until at least 30 to marry. Adding to that note, I believe that his wife will be someone he has known at least as long or longer than he knew Kate. He might even marry Kate after all, because they might re-up things, but surely, I believe at any rate, that he will marry a woman he has known since teen years (maybe even longer) because he does not strike me as likely to just meet someone and decide in a few odd years to marry.
I agree. He seems to keep his circle very small. I think the end to his relationship with Kate has not yet been written. I mean if he meets someone else and gets serious with her, fine, but I think that woman might have a time of it.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I was reading a magazine article about the split and they mentioned some girls that would be good matches for William. They were Isabella AGC (although they mentioned that she's dating Sam Branson), Jecca Craig and some girl named Tess Shephard. Anyone know who the last one is? I have never heard of her.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Nobility

Tess Shepard is some nightclub gawker who sold her 5 mins of shared airspace in a club with William to the highest bidder. Why her name keeps coming up is a mystery.

After the way the press went after William and Kate, he'll probably appear like a monk until the day before he meets up with his bride at the alter. As I've said here before, I'm rather pissed off at William. Perhaps that is why I find him looking more unattractive by the day -- he's really beginning to look like his father. He's ordinary at best and if he wasn't a prince, no one would give him a second look. Okay, I nor any of my gal pals would anyway.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Commoner

William - Charlotte Casiraghi
William - Princess Madeline

Dreams come true :
Old 05-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedstep
William - Charlotte Casiraghi

He could marry her, provided she converted from Roman Catholicism first. Because of the Act of Settlement (which really ought to go), he can't marry a Catholic and retain his place in the line of succession.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
He could marry her, provided she converted from Roman Catholicism first. Because of the Act of Settlement (which really ought to go), he can't marry a Catholic and retain his place in the line of succession.
Yup, I trully understand that William could lose the throne if he wed a catholic woman. Just cant help imagine it. Charlotte could convert into Protestant (correct me if Im wrong) wed Will and bcm the next Queen Consort. Queen Charlotte sound nice right??? Cross my fingers...

Just imagine their children, With Grimaldi Beauty genes and British Royalty, they will conquer the world
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry but Charlotte and William? It sounds very strange to me. I like both but they are so different and I . . . I can't say why but I have a problem with this idea . . . if you understand me.

sometimes I'll change my mind . . . . maybe

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william