The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

One way, in my opinion, that Kate has it over Diana is that she doesn't even act coy with the press. She does her own thing and seems to enjoy being with people, and she hardly ever seems to look right at a camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
What I like about her, (and Chelsey,) is that neither of them have blabbed to the press. Mind you, neither did Diana until she was safely married.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Most young women would be more interested in being the latest WAG, rather than a royal princess these days.
Really? Mrs. Cristiano Ronaldo or Mrs footballer instead of being Queen of England? I think that really depends on the young woman. Kate already has the money so it isn´t an attraction for her and Prince William is a handsome young man. In a way it I think it is a pity for her that he is who he is and that he will one day be King, if he were a footballer life would be much easier for her.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Really? Mrs. Cristiano Ronaldo or Mrs footballer instead of being Queen of England? I think that really depends on the young woman. Kate already has the money so it isn´t an attraction for her and Prince William is a handsome young man. In a way it I think it is a pity for her that he is who he is and that he will one day be King, if he were a footballer life would be much easier for her.
I have no idea how much money Kate possesses personally (although I suspect it isn't much) but compared to the Coleen Rooneys of this world I doubt it's very much.

Moreover, the celebrity culture in the UK is far more prolific these days than in the past and unfortunately celebrities are probably more popular, particularly among younger people.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I can't help thinking that William is a bit lazy and why look elsewhere if there is a nice girl who would arrange her life exactly to his needs. Be available when he is, wait for him when he's not. But when it comes down to the commitment I personally don't believe that Ms Middleton is the love of his life and that William is more insecure about chosing his partner than we all think, not only because of what happened to his parents but also because most relationships of his relatives went wrong. He is probably aware that if he has another desasterous marriage, as his father, aunt, uncle etc this could be the final straw for the House of Windsor.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Moreover, the celebrity culture in the UK is far more prolific these days than in the past and unfortunately celebrities are probably more popular, particularly among younger people.
Now on that we can agree!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Now on that we can agree!
See, it doesn't happen very often but every now and then miracles do occur!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Commoner

Reply to Duke of Marmalade

Totally agree with what you said, especially the first sentence.
I do believe that William has fears of what may happen if he and Kate do break up permanently, after so many years.
That is difficult for anyone to contemplate let alone William. If she is not the one he can commit to, he should take his courage in both hands, ignore the press, and look around. After all Felipe found Letizia, Frederick found Mary, Haakon found Mette Meret and so on. I do believe that it is this fear that is stopping him from ending it, not surprising.
Taree
Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

The thing is, we don't really know what are William's feelings about Catherine, or Catherine's true feelings for William. We know those two are quite reserved in public and try not to show their emotions. But maybe they are madly in love with and can't live withour each other? Maybe they are best friends and feel comfortable with each other? Maybe they are just hanging out with each other till they meet the "right" people? We don't really know.
I believe if it were the question of a "comfortable" person, William would just stop his choice at some of the high-society ladies. I fail to explain his relationships with Catherine as anything but love; she's not exactly from "his cricle", she isn't the perfect Princess material (apart from her discretion, which is a huge bonus point for her), she doesn't have the most perfect family in the world. In fact, she's just a normal girl, so William must really do love her. Why otherwise bother having a girlfriend at all? Hundreeds of thousands of girls would probably dream of merely catching his eye!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Star
Most young women would be more interested in being the latest WAG, rather than a royal princess these days.
Quote:
Little Star may be right. I found this article on the web. It looks like a blog but if it rings the truth, then what girls look up to is kinda scary.

WAG do you want to be when you grow up? - The F-Word
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

I think they are an excellent couple and are very serious about each other. Their relationship has evolved succesfully with time. The "chemistry" between them is obvious to me in the photos. I think that couple was tied in heaven, and so is going to last forever.

They fell in love passionately at the beginning, two extremely handsome human beings: that is the right beginning. She has all the necessary qualities. She is every day prettier, intelligent, educated, elegant, has a lot of poise and self-control. A good sense of humour, it seems.

They belong to the same culture, they are young british, went to the same college, same generation, and that cultural thing is so important. And she loves him enough to endure all the limitations carried by his circumstances in life, so far.

That one is going to be the wedding of this century.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

First of all,Kate looks very good.She is a nice girl with beautiful smile.I can't say what William like in her exactly,but I think that she is good person.He like her character maybe...
Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 AM

i think she is a fake. She is going to take him for all he's got.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what I believe as well. William could have so many women; why hang out with someone he doesn't particularly care for all this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
First of all,Kate looks very good.She is a nice girl with beautiful smile.I can't say what William like in her exactly,but I think that she is good person.He like her character maybe...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM

She is probably intelligent, which means she is probably interesting. She seems comfortable with herself, otherwise I don't know if she would have participated in that charity lingerie show at university. She also seems to be comfortable teasing William about his hair issue, which is what she seemed to be doing in the pics of them & Pippa at the Eton Field Game in 2005, and he probably appreciates that, though I doubt he would let anyone but her do it. She's not self-conscious, doesn't cry or whine in public about the attention, and I'm sure he likes that. He doesn't want someone (or I doubt he wants someone) who would be dramatic in public like his mother was. Diana would cause scenes with her reaction to the paps, and Kate never does that, so that's a very good sign that she has self-control.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Strange how so many people see the same person and get a different impression..
Old 11-20-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Strange how so many people see the same person and get a different impression..
Yes.

The brilliant author Miguel Ruiz would say it is because everyone brings to each perception his/her own story. One's story consists of one's unique experience. No one can have the same perception as any other person. How we all perceive Kate is relative. It is subjective. It says more about us than about Kate. It is funny, isn't it?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Since this thread seems to be covering the same territory as the Relationship Rumours and Musings thread, the British moderators have decided to close it. Anyone wishing to post about William and Kate's relationship is welcome to do so in the other thread.

Elspeth
British Royals moderator

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships