The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1821  
Old 10-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Thank you!

I have a question-Queen Rania and Mette-Marit have active instagram accounts and Princess Madeleine has Facebook.

Why did Meghan have to shut down her Instagram essentially? Why is social media seen as taboo for the BRF? I think it would be great if Meghan and Harry had active social media accounts once they were to marry.
Not all, Prince Andrew has a twitter account.

Clarence House and Kensington palace both have social media accounts. So far the royals have allowed their offices and pr teams to run the social media though. It seems the way things are simply done. But we have seen things like Harry and his mic drop for the invictus games, they do venture out.

Honestly I don't think, as long as they have some control over what they do with it, that anyone would have an issue if Harry and Meghan had social media when they married. BRF is just a little slower on the times.
__________________

  #1822  
Old 10-06-2017, 05:08 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 35
He retired to Mexico a few years ago but apparently he still sees Meghan in Toronto. It is said on one of those visits he met Harry.
__________________

  #1823  
Old 10-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
5/6 months is not a long time to plan a wedding. Especially one of that scale. Even with help. She'd likely start attending engagements with Harry then. Five to six months is actually not a lot of time. It goes by quickly. And she doesn't have plenty of time between Suits wrapping up and New Years. There is one month in between. Holiday season is busy for everyone.
For a British Royal wedding, 4-6 months is a fairly standard time frame between engagement announcement and wedding. Somewhere in one of these threads was a list of everyone's timeframes.
  #1824  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
For a British Royal wedding, 4-6 months is a fairly standard time frame between engagement announcement and wedding. Somewhere in one of these threads was a list of everyone's timeframes.
None of them are from a different country with a different citizenship. She'd have to announce right away and then there were already people going into why June wouldn't work. July is starting to run into Balmoral time.

Btw, it's not like I'm saying they'd need additional 6 months or years to drag on, in just saying a matter of few months.
  #1825  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,793
I think it's worth remembering that like all other couples, they would get engaged first and then start thinking about the wedding.

An engagement announcement is unlikely to happen with a clear, set-in-stone time-frame for the wedding - they will only have a vague idea themselves of when the wedding could be.

But I do agree, the situation is slightly different for Meghan since she does not live in Britain. Even if she and Harry have already agreed to get married or they feel it is likely to be on the cards for them to do so, I can't help but think that she will relocate to the UK first (or at least start spending more and more time here) and after a few more months if and when they are ready, then we will see an announcement.

I'm know this will not be helpful to those who wish for a quicker engagement - I'm sorry!
__________________
JACK
  #1826  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Peru
Posts: 399
There are about 8 months between Suits wrapping up and the Queen leaving for Balmoral (end of July), assuming that Harry and Meghan want to be married (and start a family) it is not a rush at all to get married before August and I still haven't read a convincing argument for postponing until October or so. Evenmore, the wedding preparations can start before the official announcements. Normal people have to plan a wedding next to their day jobs, Harry and Meghan will have staff to do the actual organizing, they only need to do most of the thinking (and trying on the dress a few times, well Meghan would); which probably ends up taking the same amount of time given that theirs is larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think it's worth remembering that like all other couples, they would get engaged first and then start thinking about the wedding.

An engagement announcement is unlikely to happen with a clear, set-in-stone time-frame for the wedding - they will only have a vague idea themselves of when the wedding could be.

But I do agree, the situation is slightly different for Meghan since she does not live in Britain. Even if she and Harry have already agreed to get married or they feel it is likely to be on the cards for them to do so, I can't help but think that she will relocate to the UK first (or at least start spending more and more time here) and after a few more months if and when they are ready, then we will see an announcement.

I'm know this will not be helpful to those who wish for a quicker engagement - I'm sorry!
Just want to highlight that there is a difference between actual engagement and announcement. They might not have a fixed date or period when they get engaged but I expect they will have that by the time they announce their engagement.

In previous posts I already explained why I consider moving before an engagement an unlikely option (because what would she be moving for if it is not for a future marriage, hence, engagement should have been taking place before). Time will tell.
  #1827  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
In previous posts I already explained why I consider moving before an engagement an unlikely option (because what would she be moving for if it is not for a future marriage, hence, engagement should have been taking place before). Time will tell.
Like I've said before, they would have an understand about where this relationship is going. But actually be already engaged? I don't know about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
There are about 8 months between Suits wrapping up and the Queen leaving for Balmoral (end of July), assuming that Harry and Meghan want to be married (and start a family) it is not a rush at all to get married before August and I still haven't read a convincing argument for postponing until October or so. Evenmore, the wedding preparations can start before the official announcements. Normal people have to plan a wedding next to their day jobs, Harry and Meghan will have staff to do the actual organizing, they only need to do most of the thinking (and trying on the dress a few times, well Meghan would); which probably ends up taking the same amount of time given that theirs is larger.
Again, you can't really count December as there are a lot other things going on that she wouldn't just be in London. Then there are paperwork that needs to be taken care of that wouldn't be necessary for other royal brides. I'd expect that her citizenship issue would be mostly taken care of by the time an engagement is announced. She'll probably have princess lessons on top of that. June already has events, and it's likely they wouldn't be able to devote as much manpower to planning everything to do with a royal wedding if people are already planning other events. There is also certain expectation that the fiancee of Prince Harry, who is also a full time working royal, to be British prior to marriage. It's been a long time since the Brits have had a foreign royal bride. It'll take some getting used to.
  #1828  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Like I've said before, they would have an understand about where this relationship is going. But actually be already engaged? I don't know about that.
I think they could already be engaged and already planning what needs to be done and getting things working. There is no set rule that they have to tell the public they're engaged to be married the minute its a fact. The public probably will not be notified until everything is pretty much planned out and ready to go.

As far as "princess" lessons, I really expect Harry and Meghan to be given the same consideration that Will and Kate were when they were first married. Just part time engagements and have time just for themselves to adjust to marriage and start a family. We're not going to be seeing Meghan jumping into full scale working duties the minute she removes her bridal veil. Remember after Will and Kate's wedding, they were able to live in Wales with Wills in the RAF for two years after the wedding. The "princess" lessons will be an ongoing thing after she's married with a bit of hands on experience here and there.

It just makes sense to me that the first priority this couple is going to have is to start their own family.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1829  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they could already be engaged and already planning what needs to be done and getting things working. There is no set rule that they have to tell the public they're engaged to be married the minute its a fact. The public probably will not be notified until everything is pretty much planned out and ready to go.

As far as "princess" lessons, I really expect Harry and Meghan to be given the same consideration that Will and Kate were when they were first married. Just part time engagements and have time just for themselves to adjust to marriage and start a family. We're not going to be seeing Meghan jumping into full scale working duties the minute she removes her bridal veil. Remember after Will and Kate's wedding, they were able to live in Wales with Wills in the RAF for two years after the wedding. The "princess" lessons will be an ongoing thing after she's married with a bit of hands on experience here and there.

It just makes sense to me that the first priority this couple is going to have is to start their own family.
There has not been any reliable reporting about an actual engagement. Purely speculation from the reporters, and quite frankly a bit biased since most of them just want a new royal wedding to cover.

I agree that they will be given some consideration at first, but even Kate got princess lessons prior to being married even though she didn't undertake full time workload right after the wedding. It's debatable if Meghan would be given the as much leeway though as the Queen and Prince Phillip ages. We already saw the younger royals taking over more. Of course having children would be the top priority, but I just don't know if they'll have as much time to hide away at their country home since Harry is not working part time otherwise, and is a full time royal at this point. Pregnancies are a good reason to take a slower pace, but I highly doubt Meghan will spend the next seven years having babies. Age is an issue here.
  #1830  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
There has not been any reliable reporting about an actual engagement. Purely speculation from the reporters, and quite frankly a bit biased since most of them just want a new royal wedding to cover.
I'm not basing my thoughts on Harry and Meghan being already engaged from any sort of media speculation but rather from knowing how it was with Will and Kate. They were actually engaged and family and friends knew about it for a while before the actual public announcement. Its very possible that this is exactly what Meghan meant by "this is our time".

The public *and* the media will be informed at the same time with an official announcement probably made at Kensington Palace. It is then that we'll probably have quite a few more details. Like Meghan's mom being at the Invictus Games, I wouldn't be surprised if we're thrown for a loop with stuff we didn't expect at all.

Its fun to sit and wait and wait and wait and think and think some more as we wait and wait and wait. Makes life interesting I think.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1831  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

As far as "princess" lessons, I really expect Harry and Meghan to be given the same consideration that Will and Kate were when they were first married. Just part time engagements and have time just for themselves to adjust to marriage and start a family. We're not going to be seeing Meghan jumping into full scale working duties the minute she removes her bridal veil. Remember after Will and Kate's wedding, they were able to live in Wales with Wills in the RAF for two years after the wedding. The "princess" lessons will be an ongoing thing after she's married with a bit of hands on experience here and there.

It just makes sense to me that the first priority this couple is going to have is to start their own family.
Especially taking into consideration Meghan's age: she is 36 and two months old now, her biological clock is already ticking in an accelerated pace; Kate was 29 and three months old when she married William, so she had time to learn princess' things and simultaneously adjusting the life of two.
  #1832  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm not basing my thoughts on Harry and Meghan being already engaged from any sort of media speculation but rather from knowing how it was with Will and Kate. They were actually engaged and family and friends knew about it for a while before the actual public announcement. Its very possible that this is exactly what Meghan meant by "this is our time".

The public *and* the media will be informed at the same time with an official announcement probably made at Kensington Palace. It is then that we'll probably have quite a few more details. Like Meghan's mom being at the Invictus Games, I wouldn't be surprised if we're thrown for a loop with stuff we didn't expect at all.

Its fun to sit and wait and wait and wait and think and think some more as we wait and wait and wait. Makes life interesting I think.
Kate and William got engaged in October, and it was announced in November. Hardly a long time. It's hard to keep secrets for long once you've already informed close family and friends. Sometimes things slip accidentally. Word will get out. Meghan said this is their time as in private time, and one day they might have to come forward and share their story. Hardly insinuating engagement right now. If anything, I took it to be that she understood they'll have to come forward and be more in front of cameras once they are engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Especially taking into consideration Meghan's age: she is 36 and two months old now, her biological clock is already ticking in an accelerated pace; Kate was 29 and three months old when she married William, so she had time to learn princess' things and simultaneously adjusting the life of two.
Which is exactly why they are already on an accelerated pace. However, like you said, they wouldn't have as much time to adjust to life for two and simultaneously learn princess things once they are married. Some things need to be worked out before they just take the plunge.
  #1833  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think it's worth remembering that like all other couples, they would get engaged first and then start thinking about the wedding.

An engagement announcement is unlikely to happen with a clear, set-in-stone time-frame for the wedding - they will only have a vague idea themselves of when the wedding could be.

But I do agree, the situation is slightly different for Meghan since she does not live in Britain. Even if she and Harry have already agreed to get married or they feel it is likely to be on the cards for them to do so, I can't help but think that she will relocate to the UK first (or at least start spending more and more time here) and after a few more months if and when they are ready, then we will see an announcement.

I'm know this will not be helpful to those who wish for a quicker engagement - I'm sorry!


They aren't like other couples though in some ways....if they already have an understanding ...most likely some of the wedding details are already being worked out/planned. So when the announcement comes they can slide right into things without all the dithering about on the basics.


LaRae
  #1834  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:52 AM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 389
There's only so much pre-planning you can do before an announcement, really. It might be possible for Harry's private secretary to start a list of ideas, and plans to plan, but the moment you involve other people (picking up the phone to inquire about church availability, for example, or engaging the caterers at either WC or BP) those become potential points of leakage.

So I think that very little of the actual planning will occur until the announcement.
  #1835  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
Ya'll have never been around ladies who have been planning their weddings since they were 6 lol They have a whole book of ideas of how they want to see it done.

You can do a lot of planning without calling anyone. Lots of decisions can be made ahead of time if a person wants to do that.


LaRae
  #1836  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post


I don't think that Meghan's parents would be treated any less than the Middletons have been. For all we know, Meghan's mom may have already met the Queen, Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges. The days of a royal bride expected to give up her family on special occasions have long passed.

We'll just have to watch and see what happens.
Not less. But you seem to be theorizing that the Markles are being treated better than the Middletons. Catherine's parents didn't meet The Queen until a few weeks before the royal wedding. The idea that Meghan's mom has already met The Queen is a bit much, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post


Kate seems most likely due mid March to early April (making her 2-2 1/2 months when they announced).
I don't see that as most likely. In 2014, she announced a pregnancy is early September (like this pregnancy), and didn't have the baby until May 2nd. Also with her previous pregnancies, KP has announced her due month after her 12 week scan. We have yet to get an announcement this pregnancy, so it seems the 12 week scan hasn't happened yet. I'm not seeing a March birth in the cards, even early April is starting to look unlikely.
  #1837  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Kate and William got engaged in October, and it was announced in November. Hardly a long time. It's hard to keep secrets for long once you've already informed close family and friends. Sometimes things slip accidentally. Word will get out. Meghan said this is their time as in private time, and one day they might have to come forward and share their story. Hardly insinuating engagement right now. If anything, I took it to be that she understood they'll have to come forward and be more in front of cameras once they are engaged.
Also, the reason for the delay in Kate and Willam's engagement announcement was because Kate's grandfather had passed away.

I'm in agreement about there being no engagement yet. I think they've talked about it, but I don't believe there will be a proposal until after Meghan wraps her show and she's moved to London and settled in. I can see a January engagement with a June wedding. I just realized Trooping is in June, so maybe a July wedding.
  #1838  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm in agreement about there being no engagement yet. I think they've talked about it, but I don't believe there will be a proposal until after Meghan wraps her show and she's moved to London and settled in. I can see a January engagement with a June wedding. I just realized Trooping is in June, so maybe a July wedding.
Garter ceremony is also in June, so I definitely think June is out for an additional major event.
  #1839  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Garter ceremony is also in June, so I definitely think June is out for an additional major event.
June 30th is a Saturday, so June isn't totally ruled out. But yeah, I think it would have to be late June because of all the events in the earlier part of the month.
  #1840  
Old 10-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
There are about 8 months between Suits wrapping up and the Queen leaving for Balmoral (end of July), assuming that Harry and Meghan want to be married (and start a family) it is not a rush at all to get married before August and I still haven't read a convincing argument for postponing until October or so.Evenmore, the wedding preparations can start before the official announcements. Normal people have to plan a wedding next to their day jobs, Harry and Meghan will have staff to do the actual organizing, they only need to do most of the thinking (and trying on the dress a few times, well Meghan would); which probably ends up taking the same amount of time given that theirs is larger.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing it.

Lets say Meghan moves to London in December or even January. That leaves 8/9 months where she is restricted in where she can go, what she can do, all while Harry will be out and about doing engagements and such. That'll likely result in a lot of awkwardness and loneliness for a woman who will have given up everything to move to another country. At least if they are engaged at the start, she will be able to play a more active role, instead waiting around until the engagement is announced and then eventually the wedding. As far as I can see, there is very little incentive for her to uproot her life without an official engagement.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 20 (2 members and 18 guests)
TeeTee20, two*firecrackers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark earl of snowdon fascism fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news nobel 2017 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queenmother queen rania queen rania in australia queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises