The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think people say he is too young because men are getting married older these days.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone is the same. While X might be too young (emotionally) to get married at 23 Y might appear to be older and wiser than his peers. William appears to be a sensible and mature young man (of course we don't really KNOW him) of 23! He has seen the shaky marriage of his parents, the nasty divorce and all that came with it, and the premature death of his mother at the age of 36. Who knows how that has impacted her children. Now I am not encouraging him to get married, because unfortunately for his position, he needs to get it "right" the first time. The House of Windsor doesn't need a lot ex princessess running around the world. But he should learn from his father...sometimes your first love does not come back around. I am sure he will do it when he feels its right....that could be at 24 or 37.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Nobility

I think there is a HUGE difference between an ordinary 23 year old getting married and a Prince getting married at that age.

If William married then he and Kate would never be thrust into the public eye and public duties, Diana was very young when she had to take on this role but she had a much older husband.

I just think that William should be allowed to date who he wants, enjoy life, see what is out there in the big World and then maybe late 20's early 30's think about marriage.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

in case, I just hope kate would not be too much involved with W. She should have her own life, so she can take any wind.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

A marriage for Prince William is a matter of state and must be carefully considered. He's not just any 23 year old; he's a future King. I think he will proceed very sensibly and cautiously before entertaining marriage.

He knows the most important thing for him right now is to continue growing as a person in his experiences and taking on more duties. That has to be his first priority.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

To paraphrase branchg, let us not underestimate the intelligence of Prince William. He would be more aware than any of us of the importance of his choice of marriage partner. Whatever happens, we can be pretty certain he will not be rushing into anything. In any case he has known Kate for four years, so we could term it a "long-term relationship."
Old 10-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Royal Highness

I do think William should experience other relationships but on the other hand, if he believes Kate is the one, why waste time with other people? It will all be very interesting no matter what happens. I personally wouldn't mind a Queen Kate but we'll see how William feels.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally can't see Kate as Queen. I like her, but she doesn't seem to suit the role.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Commoner

I think that he shouldn't....to me....she just doesn't seem as if she really supports William because in all the headlines and newspapers, she's never with him on his trips to help other countries.
AsianRedneck
Old 10-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

One of the reasons Kate is not on these trips with Will is that they might be official trips. Girlfriends, I believe, are technically not allowed to accompany royal boyfriends to official functions until they are engaged. Besides if he's in another country for awhile you can't just expect her to give up everything in her life right now because her boyfriend is somewhere else. She isn't bound to "official" expectation yet...and maybe she'll never be.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Gentry

I think Prince William will get married when he feels he is ready. Since none of us know him its pretty hard to make such a judgement. I'm sure he will take marrying as as a serious buisness and if he picks Kate then I wouldn't be disapointed. But if it didn't work out with her then I wouldn't really be bothered either. I'm sure that whoever he marries will grow from their wedding day to their coronation day. Especially if they marry young. Look at Diana who went from a shy young girl to a confidant and press-savy princess.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRedneck
I think that he shouldn't....to me....she just doesn't seem as if she really supports William because in all the headlines and newspapers, she's never with him on his trips to help other countries.
AsianRedneck
It would be a breach of protocol for Kate to accompany Prince William to anything but private affairs. Given that William's trips to foreign countries have the blessing of the Foreign Office, the Prime Minister and the Queen, it would certainly be inappropriate, especially since his work is on behalf of his own private duties.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I personally can't see Kate as Queen. I like her, but she doesn't seem to suit the role.
In my opinion, William will not marry Kate as her background is not suitable for the immense pressure and responsibility of public duties and understanding the burden of royal life.

She is an independent woman looking to expand her career, a goal that is incompatible with becoming a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort. If she becomes successful and content with her personal life, it would be even more difficult to leave all that behind for a marriage to a future King.

I just don't think it will happen, but I could be wrong. It's too early to tell.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
In my opinion, William will not marry Kate as her background is not suitable for the immense pressure and responsibility of public duties and understanding the burden of royal life.

She is an independent woman looking to expand her career, a goal that is incompatible with becoming a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort. If she becomes successful and content with her personal life, it would be even more difficult to leave all that behind for a marriage to a future King.

I just don't think it will happen, but I could be wrong. It's too early to tell.
About her background,I don't think that's going to be a problem, considering how Princess Mette-Marit got married to Prince Hakon(not sure about the spelling!:o )However,I really think William should look around more before settling down!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

He shouldn't "look around more" just for the sake of it. That sounds so chauvinistic. In times past, that's referred to as "sowing wild oats". At the same time, people are debating if his wife should be a virgin.

Given he is going to be busy with "trainings" and Sandhurst in a few month, he will be gaining more life experience and different perspectives.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Gentry

My two cents is that if William knows that he is ready for marriage and that Kate is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with he should marry her. If however he is doubtful on either fronts he should wait until he knows one way or the other. I don't believe background should play any part in his decision because then he might end up with someone he is not truly in love with and that would be the mistake. Although I do wholeheartedly agree with the comment that Kate should be willing to give up her career for him.

Next on the topic of people not thinking Kate is suitable for the job or is lacking spark. Things can be learnt like the skills and traits she will need for her future duties (If they where to marry), and furthermore who is to say she doesn't already posses these traits which truly don't know a terrible lot about her we have to remember that the public don't know a lot her yet. And for this same reason we don't know if she possesses a 'spark' and even if she doesn’t to the public we don't what type of personality she possesses in private. If anybody takes me for example I'm a completely different person among different groups of my friends, it would be hard for her to convey such a very susceptible part of her personality to cameras when she really isn't supposed to even be photographed.

Finally on the topic of William’s wife being a virgin. He has been baptized (granted not is choice) and confirmed (totally his choice) within the Church of England. If he is truly a Christian he will be marrying a Christian woman and both of them will be will be virgins until their marriage.

This is just my opinion you shouldn’t be offended by it after all I’m not forcing you to share it.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feberin
I agree that William's family is far from perfect but he's not directly related to fergie and all the other stuff is quite common in any royal family. And about the car accident, Charlotte's grandmother died in one that also has questions about what happened. I think that the Monaco family is far more controversal then the British royals.
I don't think that the controversal pasts of either family should be held against William or Charlotte. They are both thier own people with thier own clean slates in life.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I don't think that the controversal pasts of either family should be held against William or Charlotte. They are both thier own people with thier own clean slates in life.
Very true. The 'sins of the fathers' should not be visited upon the sons-or daughters.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Nobility

I like William and Charlotte match...i dont like William and Ms. Kate Middleton's romance..I dont know, I am not a big fan of Kate..I prefer Wills to marry someone like Charlotte, or Charlotte herself..

Old 11-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Majesty

when was tjhe last time a prince that will be king married a non britsh girl

Closed Thread

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william