The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
There have been lots of unconventional royal brides/ grooms in recent times ( Mette-Marit, , Máxima, Letizia, Daniel, Sofia, Camilla, etc.), but I must confess I have never seen anything even remotely close to the drama and negativity surrounding this royal wedding. It is turning the British Royal Family into a laughing stock,.
I disagree; the only people who are IMO adding negative drama are certain Markle relatives; the BRF have done nothing wrong, nor has Meghan nor her mother, nor her friends.

10 such little attendants will need a few mothers close by! Except perhaps for Princess Charlotte who seems a very confident little soul.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

On which time on Saturday will the title of Harry and Meghan be announced?

I wonder if KP will today also make further wedding announcements!

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
On which time on Saturday will the title of Harry and Meghan be announced?

I wonder if KP will today also make further wedding announcements!
It was announced at 8am the morning of the wedding for Prince William.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Majesty

I thought it was announced on Twitter the evening before.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

No, it was announced to coincide with the beginning of the TV coverage. I was hovering over the form to create the thread when it happened.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
No, it was announced to coincide with the beginning of the TV coverage. I was hovering over the form to create the thread when it happened.
That is what I thought!

I posted that in response to a question on another thread and was "corrected" with a post about a tweet announcing William's title dated April 28th.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:15 AM
Majesty

That must have been where I read it. Strange!
Old 05-17-2018, 03:41 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
That is what I thought!

I posted that in response to a question on another thread and was "corrected" with a post about a tweet announcing William's title dated April 28th.
Oh y'all are correct. I thought the tweet said 11:59 AM Apr 28 My time (West Coast USA) but it was 11:59 PM my time. So 7:59 AM Apr 29 in UK. My bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That must have been where I read it. Strange!
Sorry! This is why I don't post much!
Old 05-17-2018, 03:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No we aren't assuming he knows them at all. We have photos of them attending Christmas parties every year and on the balcony at Trooping. The Fail is suggesting that its not just the third cousins like Amelia, who weren't invited. But all the Gloucester and Kents, except the senior ones. That means Freddie and Ella who Harry grew up with at Kensington.

He certainly knows them more then many of the celebrities who have been invited. Who he may have met once or twice at charity events.

Celebrities are always invited to royal weddings. That said, usually so are the rest of the family.
100% spot on.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Well, the Palace rats are beginning to turn on each other...if what Kay is saying is true (and he still has *decent* contacts), this is very concerning. I am really worried this wedding will be a mess. I do not think the KP crew is skilled enough for this...

Royal wedding: Courtiers are whispering about the ‘Markle Debacle’… | Daily Mail Online
What a load of asinine drivel.

It seems to me that there are people that are just plain mean-minded and mean-spirited. Nothing makes them feel good because their life is spent dissecting every situation for the tiniest perceived fault and from that, they proceed to crush every sliver of joy for no other reason than they are generally dissatisfied with everything and everybody. Basically, they are sad, sorry, joyless gits who you have to feel sorry for.

The notion that KP or even CH or BP could have "controlled the situation" with the Markles in the US is a total nonsense. How, pray tell, could anyone have prevented what happened. The totally absurd notion that she should have invited her two half-siblings, people who really do hate her and whose aim has been, from day one, to derail the engagement, is a perfect example of nitpicking.

Most ordinary people can go through their entire life and not encounter real hatred such as that Tom Jnr and Samantha feel for Meghan. Things they have said to the media, the things they have done, had their genesis in the public announcement that they were dating. From that moment the hatred festered and they just kept pushing the envelope with the media wondering, just how awful they could be and get away with it. Turns out that hate turns people on.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I recall a story from after William's wedding where he said courtiers gave him a list of people that must be invited to his wedding. He went to the Queen and asked what to do, and her response was, "Bin the list." She told him to invite those that he and Kate wanted to invite.

Every wedding, royal or not, will probably have this sort of guest drama. I have quite of few stories of my own from the weddings I've attended.
The actual quote was "Get rid of it. Start with your friends and we'll add those we need to in due course."
Old 05-17-2018, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
What a load of asinine drivel.

It seems to me that there are people that are just plain mean-minded and mean-spirited. Nothing makes them feel good because their life is spent dissecting every situation for the tiniest perceived fault and from that, they proceed to crush every sliver of joy for no other reason than they are generally dissatisfied with everything and everybody. Basically, they are sad, sorry, joyless gits who you have to feel sorry for.

The notion that KP or even CH or BP could have "controlled the situation" with the Markles in the US is a total nonsense. How, pray tell, could anyone have prevented what happened. The totally absurd notion that she should have invited her two half-siblings, people who really do hate her and whose aim has been, from day one, to derail the engagement, is a perfect example of nitpicking.

Most ordinary people can go through their entire life and not encounter real hatred such as that Tom Jnr and Samantha feel for Meghan. Things they have said to the media, the things they have done, had their genesis in the public announcement that they were dating. From that moment the hatred festered and they just kept pushing the envelope with the media wondering, just how awful they could be and get away with it. Turns out that hate turns people on.
I completely agree with this.

We already have Samantha screaming that she has every right to speak, she's an American. And this is after she revealed, that KP has contacted the markles and politely asked them to not talk to the press, months ago. Imagine the drivel she would spout had they tried to force her in any way, or paid her off. The same Faily would be printing headlines what bullies KP are.

And what were they supposed to do about Mr Markle? Doria has bern supported from the start, and she's not suffering. Mr Markle was no doubt offered the same and more, but ge declined. Were KP supposed to camp outside his house and try to control him? That would've went over well. And about Harry not meeting Mr Markle. He has met Doria multiple times, they get on well. He obviously wanted to meet Mr Markle too, but Mr Markle has declined. Was Harry supposed to roll to his house with his security officers without the consent of Mr Markle and force a meeting?

Anyone saying that KP should've controlled these people should come up with one example how. And suggesting that Meghan should've invited them to the wedding is an absurd idea. They hate her, have trashed her horribly in public, yet Meghan should want them in her wedding.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Let's discuss Meghan's family in the Meghan Markle: Family and Background - The Royal Forums tread and stick t the wedding only here. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I read earlier on Twitter that the flowers won't be going into the Church until Friday. So not sure the flowers seen today were for their ceremony.

LaRae
Could these artificial flowers be for one of the receptions, perhaps?
Old 05-17-2018, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Can just envisage the atmosphere when Harry meets up with his cousins at TTC in a few weeks time. "Your wedding looked nice guys, we watched it on TV. Did the Beckhams and Elton have a nice time?" Just awful.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh good grief. Its like attributing the snubbed Markle attitude onto anyone not invited to the ceremony.

To be honest, I don't think those that weren't invited in spite of a minor bloodline connection would feel left out, snubbed, or anything other than happiness that the wedding did happen. Some people are just mature that way.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It's now confirmed that Thomas Markle will not be attending.

From Meghan:
"Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
"I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday."
Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Beautifully stated and from Meghan herself. This woman has dignity, grace and class.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I disagree; the only people who are IMO adding negative drama are certain Markle relatives; the BRF have done nothing wrong, nor has Meghan nor her mother, nor her friends.

10 such little attendants will need a few mothers close by! Except perhaps for Princess Charlotte who seems a very confident little soul.
Well, that is not the perception of the British press. The overall impression is that the whole wedding preparation is a mess and quickly descending into chaos, nevermind the Markles who are a continuous source of negativity. The whole debacle casts a shadow on Clarence House and Kensington Palace and on how they run things, compared to the smooth operation of Buckingham Palace as seen at William and Kate’s wedding.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara77 View Post
Could these artificial flowers be for one of the receptions, perhaps?
Yesterday I saw pics that a friend took at a VERY nice wedding reception in a five-star hotel noted for doing weddings up right. The bride's family is wealthy. They incorporated artificial flowers into the soaring structural elements at the serving stations and dance floor and the fresh flowers were used for centerpieces and decor at the tables where guests were seated. This friend said the room looked glorious. The pictures I saw certainly did.

Just saying....its a possibility.

Closed Thread