The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Daily Beast has his say on the differences between the two Royal brothers.

Why The Public Loves Prince Harry, Not William - The Daily Beast
Remember when Andrew was far more popular than Charles?

Hard to believe now.
These things run in cycles, imo.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

William not being popular with the press is one thing. The press don't like him because he doesn't play the 'game'

As far the public goes, that's another story. William is very well liked, He's one of the most popular royals, has been his entire life,

Reporters live inside a hypersensitive media bubble and are as about as disconnected from real life as is possible.

Ask the average person on the street what they think about William and their answer will be different from a press reporter,

Old 03-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Back to Harry-

Harry is a little more open and comfortable with the people. He acts like he's a dad or big brother to the kids he interact with. He's still himself, but he's just a little more careful than before. I think he want people to take him and his work serious.

I also think he's thinking about becoming a family man. He's a grown up now.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Well, to be honest I think that Harry has always been like this. He is just more mature now and acts accordingly. But it is his nature to be open, caring and good at interacting with children.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Well, to be honest I think that Harry has always been like this. He is just more mature now and acts accordingly. But it is his nature to be open, caring and good at interacting with children.
Its like you want to be his friend and he talks to you like you're friends. It's a funny thing. My mother is more drawn to Harry too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Its like you want to be his friend and he talks to you like you're friends. It's a funny thing. My mother is more drawn to Harry too.

Yes, I agree. I will probably be laughed at for saying this, but I see Diana when he talks to people. I don't know why: the gestures, the facial expressions. I just see Diana.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

I would definitely agree as I also see a lot of Diana's mannerisms in Harry. So many pictures and video of Harry at events holding babies or interacting with people, especially children reminds me of Diana.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Prince William is very responsible because he has children and a wife. He will be Prince of Wales. He will be King. He was born to be King.

Prince Harry, on the other hand, is the spare. He will probably be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York or Duke of Sussex, and he will not have to be a "responsible royal".
Old 03-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Yes, I agree. I will probably be laughed at for saying this, but I see Diana when he talks to people. I don't know why: the gestures, the facial expressions. I just see Diana.
I see her in both of them. Of course we would, but in a weird way, she comes out in them every now and then. I'm sure their families see it too. She's gone, but in a way she's not.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Prince William is very responsible because he has children and a wife. He will be Prince of Wales. He will be King. He was born to be King.

Prince Harry, on the other hand, is the spare. He will probably be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York or Duke of Sussex, and he will not have to be a "responsible royal".

He won't be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York, as his brother (should) hold that title and his uncle holds the other.
Despite being the spare Henry has to be a responsible Royal, particularly until George becomes of age because Henry will still be in the public eye. To be anything but responsible is bad for PR.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry gets a bit of a free pass from some people as he is single. He isn't married or has kids. He is a bachelor. So him going off for a wedding in Jamaica, or hunting or such is not unusual to people. William on the other hand is both. And we have been told they live in the country and do limited work as they want to focus on the family. So people expect him to be home with his wife and kids. Seeing him partying and flirting seemingly with other women, is considered extremely inappropriate by many. The behaviour of a bachelor is expected to be different then a family man.

There is also difference of roles. William is the future king. Yes Harry will obviously always have duties, but his place is different. He is along the lines of Edward and Andrew in regards to Charles. No one expects Andrew or Edward to carry out as much as Charles. Same goes for Harry.

Harry does get some unfair pr. They all do. Harry and the yorks are constantly portrayed as party glers and heavy drinkers. All three certainly have active social lives, but little different then any single person their age does. Harry gets it easier as they do at least focus on his patronages. Eugenie and Bea get almost no attention on their charity work. Even charity trips get a party spin (trip for UN award she was giving in New York, was reduced to Bea going out for dinner with a fashion designer). Most if the news if the work they do we get from social media and non main stream news sources.

When Harry marries, he will face the same scrutiny about his social life. He too will be expected to be a family man. But comparing the bachelor younger son, to the married future king father of two, makes little sense.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Nobility

The press chiefly just try to think of stuff to talk about and stir up. Those who've followed the Royals over the years already can glean some of the differences in PW and PH personalities. The most important positives are the love both their parents gave them, particularly their mother, and the fact of how close they are as brothers.

We don't have any way to truly know in detail how their mother's death personally affected them, but it surely impacted them both during their adolescence and has in part shaped the men they have become. We can see some evidence in videos and interviews of them together and individually the continuing influence their mother's love and her early death has had on the shaping of their characters, and especially on their attitudes toward the media.

Most of all, I think William and Harry are both goodhearted young men who want to enjoy their private lives away from the public glare as much as possible. And they also clearly want to fulfill their royal duties in a way that respects their grandmother (HRM) and royal traditions, and above all in a way that honors their mother's memory.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The behaviour of a bachelor is expected to be different then a family man.

As Osipi said in another thread, William is married, not buried. I think most people would say going out with friends for a night or weekend is a healthy thing

I certainly hope the definition of a family man doesn't mean spending 24/7 with your wife and children.

No harm letting your hair down once an awhile.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Harry pays the price for Will's dad dance as cancelling a trip he was planning to the lively Swiss resort

Harry pays for William's dance as HIS ski trip is axed ** | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-26-2017, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Harry pays the price for Will's dad dance as cancelling a trip he was planning to the lively Swiss resort

Seems more probable, as the article suggests, that it's a reaction to William's privacy being invaded:
"William is said to be incandescent after the pictures of him partying went public and has vowed never to go dancing in Verbier again. The friend added: 'The mood in Verbier is very pro-William. No one here thinks he did anything wrong. The worry is that the whole incident will affect Verbier's reputation as a haven for royals and high society.' "

Absolutely. I agree. Of course William did nothing 'wrong.' Those videos were not okay.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William was out in public. He had no reasonable grounds to demand privacy. The reality is you live in modern times, anyone with a brain knows every second person will have a smart phone to video tape. Now if he was at a private resort and paps were snapping photos that is another matter.

Harry's ski trip was unsubstantiated rumors anyways. And I highly doubt his brother being photographed would stop him. No matter where they go, it happens.

If he isn't going it is because he doesn't want to. He just got back from Jamaica and went to Norway.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I see her in both of them. Of course we would, but in a weird way, she comes out in them every now and then. I'm sure their families see it too. She's gone, but in a way she's not.
Agreed. Her impact upon their lives is going to be mirrored in their body language and expressions.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I've singled out Harry as this is a thread about him. But in a way I see Lady D also in William, but mostly on his looks.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Sometimes Harry moves in a way that reminds me of his mom ..and his dad. Same with William but William (reminding us of his mom) seems to be more noticable to me because he favors her ...although as William has gotten older I see Charles more in how he moves/stands at times.

The other day I saw a pic of Harry casually walking and it was much like Diana.

Funny how that all works!

LaRae
Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

This party was to promote Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe's record label. The probability that Harry ever intended to attend a promotional party hosted by crazy for publicity Jacobi is nil, IMO. In fact I'd guess Harry hasn't interacted much w/ Jacobi, if at all, since he broke up w/ Jacobi's half sister