Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suonymona said:
Caroline of Monaco is styled HRH of Hanover because Royal Highnesses are greater in rank than Serene Highesses. However, the German Royalty is not recognized--just called as such for courtesy so her recognized/legal title still is Her Serene Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco though she is referred to as Her Royal Highness Caroline of Hanover in almost everything...right down to her stationery.

Caroline is styled "HRH Princess Caroline, Princess of Hanover". She holds superior rank and precedence to her husband, although his style as HRH is greater than HSH, because she is crown princess of Monaco. Ernst-August is former royalty in the German Republic and his British styles are not recognized by the Crown.

felicia said:
I suggested Juliana Guillermo before and we all talked about her then.
My apologies felica. I was relieved we didn't get the same old names.
We should cast our net wider for convertible Catholics so that the TRF "approved candidates list" offers William more choices. :D

What about three Prussian Princesses - Princess Beatrice Victoria, Princess Florence Jessica and Princess Augusta Lily? I think they are Protestant, live in London and are direct descendents of Queen Victoria and her first grandson the Kaiser. I hope it isn't a controversial suggestion, but I saw pictures of them and thought they were really pretty. The middle one Princess Florence bears a striking resemblance to myself actually. :)

There would be quite a few eligible Princesses of Prussia and Prinzesses von Preussen in the appropriate age bracket. There shouldn't be a problem with "acceptability" as Princess Antonia of Prussia married the Marquess of Douro, heir of the Duke of Wellington, without any fuss.
The tabloids would emphasise their descent from the Kaiser, while we would counter that argument with their descent from Queen Victoria. :)

Stefanie said:
Of course we all dream of a wedding between William and some noble woman. But he could the same way surprise us and decide to marry a DIVORCED COMMONER! Sounds horrible but after his parents were divorced and his father married a divorced woman (although he´s still the heir to the throne!) the Queen or his father might get problems in forbid him to do so. They won´t have arguments any more....

What's so bad about marrying a DIVORCED COMMONER?
Let's face it - Diana didn't work very fine in that royal family and she was as noble as they come. Camilla (who is, I believe, A DIVORCED COMMONER) seems to have an easier time with them.
Don't you think it's a matter of personality and character rather than marital state?

What about Beatrice Victoria von Preußen (* 10.02.1981) see here or her sister Florence Jessica von Preußen (* 29.07.1983) see here

The are daughters of Prince Nicholas of Prussia and his wife the Hon. Victoria Mancroft and live in London. Because there parents marraige was not dynastic under the prussian House Laws they are not Princesses of Prussia but the are great-granddaughters of the last german-prussian Crown Prince Wilhelm and great-great-granddaughtes of Emperor Wilhelm II..

And their descent from the wonderful Princess Royal Vicky. Princess Antonia and the Marquess of Douro, future Duke and Duchess of Wellington, have themselves THREE appropriate daughters for marriage to William (or Harry):
Lady Honor Victoria Wellesley (b. 1979)
Lady Mary Luise Wellesley (b. 1986)
Lady Charlotte Anne Wellesley (b. 1990)

The Lady Honor might be a bit old for them though, and Lady Charlotte a bit young.

http://www3.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal?royal30873

Smilla said:
What's so bad about marrying a DIVORCED COMMONER?
Let's face it - Diana didn't work very fine in that royal family and she was as noble as they come. Camilla (who is, I believe, A DIVORCED COMMONER) seems to have an easier time with them.
Don't you think it's a matter of personality and character rather than marital state?
Camilla is different to William's future bride in situation because Camilla is not bearing heirs and continuing on the royal line. No one is advocating Prince William or Harry marry a noble or royal unless they are in love with them and want to marry them of course.

On Kate Middleton:
66a.gif
I just don't think she had the breeding quite honestly and I'm not being snooty I'm being factual.
99a.gif

Royal commentator James Whittaker

Edit to say that Lady Diana was not as noble as they come, she was born the daughter of a Viscount. There were hundreds of women above her in the order of precedence of course. But yes Diana was noble and the marriage did not work, doesn't mean any other marriage to a noble/aristocratic Lady wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Stefan said:
What about Beatrice Victoria von Preußen (* 10.02.1981) see here or her sister Florence Jessica von Preußen (* 29.07.1983) see here

The are daughters of Prince Nicholas of Prussia and his wife the Hon. Victoria Mancroft and live in London. Because there parents marraige was not dynastic under the prussian House Laws they are not Princesses of Prussia but the are great-granddaughters of the last german-prussian Crown Prince Wilhelm and great-great-granddaughtes of Emperor Wilhelm II..
I mentioned them above. Yes Princesses Beatrice, Florence and Augusta are a good idea. Very impressive descent they have and they are pretty and British.

Edit to say that Princess Florence is looking a lot more pretty these days as she is a brunette.

You can see lots of pictures of the von Preussen sisters. Go to HOME and type in ''von preussen''.

Last edited:
felicia said:
On Kate Middleton:
66a.gif
I just don't think she had the breeding quite honestly and I'm not being snooty I'm being factual.
99a.gif

Royal commentator James Whittaker

I wonder what observations that view is based on. After all, the rest of the BRF obviously did accept her, inviting her et´c..

William and Harry should marry for love regardless of race or status.

Smilla said:
I wonder what observations that view is based on. After all, the rest of the BRF obviously did accept her, inviting her et´c..

Accepting her as William's girlfriend is one thing, marrying her is another. He has to have an heir and a member of the aristocracy is probably ideal for marriage (of which he knows many).

And Diana was from one of the most aristocratic families in the UK, not to mention the fact her maternal grandmother, Lady Fermoy, was a close friend and Woman of the Bedchamber to The Queen Mother. She was ideal to marry The Prince of Wales, but her character and personality were not suited to royal life.

William will face the same challenges as his father did. Finding someone to love and share your life with, but who understands the sacrifice and duty that will come with being his wife.

sirhon11234 said:
William and Harry should marry for love regardless of race or status.

Harry may be able to do that, but not William. He's a future king.

Is it really important that William marries a girl from an aristocratic or rich background branchg?

I know it is cliché to say I hope he marries someone he loves without regard for "breeding material" (as James Whittaker so ridiculously puts it). But I do hope so, and I am certain he will, and I am also certain that he has already met his "great love", be it Kate or Jecca, but I believe for certain he is in love with one of them. These are the women he seems most attached to and least willing to let slip out of his life. I like Jecca but really hope his love is with Kate because she seems, or seemed, the willing one. I don't see Jecca wanting the princess deal. And if he takes Kate only because Jecca won't have him, oh boy. That would be bad. But again negativity rears its ugly head.
I do feel sure that William knows better than to marry someone for the "wrong" reasons. If he finds himself in love with someone unwilling to marry him and do the princess thing, then I feel certain he will simply not marry.
If Harry marries someone and provides heirs, that must take pressure off, right? But even if Harry stays single too, the succession is far from lacking.
I can't see how his not marrying would be any problem. I know some of you out there are horrified at the idea of King Harry, but hey, just think how much fun it would be?! Besides, he would be so much older, he'd clean up and do his duty if he came to that. Both of these brothers would be good kings. I am sure of it.

British bookmakers were taking bets Saturday on who Prince William will marry following his reported split from girlfriend Kate Middleton, with Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue among the front runners. - source.

Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue?! :ohmy: :wacko:

Avalon said:
British bookmakers were taking bets Saturday on who Prince William will marry following his reported split from girlfriend Kate Middleton, with Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue among the front runners. - source.

Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue?! :ohmy: :wacko:

I read about Paris Hilton!... :sad: :lol:

Oh god, what person is going to place a bet in favor of Prince William and......
Britney Spears? Paris Hilton? Kylie? How the heck is that a winning bet?!:lol:

sirhon11234 said:
Is it really important that William marries a girl from an aristocratic or rich background branchg?

I think so. That's not to say he couldn't marry a commoner.....he may very well do so. But the reality is an aristocratic girl with appropriate bloodlines would be desirable to continue the royal line.

Although Theodora of Greece is royal she´s IMO not a bit used to big press attention. Don´t know why some people believe that she is. It could possibly be true that she was born because her parents speculated on a royal marriage with William (I don´t think it´s so absurd). I think Constantine was capable of that idea when he and Anne-Marie decided to have some more children after William was born.
Theodora as far as I know lives in the USA to study for some years now. Since Constantine is William´s godfather both had some opportunity to see each other during their early childhood. But they both obviously never came closer. She´s a nice girl but to me she appears a little clumsy, shy and has got no special talents to make her fit for a job as a future Queen. (On Frederik´s wedding she most of the time stood around all alone and nowbody talked to her....)
But the main problem is her father´s part in history. That fact keeps all the high nobility away from the Greek royal children.

Breeding is everything in a Royal marriage. Look at Constantine and Anne-Marie. Alright the throne went belly-up but they are perfectly suited and they both know how to behave. They represented Greece and Denmark respectively very well and when was there ever scandal? Exactly. Okay so Theodora and William are vaguely related but Theodora has been photographed by the press since she was an egg, her lineage is perfect and she knows most of the world's royalty. She can look good at a Royal wedding or a state banquet and she could easily handle the job of Queen of England. And Anglo-Greek marriages work. Look at the present pair we've got - flawless. And as for her father's part in history, William would be marrying Theodora not Constantine.

Look, some commoners work. Camilla's lineage isn't common at all and let's face it, she was born to be Royal but Kate Middleton obviously wasn't. Sophie Rhys Jones took a while to learn the ropes. Tim Lawrence is hopeless. Everyone should stick to their own sort - it makes things alot easier. And after all, if William goes for a commoner what makes that commoner suddenly better than the rest of the population? A Royal bride would automatically command respect through her pedigree. And that's what we need.

branchg said:
I think so. That's not to say he couldn't marry a commoner.....he may very well do so. But the reality is an aristocratic girl with appropriate bloodlines would be desirable to continue the royal line.

It's probably the pesky, rebellious Colonial in me speaking, but I think "bloodlines" are greatly over-rated when it comes to who is or is not going to fare well under the restraints and demands of Royal life. What is needed is a person with the right personality, and that is a very individual thing and not guaranteed by bloodlines, IMO.

I also think that the English Royals and aristocrats are probably already inbred enough, and that some new blood, with some fresh ideas, would be a better idea. Of course the person in question would need to be reasonably well educated and appropriately bred, with the basic social graces, but not necessarily blue-blooded. Perhaps there are some suitable young Scottish women who share William's interests and are not closely related to the RF, or maybe someone among the protestant Irish girls.

And maybe it's the nature and structure of Royal life that needs to change a bit to accommodate the needs and expectations of its cast of players in this modern world, not the other way around.

branchg said:
Harry may be able to do that, but not William. He's a future king.

I disagree. This is 2007. You never know what may happen. I believe William will marry for love AND duty, but not sacrifice love FOR duty. God bless the future queen of England whatever class, race, color she be.

Yes and maybe we can have a proper Queen Consort for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Dominions?

BeatrixFan said:
Breeding is everything in a Royal marriage. Look at Constantine and Anne-Marie. Alright the throne went belly-up but they are perfectly suited and they both know how to behave.

What about CP Mary of Denmark, CP Maxima of the Netherlands and CP Mette-Marit? Are they not common by birth but still behaving well? I think if behavior is the main thing that matters, then by golly, just about anyone can learn that. The high class are not the only ones with access to etiquette and manners and breefing. These women were not raised in royalty yet they each look like royals by blood to me.

BurberryBrit said:
What about CP Mary of Denmark, CP Maxima of the Netherlands and CP Mette-Marit? Are they not common by birth but still behaving well? I think if behavior is the main thing that matters, then by golly, just about anyone can learn that. The high class are not the only ones with access to etiquette and manners and breefing. These women were not raised in royalty yet they each look like royals by blood to me.

Denmark, Holland and Sweden are very small societies and never had a titled aristocracy and landed peerage which flowed from the fount of the Crown. There are thousands of years of precedent and heritage between the British monarchy and the British aristocracy.

It is very different for a commoner to marry into that versus becoming a princess in the other monarchies you mention.

Who the heck cares about breeding? There isn't a need for Prince William to have heirs. The succession is more than secure for God's sake. If Prince William and Prince Harry don't expand the line of succession, Prince Charles has siblings, neices and nephews and a ga-zillion cousins all over Europe, the UK et al.
Camilla Shand was a commoner like Middleton and, far as I can tell, is doing fine in her role as future Queen.
You guys can talk until you are blue in the face about your Princesses of non-existent-anymore Prussia, but I don't see that coming to pass, in fact..... It's almost as unlikely as Queen Britney or Queen Paris! :lol:

I think you are mistaken about Denmark, branchg. Their aristocracy is still intact although not part of a House of Lords. But then neither is the British aristocracy any more.

ysbel said:
I think you are mistaken about Denmark, branchg. Their aristocracy is still intact although not part of a House of Lords. But then neither is the British aristocracy any more.
Yes, there is a definitely strong as ever Danish, Swedish, even Dutch nobility.
Norway does not have an aristocracy, though, the Norwegian royals have often delved into the pool of larger Scandinavian nobility and royalty for 'breeding' potential.;) The Norwegian royal family is young and the XX royals married commoners.

Who'll wed Wills? Bookies taking bets on Kylie

British bookmakers were taking bets Saturday on who Prince William will marry following his reported split from girlfriend Kate Middleton, with Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue among the front runners.

Who'll wed Wills? Bookies taking bets on Kylie - Yahoo! News UK

Now if he marries Britney, I would think all the people who were so nasty about Catherine, would soon change their tune! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom