The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 06-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I agree he shouldn't be talking about something that will never happen for him. Harry isn't going to be king.

What's happening now is some papers like the DM are taking a pop at the entire royal family (not the Queen)

It wasn't a good thing for Harry to say and I agree with Cepe, it's a PR disaster.

Max Hastings: Prince Harry should stop whinging | Daily Mail Online
What I want to know what's so wrong in Harry saying that he and the family don't for for positions, but are dedicated to service and duty? It's the media that got it wrong, not him.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 06-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What I want to know what's so wrong in Harry saying that he and the family don't for for positions, but are dedicated to service and duty? It's the media that got it wrong, not him.
He is speaking for others rather than just himself may be the issue. Plus everyone will naturally flash on Diana's statements in the Panorama interview where she made a similar mention regarding Charles not wanting the 'top job'. Very eerie similarity.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
He is speaking for others rather than just himself may be the issue. Plus everyone will naturally flash on Diana's statements in the Panorama interview where she made a similar mention regarding Charles not wanting the 'top job'. Very eerie similarity.
Harry is right though. No one in the family is ambitious for the top jobs. They are dedicated to service and duty, not position. It's the media that took it the wrong. Harry didn't make an error. The media did and some folks online.

People flew off the handle without understanding what Harry was saying. The media headline is what caused the noise.

Now, Harry could've worded his statement differently, but he said nothing wrong. The anger should directed at the media on getting his words wrong. Not Prince Harry.

Diana was speaking on the terms of her broken marriage. Not that Charles wasn't capable of being king, btw.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 06-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What I want to know what's so wrong in Harry saying that he and the family don't for for positions, but are dedicated to service and duty? It's the media that got it wrong, not him.
Exactly. IMO, if PH had given the interview directly to the DailyFail, they would've written a different headline like 'PH Duty & Service First' The Fail didn't get the scoop so they ran with one misinterpreted phrase from a very long interview.

In previous times, third party 'insiders' have made assumptions about what they think PH and other members of the RF feel. PH gives his opinion and now there are complaints that he gets to live in a palace so stick with the script, as the anonymous 'insider' stories sound more palatable.

I saw 'journalist/royal biographer' Penny Junor on tv last night saying PH didn't have to walk behind his mother's coffin, he was given a choice. Was she present when the discussions took place? Did someone who knows someone, who knows someone else give her that info? Did she just guess? Finally PH gets to give his feelings about what took place and because it doesn't jive with what others have said or because it was 20 years ago, there's all this unnecessary whining. Like I said earlier, I'm looking forward to William and Harry's upcoming interviews about their mother. It may not fit the script or history as some feel, however it is their story to tell.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Folks will have to get used to the young royals talking on a personal level. Harry and William are commemorating the 20th anniversary of their mother's passing. More touching and personal interviews are due to come. Especially with the Heads Together campaign.

Everyone should stick to the truth of what's being said. Not taking a quote and spinning it to make some dramatic headline that's not true the facts.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I saw 'journalist/royal biographer' Penny Junor on tv last night saying PH didn't have to walk behind his mother's coffin, he was given a choice. Was she present when the discussions took place? Did someone who knows someone, who knows someone else give her that info? Did she just guess? Finally PH gets to give his feelings about what took place and because it doesn't jive with what others have said or because it was 20 years ago, there's all this unnecessary whining. Like I said earlier, I'm looking forward to William and Harry's upcoming interviews about their mother. It may not fit the script or history as some feel, however it is their story to tell.
I understand that William had a choice, didn't want to walk behind the coffin but in the end he did. Why would Harry have been handled differently? I am sure he could have stood with other family members if he absolutely wanted to.

I wasn't horrified at all back then, I thought the men walking behind the coffin was very dignified. Of course it must have been the hardest thing they ever did; but then millions of young children will have done the same thing before them, albeit without the public watching, but then, William and Harry have been public figures since their birth, with the public watching at all times, good and bad.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:33 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Many non UK posters on here only have limited access to the entire range of UK media.

I read nearly all (don't do Daily Mail) and this interview has not helped Harry or the BRF with journos or the public. The vast majority think that he has a life of privilege and it comes at a cost. If he doesn't want to pay it, then leave.

This is the "man in the street" response. Not royal followers or Harry fans which are found on sites like this.

So in the UK this is a PR disaster.
I live in Norway now but I have subscriptions on most UK newspapers/websites and have access to UK TV channels through the tvpc link and I talk to my mother, stepfather, half brothers and friends who live in the UK often, and as you wrote: The vast majority think that he has a life of privilege and it comes at a cost. If he doesn't want to pay it, then leave.

This is as you also wrote the response from ordinary people (including friends of mine.)

So in the UK this is actually not just a PR disaster, it's a huge PR disaster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The thing is Harry didn't go too far. His words were misinterpreted, but everyone already knows that the family don't have any ambition to get the Top Job. It's pure duty and service that the royal family work under. No member of the family really publicly talks about the possibility of becoming monarch. Not even Charles talks about it. If so, he's uncomfortable talking about it.

What really gets me is that many of these veteran royal reporters and correspondents know what Harry is talking about. They wanted a little excitement in their royal reporting and twisted Harry's words into the idea of he's saying that no one wants the future role of monarch. They made it seem like he's whining about his position. He knows it's a unique privilege and he's and other members of the family use it to do some good for others and the kingdom.
1. He doesn't think before he speaks and that have to change quickly.

2. When Harry says: ''Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time'', then the manipulating British press will of course write that Harry says no-one in the royal family wants to be King/Queen. And I have to say that it surprises me that he did not see it coming. Is he really that naive?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I agree he shouldn't be talking about something that will never happen for him. Harry isn't going to be king.

What's happening now is some papers like the DM are taking a pop at the entire royal family (not the Queen)

It wasn't a good thing for Harry to say and I agree with Cepe, it's a PR disaster.

Max Hastings: Prince Harry should stop whinging | Daily Mail Online
I don't take Max Hastings seriously, but more serious people like Dickie Arbiter who have always praised Harry for what he does, is now saying ''that he has done much for mental health and has been good at talking about his own feelings, but that we now have reached a point where enough is enough.''

I have pro royal friends at my age (25-30) who now accuses him, William and Charles for being spoiled lazy idiots who are damagaging the monarchy, and who now says they want the UK to become a republic when the Queen dies. (And how people can call Charles lazy is without my comprehension)

I have an angry mother and grandparents who accuses Harry of being disrespecting to the Queen.

Several commentators and ordinary people have also come to the conclusion that Harry blames HM because he had to go behind his mother's coffin.

That's not what we call good PR, and what's even worse is that this has hurt the monarchy.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Folks will have to get used to the young royals talking on a personal level. Harry and William are commemorating the 20th anniversary of their mother's passing. More touching and personal interviews are due to come. Especially with the Heads Together campaign.

Everyone should stick to the truth of what's being said. Not taking a quote and spinning it to make some dramatic headline that's not true the facts.
Dman, I can always count on you to see the more positive side of things. Frankly these two can do no wrong in your eyes which sometimes is frankly hilarious.

Like I said in my post I took sometime before I responded so that I could get the full picture on this. I know full well that frequently the UK pick and choose what we should see.

The quote is this;

Quote:
“We are involved in modernising the British monarchy. We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people…. Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.”
(I've re-spelt modernising because the american spelling is wrong).

I have absolutely no issue with William and Henry speaking about their mental health issues surrounding their mothers death. I love the fact that they are more open with their emotions, and their connections they want to make with the public. I want them to be more accessible to their people, I'm with you on the things like more photoshoots, more outings, more "they're here".

What I don't like is Henry making such a sweeping statement that will obviously reflect badly on the family no matter which way you look at it. Whether you're a Daily Fail reader or a loyal admirer. In that sentence he sounds like a spoilt brat who is not grateful for what he's got. He simply shouldn't have said it at all. He knows who's going to read this article, who's going to see it. It's so unfortunate.

We all know that nobody wants to be King or Queen, but a member of the RF who isn't going to be King or Queen saying it aloud isn't right. It just diminishes the work his grandmother and his father have done especially, and the work William will need to do. I'm so upset.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Dman, I can always count on you to see the more positive side of things. Frankly these two can do no wrong in your eyes which sometimes is frankly hilarious.

Like I said in my post I took sometime before I responded so that I could get the full picture on this. I know full well that frequently the UK pick and choose what we should see.

The quote is this;



(I've re-spelt modernising because the american spelling is wrong).

I have absolutely no issue with William and Henry speaking about their mental health issues surrounding their mothers death. I love the fact that they are more open with their emotions, and their connections they want to make with the public. I want them to be more accessible to their people, I'm with you on the things like more photoshoots, more outings, more "they're here".

What I don't like is Henry making such a sweeping statement that will obviously reflect badly on the family no matter which way you look at it. Whether you're a Daily Fail reader or a loyal admirer. In that sentence he sounds like a spoilt brat who is not grateful for what he's got. He simply shouldn't have said it at all. He knows who's going to read this article, who's going to see it. It's so unfortunate.

We all know that nobody wants to be King or Queen, but a member of the RF who isn't going to be King or Queen saying it aloud isn't right. It just diminishes the work his grandmother and his father have done especially, and the work William will need to do. I'm so upset.
Lumutqueen, I do think William and Harry get it wrong sometimes and I also don't have a problem pointing out their mistakes.

I think the big problem is that some members of the media and people online took his words the wrong way. Some of them don't want to say that they misunderstood him. Harry just mentioned that the job of King and Queen isn't seeked, but it's a duty and dedication that's done when the job comes to you. Obviously, Harry will never be king, but he knows his family isn't trying to climb to the position. That's all he's pointing out. I remember reading the headline and I knew that couldn't have been what he said. He wouldn't say that his father and brother don't care for the job, because that wouldn't be true. He stuck to his truth. Everyone else twisted his words out of proportion.

Harry didn't say anything to diminish the 60+ years of his grandmother's service and his father long and successful apprenticeship.

Harry has made his share of mistakes, but this interview isn't one of them. People have to stop yearning for drama and controversy. Harry's words was far from that.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,996
Might this be an example of the old political truism that in politics the truth doesn't matter, it's how things appear? I can't find the quote.

Thing is, it has always been about what things seem. The Diana phenomenon was (and is) all about that, about what is 'seeming' to be true.

I did come across this great quote by Mark Twain: "It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense." He could have easily been referencing public opinion.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Lumutqueen, I do think William and Harry get it wrong sometimes and I also don't have a problem pointing out their mistakes.

I think the big problem is that some members of the media and people online took his words the wrong way. Some of them don't want to say that they misunderstood him. Harry just mentioned that the job of King and Queen isn't seeked, but it's a duty and dedication that's done when the job comes to you. Obviously, Harry will never be king, but he knows his family isn't trying to climb to the position. That's all he's pointing out. I remember reading the headline and I knew that couldn't have been what he said. He wouldn't say that his father and brother don't care for the job, because that wouldn't be true. He stuck to his truth. Everyone else twisted his words out of proportion.

Harry didn't say anything to diminish the 60+ years of his grandmother's service and his father long and successful apprenticeship.

Harry has made his share of mistakes, but this interview isn't one of them. People have to stop yearning for drama and controversy. Harry's words was far from that.

With all due respect, Harry didn't say that the position of King or Queen was not sought by any royal out of ambition, as your benign interpretation suggests. He said literally, in his own actual words, that no royal wants to be King or Queen, and that they do it only because it is their obligation or duty.

The only possible conclusion the "common man" can arrive at after hearing those words is that they do it against their will, because they have to do it out of duty, and, if they could, they would rather be doing something else, which begs the question: why does the Nation keep supporting their life of extreme (unearned) wealth and privilege if they are so miserable about it ? Thankfully, Charles doesn't think like that and William, who may have felt that way too when he was younger, seems to have changed his mind / attitude.

Harry may have had a rough childhood, but he has lots of personal issues (which are seen in his drinking, his relationships, etc.) and really needs to seek professional help .
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Might this be an example of the old political truism that in politics the truth doesn't matter, it's how things appear? I can't find the quote.

Thing is, it has always been about what things seem. The Diana phenomenon was (and is) all about that, about what is 'seeming' to be true.

I did come across this great quote by Mark Twain: "It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense." He could have easily been referencing public opinion.
Harry's words wasn't alternative facts or truth. That's something that DJT is doing. Which is driving everyone crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
With all due respect, Harry didn't say that the position of King or Queen was not sought by any royal out of ambition, as your benign interpretation suggests. He said literally, in his own actual words, that no royal wants to be King or Queen, and that they do it only because it is their obligation or duty.

The only possible conclusion the "common man" can arrive at after hearing those words is that they do it against their will, because they have to do it out of duty, and, if they could, they would rather be doing something else, which begs the question: why does the Nation keep supporting their life of extreme (unearned) wealth and privilege if they are so miserable about it ? Thankfully, Charles doesn't think like that and William, who may have felt that way too when he was younger, seems to have changed his mind / attitude.

Harry may have had a rough childhood, but he has lots of personal issues (which are seen in his drinking, his relationships, etc.) and really needs to seek professional help .
How many time we have heard that the role of monarch isn't what The Queen dreamt of. She wanted to be a countrywoman; with horses and dogs and living a private life. The Queen stepped up to the job, because her father became ill and died. She has served honorably. That's what Harry is saying. No one in the the family want to be king and Queen, but respect and serve the job that's put on them in the right time.

The headline is what threw people off. It was a simple misunderstanding and now some members of the media don't want to admit to it. Harry should've worded it differently, but he didn't mean the job of being royal and the Top Job isn't cared for. Even William has said that he don't sit around thinking about becoming King. It's just a job that lands on their doorstep and served with dedication.

Harry also complimented the need and "magic" of the monarchy, but it seems no one is paying any attention to that.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Harry has made his share of mistakes, but this interview isn't one of them. People have to stop yearning for drama and controversy. Harry's words was far from that.
Please don't speak for other people. If you don't think Harry has said anything wrong then say that. For other people what he has said is undermining, demeaning and very stupid.

Nobody is yearning for drama or controversy, we are writing about what we read and how we interpret it.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:46 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Please don't speak for other people. If you don't think Harry has said anything wrong then say that. For other people what he has said is undermining, demeaning and very stupid.

Nobody is yearning for drama or controversy, we are writing about what we read and how we interpret it.
From what I'm seeing, this was a major misunderstanding by the media and some people online. If Harry said that he don't care for being royal or that members of the royal family wish the job of monarch didn't exist..I would say Harry stepped in the puddle of poop.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 06-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,388
Its occurred to me that in regards to Heads Together and mental health issues, this may also turn out to be a prime example of pitfalls.

Harry, himself, recently became open enough to talk about repressing things and finally having a breakthrough in order to deal with them. With breakthroughs come a rush of emotion that needs to be dealt with. The work doesn't stop with a breakthrough and *voila* problem solved, but the challenge continues on learning to mature emotionally and learn to harness them. It can take a lifetime even.

Just another thought on the matter. Perhaps from out in left field in a galaxy far, far away but a thought nevertheless.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:18 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
From what I'm seeing, this was a major misunderstanding by the media and some people online. If Harry said that he don't care for being royal or that members of the royal family wish the job of monarch didn't exist..I would say Harry stepped in the puddle of poop.
1. The problem when it comes to the King/Queen thing isn't about what Harry said - its about what the media made it in to, and he (Harry) is responsible for that.

Why? Because he said it in a way that made the media go crazy about it.

2. Ordinary people are now accusing William, but also Charles (who work more than all of them along with Anne) for being spoiled and lazy.

How can people do that? Because they didn't even read what Harry really said.

Why is this damaging to the monarchy? Because people are now walking around and thinks that neither Charles or William wants to be monarchs.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
1. The problem when it comes to the King/Queen thing isn't about what Harry said - its about what the media made it in to, and he (Harry) is responsible for that.

Why? Because he said it in a way that made the media go crazy about it.

2. Ordinary people are now accusing William, but also Charles (who work more than all of them along with Anne) for being spoiled and lazy.

How can people do that? Because they didn't even read what Harry really said.

Why is this damaging to the monarchy? Because people are now walking around and thinks that neither Charles or William wants to be monarchs.
Yes, I admit that Harry could've worded things better and that was his mistake. Although, who knew that the media was going to turn those words back on him and then try to make it seem like he's saying that his father and brother don't want to be Kings.

No one can make the case that Charles is lazy, when the man works so much, its not even funny. William isn't lazy either. The man works as an ambulance helicopter pilot, a busy husband and father of two crumb snatchers.

I'm sitting here reading all this stuff and I find it all rather silly. Mainly because I know Harry didn't mean it the way the media spun it. Right now the young members of the royal family and the media is going through a tough time. The royals want a good balance of work and private life, and the media want the royals on center stage 24/7. It's a big tug-a-war going on. Any sign of the royals mentioning the balance gets under some people's skin.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, I admit that Harry could've worded things better and that was his mistake. Although, who knew that the media was going to turn those words back on him and then try to make it seem like he's saying that his father and brother don't want to be Kings.

No one can make the case that Charles is lazy, when the man works so much, its not even funny. William isn't lazy either. The man works as an ambulance helicopter pilot, a busy husband and father of two crumb snatchers.

I'm sitting here reading all this stuff and I find it all rather silly. Mainly because I know Harry didn't mean it the way the media spun it. Right now the young members of the royal family and the media is going through a tough time. The royals want a good balance of work and private life, and the media want the royals on center stage 24/7. It's a big tug-a-war going on. Any sign of the royals mentioning the balance gets under some people's skin.
On top of that, it looks like we're living in the era of Fake News. The road to all hell breaking loose is paved with good intentions but all hell breaks loose anyways.

For me, its time to revert to one of my Grandma's favorite sayings. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". Saves a whole lot of confusion.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:56 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,635
I don't think that Harry was being spoilt or selfish when he made the comments about wanting to have a more private experience at Diana's funeral. She was his mother after all, and he was very young at the time. If I were in his shoes I would feel the same way. I wouldn't want millions of people staring at me during one of the darkest times of my life. I do agree with those who think that the media were spinning this into something more negative - as they often do.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
On top of that, it looks like we're living in the era of Fake News. The road to all hell breaking loose is paved with good intentions but all hell breaks loose anyways.

For me, its time to revert to one of my Grandma's favorite sayings. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". Saves a whole lot of confusion.
Wise words from your grandmother, Osipi.

Harry's interview was deep, but I think William's GQ interview was deeper and more detailed. Im surprised the media didn't reflect on his interview. It blew me away. I mean that in a good way.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 570 Yesterday 06:13 PM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016 iceflower Current Events Archive 402 08-29-2016 03:42 AM
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 1: May 2015 - May 2016 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1582 05-08-2016 04:17 AM




Popular Tags
austria beatrice (1986- ) best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of calabria earl of snowdon fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein luxembourg monarchy myth news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia suits queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises