Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to hear afterwards, how things have been happening with Harry and meghan.im so positively surprised, how tight lipped the cast and crew have been. I loved Meghan's dress at the ig, too. Now I'm anxiously waiting what their next move will be.

Meghan s dress was perfectly fine . Come on we are in 2017 and it wasn't indecent at all ! Edgy and beautiful !

She could have worn a burlap sack for all I care. I just think there's a whole lot more to really have a discussion about a relationship than (gag) fashion. It just seems so superficial.

That's just me though.

That sold out last night. I tried to get one, but it was too late. :lol:

If it's that important, you can make a similar dress yourself, or ask a friend who knows how to sew. ? I'd never pay humongous prices just to have something someone I admire wore. If I really like it, I'd look for something similar that's more reasonably priced. But first, it would have to suit my style and frame.

Before Meghan became world famous for dating Prince Harry, she had the contract with Reitmans for the capsule collections. There have been two capsule collections with lovely reasonably priced clothes. If I'd known sooner, I would have purchased some of those clothes which were wonderful for building a casual, savvy wardrobe. Yep, many clothes and accessories Meghan wears are quite delightful, and it's possible to chart her style evolution. Some of the items she's worn that I love, include the Berardi dress she wore to Harry's polo match in May, the Erdem flower print maxi dress worn when she accompanied Harry to the Inskip wedding, the gorgeous camel coat she was seen wearing for lunch with Markus the day after news broke wide open that she's Harry's gf. And yes, the deep burgundy/maroon color and styling of the dress and jacket Meghan wore to the Invictus ceremony is sublime.

I would of liked to see better pics of her clothes..but what I could see I really liked. Great color and style of dress. The jacket kinda got in the way for me.

The Telegraph article link provided here earlier stating that the dress is sold out gives a much better view of the dress. Plus, there are more details and better pics on a site called Meghan's Mirror which provides excellent summary details of Meghan's fashion, if you're interested. The site is cool because it's informative and classy, not cheap and not exploitative. I won't link it here, but you should be able to locate it easily. I actually love the way Meghan casually drapes the motor jacket over her arms. It's a perfect accompaniment to the dress because it was probably cool inside the arena, and the dress is sleeveless and low-cut.

Meghan simply has great style, somewhat similar to Diana Princess of Wales, and former First Lady Michelle Obama. Some people are just naturally gifted with an innate sense of style. Sure they soak up all the knowledge they can, and they receive advice from stylists, but they also first just have that special sense of style and grace internally themselves. It's a natural gift that can't be taught, like someone having a natural eye for being painter or a sculptor. You can take classes, sure, but when you have a special gift, you just have it, and it's part of you. I also think that grace, style and ease come with knowing who you are as a person, inside and out.

And my comments are related to the Meghan and Harry relationship in that Meghan being a savvy, stylish person with great fashion sense is a huge part of who she is and why Harry finds her so appealing. For Invictus, she wore brands associated with her adopted country, Canada, and that was not by mistake. It's relevant to comment on Meghan's style in connection to her relationship with Harry, as once they are engaged and married, everything she wears will be commented on and scrutinized (very similar to some of the threads here on what royal ladies wear every week). Obviously, Meghan's wedding dress will be eagerly anticipated. Her savvy, unique style is significant to the fresh appeal she brings to the royal family.

Last edited:
Two things I’d like to see her ditch right off the bat are draping jackets over her shoulders. It looks silly. She did it at Invictus and that’s the third time I’ve seen her do it.

The other thing is that god awful posing for the camera with her legs crossed in front of her. A lot of celebrities do this and it always looks like she has to go to the loo.

Two things I’d like to see her ditch right off the bat are draping jackets over her shoulders. It looks silly. She did it at Invictus and that’s the third time I’ve seen her do it.

The other thing is that god awful posing for the camera with her legs crossed in front of her. A lot of celebrities do this and it always looks like she has to go to the loo.

Actually, crossing your legs isn't a celebrity thing. It's a normal person thing. im not sure about U.K, but in US, it's quite common and normal. And yes, I understand the royal ladies don't do it. I'm sure it'll change once she becomes Harry's fiancé and attend events in an official capacity. Until then, she's free to be a normal person. As for her jacket, it's a fashion thing. I think she looks fine. These are quite petty things to pick on, aren't they?

If it's that important, you can make a similar dress yourself, or ask a friend who knows how to sew. ? I'd never pay humongous prices just to have something someone I admire wore. If I really like it, I'd look for something similar that's more reasonably priced. But first, it would have to suit my style and frame.

Before Meghan became world famous for dating Prince Harry, she had the contract with Reitmans for the capsule collections. There have been two capsule collections with lovely reasonably priced clothes. If I'd known sooner, I would have purchased some of those clothes which were wonderful for building a casual, savvy wardrobe. Yep, many clothes and accessories Meghan wears are quite delightful, and it's possible to chart her style evolution. Some of the items she's worn that I love, include the Berardi dress she wore to Harry's polo match in May, the Erdem flower print maxi dress worn when she accompanied Harry to the Inskip wedding, the gorgeous camel coat she was seen wearing for lunch with Markus the day after news broke wide open that she's Harry's gf. And yes, the deep burgundy/maroon color and styling of the dress and jacket Meghan wore to the Invictus ceremony is sublime.

The Telegraph article link provided here earlier stating that the dress is sold out gives a much better view of the dress. Plus, there are more details and better pics on a site called Meghan's Mirror which provides excellent summary details of Meghan's fashion, if you're interested. The site is cool because it's informative and classy, not cheap and not exploitative. I won't link it here, but you should be able to locate it easily. I actually love the way Meghan casually drapes the motor jacket over her arms. It's a perfect accompaniment to the dress because it was probably cool inside the arena, and the dress is sleeveless and low-cut.

Meghan simply has great style, somewhat similar to Diana Princess of Wales, and former First Lady Michelle Obama. Some people are just naturally gifted with an innate sense of style. Sure they soak up all the knowledge they can, and they receive advice from stylists, but they also first just have that special sense of style and grace internally themselves. It's a natural gift that can't be taught, like someone having a natural eye for being painter or a sculptor. You can take classes, sure, but when you have a special gift, you just have it, and it's part of you. I also think that grace, style and ease come with knowing who you are as a person, inside and out.

And my comments are related to the Meghan and Harry relationship in that Meghan being a savvy, stylish person with great fashion sense is a huge part of who she is and why Harry finds her so appealing. For Invictus, she wore brands associated with her adopted country, Canada, and that was not by mistake. It's relevant to comment on Meghan's style in connection to her relationship with Harry, as once they are engaged and married, everything she wears will be commented on and scrutinized (very similar to some of the threads here on what royal ladies wear every week). Obviously, Meghan's wedding dress will be eagerly anticipated. Her savvy, unique style is significant to the fresh appeal she brings to the royal family.
Thanks for the advice, but I liked that dress because it's quite reasonably priced. And no, it's not that important to me, just commented because I thought that dress would be nice.

Actually, crossing your legs isn't a celebrity thing. It's a normal person thing. im not sure about U.K, but in US, it's quite common and normal. And yes, I understand the royal ladies don't do it. I'm sure it'll change once she becomes Harry's fiancé and attend events in an official capacity. Until then, she's free to be a normal person. As for her jacket, it's a fashion thing. I think she looks fine. These are quite petty things to pick on, aren't they?

We were told to discuss her fashion in this thread and one thing you’ll learn from fashion threads at TRF is just far ranging opinions are. I find many comments ‘petty’ but I’m told that’s what fashion is all about.

For every person who thinks Meghan is a style icon, there will be people like myself who don’t like her style.

I hate the jacket draped no matter who wears it. It's dropping off your shoulders all the time

It's the Forehead hair 'curtains' I hate, and since she's fairly pretty i'm baffled by them..

:lol: To each their own. Meghan will keep on being herself, no matter how much her life changes. The fact that so many people are interested and making comments of all kinds is not only because Meghan is dating Prince Harry, but because of who she is as a person: savvy, attractive, kind, refreshing, down-to-earth, successful. And those qualities are likely a big part of why Harry has connected so deeply with Meghan.

It's an interesting comment on human nature seeing the variety of reactions: petty, pleasant, jealous, adoring, snide, enthusiastic, manipulative. For those who are self-observant and cognizant of their own humanity, maybe we learn something about ourselves in how we view the M&H relationship, or maybe we don't. ;)

Obviously, I responded about what Meghan is wearing because many people are interested and it's part of who she is and why Harry is attracted to her. It's fine to not personally like draping a jacket over your own shoulders and to say so. I wouldn't characterize anyone else doing so as 'silly.' Period.

Thanks jacqui. No need to quote my entire prior post. I see now that the dress is more reasonably priced, than most designer outfits. ? I love the color, but it's not a style of dress I'd wear. I'm more into the burgundy leather jacket. I can see Meghan and Harry dressed in biker jackets and riding a motorcycle together on a getaway vacation out of sight of prying eyes. :D

It's nice to see Meghan so happy and sitting next to one of her best friends (who reportedly introduced her to Prince Harry). I like the understated way Meghan was able to take part in the ceremony to show her support for Harry. The fact that he was in town ahead of schedule and surprised Meghan on the set of Suits, shows that they're spending quality time together privately while he's in town. And there's certainly no need for them to appease insatiable public fascination for their romance by appearing together at this event, which is not about their relationship. I hope they continue to make it clear to the public and the media that the personal aspects of their relationship belong to them, and they are not together in order to put on a display for public consumption.

Meghan's background, her television celebrity and her being an attractive and successful American living in Toronto who happens to have met and won the heart of the most high profile single royal prince in the world, are the things driving the manipulative, prurient, petty and exploitative fascination for their relationship. OTOH, I'm glad to see those who express genuine goodwill because they enjoy a great love story. :heart1:

Last edited:

In reality her style and taste is similar to what Kate wears but with a bit more edge to them at times. You can be sure if she marries Harry there will be a lot of talk about their clothing.

LaRae

I've seen Beatrice and Eugenie do this...I wish they would stop as well.

Perhaps 'princess' (or duchess) lessons will correct this pose.

LaRae

We were told to discuss her fashion in this thread and one thing you’ll learn from fashion threads at TRF is just far ranging opinions are. I find many comments ‘petty’ but I’m told that’s what fashion is all about.

For every person who thinks Meghan is a style icon, there will be people like myself who don’t like her style.

See this what what bother me. You complain about being able to voice your opinion, yet you have a problem with me voicing my opinion that's different than yours. No one said you can't voice your opinion, and it certainly wasn't in my post. I simply stated my opinion to that. No need to try to tell me what the TRF is about.

Last edited:
Let's try to avoid over-reacting to one-anothers' opinions as well as to what clothes Meghan wore the other day. Not only should we be respectful towards one another, but also towards the people we are discussing. It makes for a more constructive conversation. Thanks you.

Meghan looked so supportive of Harry and happy to be there even if they sat apart. I don't know them but I sense they are in this together. I like that he seems supportive of her career as well. If they both support, love and admire each other, keep the outside media outside they will be a formidable team.

If they are indeed engaged then I think they should announce sooner rather than later.

The British royals tend to have shorter engagements, so if Harry and Meghan are indeed engaged and plan to be married in July 2018 or later, they would not announce it until about 5-6 months before.

The British royals tend to have shorter engagements, so if Harry and Meghan are indeed engaged and plan to be married in July 2018 or later, they would not announce it until about 5-6 months before.

I'm still looking at Dec/Jan for an announcement. I will be surprised if it's before then. Just my feeling about it :)

LaRae

Assuming Harry wants Catherine at his wedding, I’m sure her due date will be taken into consideration.

I’m kinda on the fence, Harry leads with his heart and tends to fall quickly.

Probably will be an announcement sometime next year.

They look so happy and cute together. I'm hoping for an engagement announcement as soon as her filming commitments are done

They both look amazing!! so glad they are together today!! Good for them!

They look so happy and cute together. I'm hoping for an engagement announcement as soon as her filming commitments are done

Very relaxed and natural, no angst or irritation with pics being taken etc.

LaRae

Just a little bit in support of Rudolph's assessment of crossing legs, it brought back memories of my mother harping at me over and over again that a lady never crosses her legs but rather crosses her ankles while sitting.

Basically, I think that rule has gone out the window just as never going out in public without a hat and gloves on.

One thing very nice though when Meghan and Harry do announce their engagement and then marry, Meghan will get her very own fashion thread here and I can ignore it all I want. :D

I'm not a fan of the ripped/torn jeans look either. You can get the stonewashed type if you want them to look 'used'...don't have to tear holes in them for that!

I've liked almost everything I've seen her wear ..except that silver lame looking material she wore to some event before Harry and maybe a couple other things I've seen. Past that I like her look.

LaRae

For her first PUBLIC appearance with the Prince she chooses to wear ripped jeans ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not looking at her clothes....their smiles are amazing! so happy Harry has someone to share this even with!!

For her first PUBLIC appearance with the Prince she chooses to wear ripped jeans ?

Not a fan of her style or fashion. It’s all too celebrity for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom