The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
What about one of Liechtenstein's sisters?
Well, since the Catholic-potential-convert princesses are fair game, I would wish that Prince William and Princess Maria Annunciata (sp?) might hook up.... She's really pretty, imo. She is a Liechtenstein, isn't she? Yes, speaking in terms of dreams and far-fetched ideas, I would say Maria Annunciata for Prince William, and Charlotte Casiraghi for Prince Harry.
Sorry for Chelsy Davy, I like her, but for now I guess we are dreaming of royal-royal matches!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Well, since the Catholic-potential-convert princesses are fair game, I would wish that Prince William and Princess Maria Annunciata (sp?) might hook up.... She's really pretty, imo. She is a Liechtenstein, isn't she? Yes, speaking in terms of dreams and far-fetched ideas, I would say Maria Annunciata for Prince William, and Charlotte Casiraghi for Prince Harry.
Sorry for Chelsy Davy, I like her, but for now I guess we are dreaming of royal-royal matches!
Yes. I think that we should take into consideration all possible candidates.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Believe me: William won´t ever marry a royal Lady. He will end up like his father, aunt and uncles and marry just a "normal" common British girl and that´s it!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Yes, conversions have always taken place when it was considered necessary - Sophia of Greece has been mentioned, and there is also Count Henri de Monpezat (Henrik of Denmark) and Irene of the Netherlands. Sometimes, when it is not crucial (as it is with the thrones of Britain and Spain), the spouse of the 'wrong' religion maintains that for themselves, but the children are brought up in the 'right' religion. This is the case with Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess Caroline of Hannover, Princess Eilika of Austria-Hungary, Princess Michael of Kent, and probably others. As Princess Michael of Kent said, when she was being criticized by the Church, we are all Christian so it doesn't matter too much.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:40 PM

For the non-royal candidates, I will always hold out hope for Jecca, although I think she doesn't seem to want to be a princess.... But as far as dream matches go, this one seems very down-to-earth, very cool, breezy and fun, yet on some level, she seems both uncomplicated and exotic, both metro and country. She has the Kenyan bush background, but seems very comfortable in the London society among the van Cutsems et al.
JESSICA CRAIG
Picture sources: Hola.com, Team Highgrove WHU, 20Minutos.es
Old 04-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I'm wondering who William is most likely to meet on a tour of Iraq.

Somehow I don't think aristocrat or princess.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-15-2007, 04:47 PM

I don't know about Prince William and Iraq, but here are more pics of Jecca, the only others I have:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...mo-harry4a.jpg (hola.com)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...PA_230x350.jpg (royalarchive.com)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...l/JECCAMIX.jpg (rex)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../JECCAMIX2.jpg (rex)

Some other women linked to the princes in the past (some true, some gossip, or "just friends")
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ial/PWGALS.jpg (all rex)
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel

Somehow I don't think aristocrat or princess.
Do you, too, think of Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
William won't be doing a tour of Iraq.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
She was the daughter of a morganatic cousin of the king of Wuerttemberg with only the title of "Count" to his name. When it turned out that due to her being fat (or simple or both) nobody was going to marry princess Adelaide of Cambridge but this Count, his Royal cousin created him Duke of Teck. So not really German Royality, no.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Certainly, HSH Princess May of Teck was considered sufficiently royal by Queen Victoria to marry The Duke of York, and after all, her mother was most certainly royal and a cousin of The Queen.

The Duke was considered to be morganatic, but Victoria maintained the German standard of royalty was obssessive and ridiculous. His mother was descended from one of Hungary's most ancient noble families and was certainly an aristocrat of the highest order.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Believe me: William won´t ever marry a royal Lady. He will end up like his father, aunt and uncles and marry just a "normal" common British girl and that´s it!
He doesn't know any of the European princesses and will marry a British aristocrat like his mother.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 PM

If Jessica Craig changes her mind and agrees to put up with the royal ya ya, he might marry her. It seems not uncommon these days for princes to look to other continents for marriage: CP Fred, CP Willem-Alex, even Prince Harry.
Prince William's mother was the sole Princess of Wales to be English for many centuries. There is a long-standing habit of looking to Europe, and now.... Africa.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
Sirikitiya Jensen (another Princess from Thailand who was born in 1985) attends college in NY
http://www.thainewyork.com/albums/si..._jensen_05.jpg
Quote:
She's really pretty!
She is pretty! That would be an interesting match.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
He doesn't know any of the European princesses and will marry a British aristocrat like his mother.
Maybe he needs to get out of the country and go exploring.
The world is full of women.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Nobility

He needs to grow up and become a man and accept his future, quite frankly.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

Well, remember the rebound rules. Whoever dates him now won't last long, it's the next one that could be Mrs. Right.
And I agree with the comment above, he should get out and meet different people, and if it's a princess he needs they could loosen up on the religion thing and take their pick, there are plenty of Orleans-France, Orleans-Braganza-Brazil, Bourbon branches, Napoleons, Romanovs, etc.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Whoever dates him now won't last long, it's the next one that could be Mrs. Right.
Toledo, I think the general preference would be for William to become involved with a Miss rather than a Mrs.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Other royal families....

.....at least try to find wives in their own circle. Erich Waldburg-Zeil f.i. once said in an interview that nobles should marry nobles and commoners should marry commoners. It must have been very hard for the Duke and Duchess of Wurttemberg (one of their daughters is married to Erich...) that one of their six children decided to marry a commoner (Julia Storz). In Bavaria there are five daughters and two are married to nobles and I´m sure the decision of two others to marry commoners made their parents not too enthusiastic because traditions more and more brake away by mixing them up with commoners...
The problem is that William´s girlfriends give already the direction in which he´s moving. IMO he next to makes a bow around noble girls. One reason might be that he dislikes his position as future king anyway and isn´t willing to handle the "rules" of tradition like many of his collueges in other royal houses. It´s funny that the most noble European families almost never more marry nobles but the smaller ones still do.....
Old 04-19-2007, 04:02 PM

Prince William is very predictable in the kind of woman he is attracted to: fresh-faced, nice-looking, wealthy white girl from the polo-hunt-socialite society. I think his wife is sure to be one such woman.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Courtier

One of the difficulties in William's marrying some European princess is that so many of them are Catholics and that they'd need to change their religion unless the law in England changes (as it should, I believe). When CP Mary altered her religion it was from one Protestant faith to another and both are remarkably similar. I find it anachronistic in C21 that the British heir can legally marry a Hindu, or a Muslim, or a Buddhist, or anyone other than a Catholic!

On the break-up itself, I've read a few gossipy articles here that William has been strongly attracted to another woman for some months but that she's not as keen on him.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william