Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love them to name her Ingrid.It would be a nice tribute to her great grandmother.

I would love them to name her Ingrid.It would be a nice tribute to her great grandmother.

Doubtful. Princess Alexandra's daughter is Ingrid. The name has been over used recently. I'd prefer if used, as a middle name.

Charlotte Ingrid Francoise Odile

Adelie Ingrid Francoise Margarethe

Renee Odile Francoise Margarethe

I hope if they go with a traditional name, it is a Danish one. And not German or Swedish one. If foreign, I'd love a French name for Marie, but with a link to the royal family (easy considering Henrik, plus the DRF have a few french names in their tree as well).

When we will see the first officials photos of the little princess?

When we will see the first officials photos of the little princess?

When they are released. Perhaps in conjunction with a christening date. I do hope everything's alright with the baby.

When they are released. Perhaps in conjunction with a christening date. I do hope everything's alright with the baby.

I am sure we'd have heard if the baby was in the hospital or anything. And this isn't late for the photos. They seem to come about a month before the christening which should be in mid to late april.

I am sure we'd have heard if the baby was in the hospital or anything. And this isn't late for the photos. They seem to come about a month before the christening which should be in mid to late april.

If you look at a previous post regarding time between birth and christening announcement, this baby is a bit behind.

I expect that the christening date will be announced one of this days.
They are rather late this time
Nicolai born 28-8 announcement 23-9
Felix born 22-7 announcement 5-8
Christian born 15-10 announcement 14-11
Isabella born 21-4 announcement 27-4
Henrik born 4-5 announcement 29-5
Vincent and Josephine born 8-1 announcement 11-2

Also pictures of baby Henrik jnr were released just over a month after he was born. The same for last years January twins, born on the 8th Jan pictures released on 25th February and the christening was in April.

Prince Joachim said last week that everyone atSchackenborg including Marie and the little princess had been sick with the flu. That could be a reason why we still have no pictures ?

Could be. Wouldn't be making them and the older boys pose for photos if sick. May also be because of Estelle, and waiting a bit.

May also be because of Estelle, and waiting a bit.

Princess N was born first, if Joachim and Marie want to release pictures of their baby and give out a christening date then they should. No baby is more important than another, just because Victoria is an heir and Joachim isn't shouldn't make any difference at all.

Princess N was born first, if Joachim and Marie want to release pictures of their baby and give out a christening date then they should. No baby is more important than another, just because Victoria is an heir and Joachim isn't shouldn't make any difference at all.

Well, I fear it does make a difference.

The Christening of V&D's child is a state event and it will be celebrated big time.
The DRF will show up in force. QMII and PH, absolutely. M&F, no doubt. So J&M will stay home and man the fort this time as well, I guess.
I think the Swedes would feel a bit snubbed if the DRF chose to have a christening at the same day.
- Not to mention that the media here in DK would go collectively schizophrenic.

I think that as soon as the DRF get a discreet confirmation from Sweden, Joachim and our Marie will publish their date - and we can then strike that date from the calendar in regards to when Estelle will be christened.

Muhler said:
Well, I fear it does make a difference.

The Christening of V&D's child is a state event and it will be celebrated big time.
The DRF will show up in force. QMII and PH, absolutely. M&F, no doubt. So J&M will stay home and man the fort this time as well, I guess.
I think the Swedes would feel a bit snubbed if the DRF chose to have a christening at the same day.
- Not to mention that the media here in DK would go collectively schizophrenic.

I think that as soon as the DRF get a discreet confirmation from Sweden, Joachim and our Marie will publish their date - and we can then strike that date from the calendar in regards to when Estelle will be christened.

I don't fear. Princess N was born before Estelle therefore making her christening date presumably before Estelle's, that logic shows there should be no clash of dates. The Estelle situation doesn't explain the no pictures, just the lack of christening announcement.

There may be a number of reasons why pictures of the little Princess haven't been released yet. One or more of the children may be sick, as Elektra's post suggest; as with any parents, Joachim and Marie are probably waiting for them to get better to pose.

Also boys were at the winter holidays with their mum this time. They got back, get flu and whole thing is postponed. I hope that this week we'll found out the date.

I don't fear. Princess N was born before Estelle therefore making her christening date presumably before Estelle's, that logic shows there should be no clash of dates. The Estelle situation doesn't explain the no pictures, just the lack of christening announcement.

Depends, do the Swedes wait as long as the Danes for a christening? But there is likely not too much of an over lap in guests.

The pictures are only a few weeks late. The birth of Estelle does likely explain a bit, not wanting to over shadow Estelle or the other way around. Add to it the boys were skiing with Alex, then they were all sick, likely reason enough,

Finally a date!
May is going to be quite an exiting month. Now, if they only release a couple of pictures of the little Princess, we'll have something to "survive on" till May! ;)

I was hoping for both a christening date and pictures, but I guess it's too much for one to wish for :whistling:

But it's great to finally have a date set.

Billed Bladet says the christening is to be held on 20 May at Mogeltonder Church! Too bad I'm not in Denmark then :(

That seems a bit late, that is nearly four months. They are usually around the three month mark I thought.

Another guess:

Anna-Renee Marguerite Francoise Amelie

Too French? But there are Danish references, to Anne-Marie, Margrethe and (Sophie) Amelie whom Amelienborg is named...And a reference to Prince Consort Henrik's mother Renee would be nice, don't you think?

I hope she names her Emma, I think that will so pretty.
Emma Marie Astrid...

I like these combinations:
Beatrice Odile Ingrid Marguerite
Astrid Odile Sophie Margrethe
Caroline Ingrid Francoise Marguerite

I hope she names her Emma, I think that will so pretty.
Emma Marie Astrid...

Emma is pretty, but not Danish or French. I doubt they'd use it. Royal name maybe in the UK, and used in the Netherlands, but I'd not see it here IMO.

Countessmeout said:
Emma is pretty, but not Danish or French. I doubt they'd use it.

Are Nikolai and Felix, Danish or french? I don't my see why the name has to link to the country. If you like a name, use it.

Now that we know the date, I am going to make one final guess of the baby's name.
- Marguerite (or Margaret) Renee Francoise Odile
- Marguerite (or Margaret) Francoise Renee Marie
- Francoise Marie Renee Alexandrine

I do hope the two christenings (Danish and Swedish) won't clash; given how close the two royal families are, it would be wonderful if as many members as possible of each family were present at the other's christening.

How's Princess Ingrid Margarethe frederika odelie Louise alexandrine of Denmark

Grandduchess24 said:
How's Princess Ingrid Margarethe frederika odelie Louise alexandrine of Denmark

Too long. Isn't it 3 "middle" names?

I've just read that the Christening will be May 20th.
(?)
I was hoping it would be sooner; because I'm impatient to hear what her names will be ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom