The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:26 PM

The hispanic look is explained by her father, Jorge Guillermo, who is a Havana-born Cuban exile.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

William has to marry a woman who understands duty and is willing to make the tremendous sacrifice of being a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

I am not convinced Kate Middleton is the right person for him to marry nor does she have the bloodlines the Establishment and Household will deem acceptable for a woman who will bear heirs.

It remains to be seen if these and other obstacles can be overcome, including the question of whether William even wants to marry her.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
If she converted, William can marry her. At the time of his marriage, his wife can't be Catholic but there's nothing to say she couldn't be a Catholic until her marriage and then convert a year before the wedding. Theodora would be a good match for William and Constantine would be thrilled I'm sure. I'd love to see Beatrice marry Philippos. Now that would be a wedding!
I'm not certain, but I thought I had read that the rule prohibits anyone who had ever been Catholic from marrying the heir, not simply someone who was Catholic at the time of marriage. As I said, however, I'm not sure.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

I think you could be right about that. For the heir it is difficult for a Catholic to marry them, or anyone with Catholic connections to themselves.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
William has to marry a woman who understands duty and is willing to make the tremendous sacrifice of being a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg

....It remains to be seen if these and other obstacles can be overcome, including the question of whether William even wants to marry her.
I actually agree with the statement that we don't know if William really wants to marry her or not. It seems obvious that she is his first love and his first serious relationship, but whether he will actually marry her is truly the question of the day.
Even though Kate is a commoner and there are many other young women who really are more suitable for Prince William (as far as bloodlines and royal heritage are concerned) Let's be realistic: despite not having the right ‘credentials’ she really is very pretty. She's just as pretty as Juliana Guillermo, here are some pictures for comparison:

©Action Press
Name:  william_hochf.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  39.6 KB Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00149355.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	257219 Click image for larger version

Name:	kate7.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	257220

Old 07-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Just musing at what William thinks about everyone trying to marry him off.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I don't suppose he's surprised by it. At least, I hope not.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:54 PM

You see, if I was the Queen, I'd sit him down with a nice list of titled eligible girls and say, "These are your options. Pick one that'll look pretty in the frock and can spend the rest of her life waving and pretending to be interested in everything and anything". Then, you marry the boy off, put the new wife in her place, cover them in jewels and honours and the dynasty is safe for another 50 years.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sounds uncomfortably like the process that landed Charles in so much trouble with his choice of titled pretty girl.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Sounds uncomfortably like the process that landed Charles in so much trouble with his choice of titled pretty girl.
Ayup. "Lie back and think of England" doesn't work anymore.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Absolutely. That dog don't hunt anymore. The boy's in love with Kate.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:08 PM

It works if you put them in their place at the very beginning.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Ayup. "Lie back and think of England" doesn't work anymore.
I agree with you.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think William is smart enough to make the right choice, both for love and duty, when the time comes.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

american

if william fell in love with an american would the queen allow them too marry?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie
if william fell in love with an american would the queen allow them too marry?
Why not? probably yes, if she's suitable for the role as Queen ad Princess, and is not Roman-Catholic, I don't see problems
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 PM

Legally there's no problems. Socially however....
Old 07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Technically, William can marry anyone who is not a Roman Catholic, regardless of nationality, under the Royal Marriages Act. Constitutionally, however, The Queen would have to seek the advice of the Prime Minister before giving a formal answer because he is the spare to the throne.

Politically, William would have to marry a British girl from a practical standpoint.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

If religion was an issue for Will to marry, I think it would work. I think they would make it happen either way. Will is a smart man and when its time for him to pick a wife, He would choose well. We are living in the 21 century. Thing have to change and the royal family needs to change with the times. People will never judge Will like they did with his parents. Will has grown up and see more of his shares of garbage. What ever happens and if he marrys Kate or whoever. Changes will happen and they will be Postive for everyone including The future King of England.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia
I think that's a bit mean.
Perhaps so...but IMHO. I just don't find her anywhere exciting (just because she's royal doesn't means she is or the best thing for William) or attractive for that matter. I'll move on with this one.

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william