Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for all the pictures! They look so happy and radiant together, I'm starting to love this couple very much!:wub:
Can't wait to see what kind of dress Marie will wear tommorrow. Does the wedding really not start until 5pm? pfff the waiting is going to be torture:rolleyes:

Well, the wedding coverage starts early in the morning - but the first guests start arriving at 15.45 - so the waiting won't be as long as all that.

I've noticed in the pictures that she is wearing nail polish. Funny cause I dont recall other royals (well she is not a royal yet) doing it. Also in the video she looks sad about her parent's divorce

Queen Margrethe always wears red nail polish --- I believe that Silvia and Sonia also wear nail polish

I am starting to warm up to Marie. She seems a bit flighty, but maybe that is what Joachim needs - someone to get him to open up more and be less grim looking. Someone who is more playful.
Maybe she is more fun to be with - time will tell!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait till tonight and tomorrow for the lovely pictures!!!!

Dogs have always played an important role in the lives of Royals, along with horses. I can't think of ANY Royal, aristocratic or Imperial House where you cannot find scores of photos of them lounging around with their Royal masters, occasionally even on the furniture!

I suppose it's just the "Royal" thing to do, to have lots of dogs around.

Cant wait! will he he wear a suit or Uniform??

That's a good question. Frederik wore a uniform right, so is it not likely that Joachim will also wear a uniform?

Joachim wore uniform on his first wedding. I guess he'll do it like prince Charles who wore uniform on marrying Diana but a cut when he married, secondly, Camilla. Though Charles and Camilla did not marry in church only had a blessing, so maybe it's different with Joachim - maybe he'll give Marie a "Right Royal Groom" on her first wedding, uniform and all.

i can't wait for the wedding tomorrow!!!

but no pics from the ball tonight?

The weather today looked beautiful - hopefully, it will be beautiful tomorrow.
I have to say that Marie is growing on me - can't wait to see the wedding dress, hairdo, etc.

All the best to the royal couple! I can't wait to see how much Felix and Nicolai have grown!

I have just watched the video of their interview in English. I think Marie is lovely, and, like Joachim, I'm also afraid of heights! Now I look forward to seeing her wedding dress.

Isn't there supposed to be a ball or something tonight?

Take two

Thats's ruffled my feathers...:p

Would have been nice, but not to worry. Lets just hope they make up for this deprivation of pomp in the coming days.

Last edited:
Well, you will be able to see the entire wedding on the net, which I noted several days ago several pages back on DR1, so that should tie you over a bit. However, we shouldn't expect grand coverage like Mary and Frederik's wedding. You will also be able to see spots here and there of guests arriving for the reception/dinner, but that's it. I doubt we will see the wedding dance either, but you never know.

Once the ceremony is about to begin I would like members to head on over to the Royal Weddings sub-forum ([URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/prince-joachim-marie-cavallier-24-may-2008-a-14868.html"]here[/URL]) to continue the discussion. Overdose wedding coverage begins around 9:30am Denmark time, and the actually ceremony begins at 5pm sharp. If you want to see the guests arrive click on the DR1 link at 3:30pm Denmark time. Links to the DR1 site is located in the link previously noted.

:flowers:

I thought the groom wears a uniform at his marriage when it is a state occasion like Fred, Felipe, Willem-A, Joachim's first,etc weddings were. So maybe Joachim will wear a suit this time.

Stellad

excuse me for my studid question, but wasn't there a dinner yesterday, was like a pre wedding dinner? any photos?

excuse me for my studid question, but wasn't there a dinner yesterday, was like a pre wedding dinner? any photos?

Yes you are right, but a I think it was a privat dinner:cool:

I was just wondering, does anyone know if Frederik and Mary will bring Cristian and Isabella to the wedding as well?

Here are some pictures of the couple arriving for yesterday's ball

(please do not expect too much, otherwiese you'll be disappointed ;). It was really very "private"...
without any Tiaras & Joachim in a very ugly jacket)

For God sake!!! I won't surprised if today there won't be tiaras/orders too!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom