Princess Mary's Personality

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting all the critisisms put at Mary. If she was more down to earth she would be critisised like the Dutchess of York for being too common. Too distant she would be like Princess Michael who had been called snotty in the past.

Diana was more of a clothes horse than Mary. At one point I think she had way too many patronages to be activly involved with them except to ribbon cut. She when she took a year off and only did a few charities she started to really get in depth in a way she couldn't before.

Mary does not have an over involvement in the fashion industry. If you take a look at how many shows she has attended it hasn't been that much. You can count them on your fingers. Remember fashion events always have press. How many press photographers are at a board meeting? Not many. As I said in the Mary's Schedule thread, not everything is published or has photographers. Mary recently made a trip to the swimming federation that was private and unpublished. We only found out after the fact, as someone looked on the swimming site. They had pics of it. If the charity didn't have their camera to document no one would know. Princess Alexandra (Countess of Fredensbourg) had the same trouble after her divorce and had to alert the press to private visits to prove she was earning her keep.

I would have thought that the types of events she attends are in fact representative of her character. At the beginning of her royal career did she not state that she was assessing what charities etc she wished to support?

Audrey Hepburn and Catherine Deneuve were both high priesteses of the fashion world and between the two I imagine they had sat beside more fashion catwalks than even Mary can fathom but I daresay the two actresses, one French and the other Dutch had very different personalities. Not everyone who sails on a sailboat has the same personality as Fred so why should Mary be obliged to adopt this generic personality of every lady that has every attended a fashion catwalk?

There is no such generic fashion personality.

Yes, I do realize that is their calender. I'm usually the one who updates and translates the Danish Royal Calender for this sub-forum. So essentially I am familiar with it and what the DRF are up to officially and unofficially.

Since you're from Denmark you know that some of their engagements are not always listed especially private visits and so forth.

Finally, most of Frederik's sailing events are unofficial and are rarely posted on the Danish royal calender.

It will be different in the future according to this link, C P Frederiks sailing activities have taken on 'an affair of state' complexion:

Ekstra Bladet - Frederiks sejlads er et statsanliggende

a manipulative move if it is correctly reported, that will cover all aspects, even if his involvement is debatable.

As I know the Crown Princess only for her appearence it seems to me very difficult to have a true opinion about her personality.
It's a pretty girl but - for me - she don't have the glowing of a great Lady. May be I'm wrong but I found that Alexandra was of an other calibre - intellectual and physical - As this kinds of considerations are very personal and based on feelings rather of analysis of intrinsic value according results for a long work for example, I think that she has the benefit of the doubt and may be she will becoming a great Lady, that I don't be convinced until now but she is Crown Princess only since three years in a country with a difficult language and very far away of her roots

As I know the Crown Princess only for her appearence it seems to me very difficult to have a true opinion about her personality.
It's a pretty girl but - for me - she don't have the glowing of a great Lady. May be I'm wrong but I found that Alexandra was of an other calibre - intellectual and physical - As this kinds of considerations are very personal and based on feelings rather of analysis of intrinsic value according results for a long work for example, I think that she has the benefit of the doubt and may be she will becoming a great Lady, that I don't be convinced until now but she is Crown Princess only since three years in a country with a difficult language and very far away of her roots
Wonderful post! It's fair and reasonable in tone, and although I disagree with your assessment of her, you have a very interesting perspective. It's very true that even when we look at the same pictures and come to different conclusions, we can agree to disagree. And that is the beauty of great dialogue!

Princess Mary seems to be doing a good job. In the beginning she used to walk with her nose up in the air, but that look goes back to her pre-engagement days. She seems to have corrected it. There is nothing truly remarkable about Mary, she does her job just like all the other princesses. She dresses well, and she clearly loves her family.

What I think we should remember is that, if she was still a regular Jane, she would be just as ordinary as most of us are. The only thing that makes her "special" is that she was a commoner and became a princess, just like in the fairytales. We only know her public persona, and then, we only see what the media presents us with. Unless we have been fortunate enough to meet her in person it's kind of hard to form a true unbiased opinion.

Audrey Hepburn and Catherine Deneuve were both high priesteses of the fashion world and between the two I imagine they had sat beside more fashion catwalks than even Mary can fathom but I daresay the two actresses, one French and the other Dutch had very different personalities. Not everyone who sails on a sailboat has the same personality as Fred so why should Mary be obliged to adopt this generic personality of every lady that has every attended a fashion catwalk?

There is no such generic fashion personality.
But I was not referring to fashion or sports- her choice of patronages in general is definitely relevant to her character as all personal choices are to everyone so please, why are you using my quote.:unsure:

I think Mary comes across as someone who is very superficial. I don't find her very close to the people, and she seems to think that she is better than everyone else. Maybe I'm dead wrong, probably so, but that is how she comes across to me. She seems very money oriented. Do Mary and Alexandra get along? I see Alexandra in a different way, and I don't know either. It is just how she comes across.

When I read negative comments about CPMary, I'm always reminded about the reasons I joined--to be a mature voice and express my opinion about a woman who is doing a great job. Not for her the tabloids of England! She appears cheerful, happy and circumspect. If she were the carping type, there is lots she could let ruin her life, but does not: a husban absent with his hobby, a residence that is in an undesireable spot--no view; life in a small town, etc. yes, she has lovely clothes but they are purchased for events that may be for "command" appearances not events of her choosing. Those correspondents who feel they could have no meaningful conversation with her need not worry.

El Semanal Digital

This article talks about the amount of money Mary spends on a daily basis, and the fact that Danish people are fed up with it. She has purchased 20 pairs of shoes and is being called "Danish Imelda Marcos."

Can anyone comment on whether the article above is from a reputable source? Also, I am just not sure how one can make the determination that a person is wrapped up in money, only from photos. Maxima of the Netherlands has a tremendous budget, well over 1 million USD per year, and I am assuming she spends quite a bit of it, but no one seems to make the same conclusions on her. Not that I want to compare the two, I am just trying to understand why Mary beings out such strong emotions in people.

Unfortunately for the writer/reporter of this article, Mary is not married to a dictator whose people are living in object poverty. While we can question her love of shoes, or even call her superficial, this piece is evidence that the person is so biased they cannot even show proportion in their comparison. Since I don’t know what the Danish people think of her, I can’t comment on the validity of the statement.

Can anyone comment on whether the article above is from a reputable source? Also, I am just not sure how one can make the determination that a person is wrapped up in money, only from photos. Maxima of the Netherlands has a tremendous budget, well over 1 million USD per year, and I am assuming she spends quite a bit of it, but no one seems to make the same conclusions on her. Not that I want to compare the two, I am just trying to understand why Mary beings out such strong emotions in people.

Maxima hasn´t promoted fashion as cause. It´s clear, that ppl take extra looks on that matter, if you do that. The article is based on an article in the Danish press. I can only recommend to all serious Mary fans to study Danish...helps a lot ;) Then one can self judge, if things could be real or all made up or satire...

Further Maxima has the ability to laugh things away. She might love Valentino, but one doesn´t see it firstly. Is that fair? No, but already babies love big bright smiles. Human nature.

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on whether the article above is from a reputable source?
I think the story that Mary had bought 20 pairs of shoes appeared first in Ekstra Bladet - the most hypocritical of the tabloid newspapers. If Mary had been voted crown princess of the century in an obscure poll in an obscure foreign newspaper the day after, they would have printed a drooling story of 'our Mary' and how proud she makes us!:blink:

Roxsteve, I wouldn't believe the story that Danes are fed up with Mary's spending; most of us do realize that the money allotted to the royal family is a salary - a rather large one but still a salary. If they can't make do with their 'salary', that's when all the critical voices are heard. Whatever they do with their alotted money is their business - just like it is every employee's own business what he or she spends her own money on.

People are fairly large re money for the royal house; not even when it was revealed that countess Alexandra had shopped heavily in the weeks leading up to her marriage (when she lost her privilege of getting back the 25 % VAT on all purchases) made the big headlines.

Having over 20 pairs of really good shoes in my closet, just having purchased 3 more pair and planning to spend a gift certificate on another pair, I really don't see anything extravagant if indeed Mary purchased 20 pairs at a time. Believe me, today's shoes do not lend themselves to a non-noticeable repair job and I think it would be unthinkable to wear a designer dress with shoes that were not perfect. CPMary is on display at all times and I think keeping extra pairs of the same design is as important as those extra pairs of white gloves one used to carry. I've had countless times when I've scrapped the back of a new pair of shors on the stairs and I wasn't even wearing spiked heels.

Well, I have never gone into this thread before this is my first time. And I see it has grown rapidly.

to be honest, I have a hard time getting a feel for Mary's personality. I try hard to like her and warm up to her, but she doesn't seem to capture my attention besides me looking to see what she is wearing. I know how incredibly superficial of me! But for some reason when it comes to Mary I just think fashion and all I want to see is what she is wearing. However, putting my superficialness aside for a moment I often think about who I would really like and hit it off with if I was ever to meet any of these royals that I follow so closely. And sometimes I think to myself that the one princess I have a hard time warming up to might in reality be the one that I would have the most in common with and feel the most comfortable around. Odd thought! Anyways, this is a very interesting thread and in reality none of us know for sure and we only see brief interviews or a snap shot to judge a personality from so who knows who Mary really and truly is behind closed doors. But I would like to think that she has balance between royal and normalcy. And that her pre-marriage commoner lifestyle will always be apart of her.

CPMary is on display at all times

At all times...let´s not exaggerate ;)
What I´ve heard pregnancy is making the feet of some women bigger, so maybe that´s why she needed shoes. ;)

Well, some call Ekstra Bladet hypocritical and some Billed Bladet. Always a matter of perception. Just as it is for the single Dane.
Of course one is sometimes very close to imagine the Danes as a little slow mass, that is eating everything (apart from crazy soccer watchers :rolleyes:)
But what I´ve learned, you can neither trust Danish Mary-lovers, nor Danish Mary-slashers in their view on the Danes opinion on Mary.
Let´s face it...to go to a forum and to write 2000 or so posts on the crown princely couple doesn´t make one to an most objective judge ;)
My guess is, that most Danes simply don´t care and don´t spend many thoughts. Just as it is in most countries with their leaders.
Occasionally you are getting a piece of the puzzle...you are hearing...50000 crowns (6700EUR) for shoes and maybe one is raising an eyebrow for a second, but really...who would then spend more thoughts on it.

The stranger Mary&Frederik lovers are for me. Those who are really reading everything, who are checking the schedule and agencies regularly, who have read all interviews...and who are still so very fond and who can ignore all contradictions. Maybe one could finally explain that to me?? Things must then happen in the same brain area as the one for religion or something like that.
Well, that´s of course slightly off topic and at the same time not...after all, it´s the pivotal point of all these discussions on Mary (and Frederik...)
These discussions, that are all the time the same with the same arguments...and with generalisations, exaggerations and with no one really having a clue, because no one had ever long deep discussions with Mary. There is no real progress. In fact so far hardly anyone changed the sides (well, me maybe...but I can´t say, that I knew much about Mary then, nor anyone tried to get me on the other side really)
Why are we doing that, why are we discussing the personality of a woman, we have either never met or only for a few seconds in a staged moment?
So maybe those, who are judging her personality in a positive way could explain to me, why? Maybe not in the usual "Well, she is good with kids and beautiful" way...but with your deeper motives. Why do you think, are you writing here thousands of positive words on her?

Well, perhaps at the same time you might be able to explain to those who are positive, why you have formed such a negative opinion, based on likely the same information that the majority of others have available to them?

A new book about European princesses - 'Profession: Prinsesse''written by Swedish journalist Catarina Hurtig showing portraits of 10 Europe's young princesses, for example Mary, Victoria, Letizia, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Alexandra etc. Mary is praised in a new book as below :

Verdens bedste prinsesse – The world’s best Princess

- Mary is praised in a new book: 'Profession: Prinsesse'

"Mary is one of the princesses in Europe who has succeeded, perhaps the one who has done best in her job. She has the warm sides in her which can reach out both high and low. She is nice, open and smiling at all times and everywhere. But she also keeps a certain Royal distance so that she does not become “too common”. She always looks princess perfect – no matter where or when she is seen or photographed. And then the fact that she “did what she had to” and gave birth to a lovely boy the first time and now also a girl helps as well, says Catarina Hurtig."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/media/NewEdCatarinaHurtig.jpg

Thanks to ambiDK at the CPMMB for the above translation! :flowers:

Last edited:
To put it quite simply, I like thinking positively in general. Everyone has flaws and Mary is no exception. In terms of her personality, of course we are free to speculate (positive or negative), but I still maintain that if we are going to insult someone on the basis of their character, we need to base our arguments on facts or know them on a personal level.

I like Mary because I can’t find any evidence of what she has done wrong. Mary’s only guilt (so far) seems to be that she fell in love and married a Prince. Some might say she’s lucky, but I sometimes I feel sorry for her. Imagine how difficult it must have been for her to leave her family and settle into a new country, where she’s expected to live within all the constraint of that new environment. That prospect to me for me would be daunting.

The fact that her job requires her to look a certain way, and keep a sense of decorum seems to constantly be thrown in her face. I dislike plenty of people, and sometimes for reasons I can’t explain, that’s human nature and I understand that. However, when a reporter calls her “the Imelda Marcos of Denmark” I don’t think it’s fair. I cheer for her because some people want to see her fail. I don't wish that on her husband and children.

Seeing her with a smile on her face and with her family is fun to watch. This woman’s private life is no longer her own, and everything she does is subject to scrutiny. The fact that she has not trip and fall on her face (not literally speaking, of course) to me is admirable.

By the way, I like all the CP. They are all beautiful and modern women who make their husbands happy, so I’m happy for them. Sorry for the book.

Last edited:
A new book about European princesses - 'Profession: Prinsesse''written by Swedish journalist Catarina Hurtig showing portraits of 10 Europe's young princesses, for example Mary, Victoria, Letizia, Mette-Marit, Alexandra etc. Mary is praised in a new book as below :

Verdens bedste prinsesse – The world’s best Princess

- Mary is praised in a new book: 'Profession: Prinsesse'

"Mary is one of the princesses in Europe who has succeeded, perhaps the one who has done best in her job. She has the warm sides in her which can reach out both high and low. She is nice, open and smiling at all times and everywhere. But she also keeps a certain Royal distance so that she does not become “too common”. She always looks princess perfect – no matter where or when she is seen or photographed. And then the fact that she “did what she had to” and gave birth to a lovely boy the first time and now also a girl helps as well, says Catarina Hurtig."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/media/NewEdCatarinaHurtig.jpg

Thanks to ambiDK at the CPMMB for the above translation! :flowers:

I find it kind of funny that she is being praised for something that she really had no control over, the sex of her firstborn.

But I was not referring to fashion or sports- her choice of patronages in general is definitely relevant to her character as all personal choices are to everyone so please, why are you using my quote.:unsure:

juliana, the short answer to your question is that I wanted to show how two women with very different characters both shared a passion for fashion. Their passion for fashion doesn't dictate that they have the same or even similar characters.

So my conclusion is that though we are able to tell something of Mary's character from her choice of fashion patronages, it is my opinion, that we can not tell very much about her character from her choice of fashion patronages.

You may have a different opinion and that is fine too. :flowers:

To put it quite simply, I like thinking positively in general. Everyone has flaws and Mary is no exception. In terms of her personality, of course we are free to speculate (positive or negative), but I still maintain that if we are going to insult someone on the basis of their character, we need to base our arguments on facts or know them on a personal level.

I like Mary because I can’t find any evidence of what she has done wrong. Mary’s only guilt (so far) seems to be that she fell in love and married a Prince. Some might say she’s lucky, but I sometimes I feel sorry for her. Imagine how difficult it must have been for her to leave her family and settle into a new country, where she’s expected to live within all the constraint of that new environment. That prospect to me for me would be daunting.

The fact that her job requires her to look a certain way, and keep a sense of decorum seems to constantly be thrown in her face. I dislike plenty of people, and sometimes for reasons I can’t explain, that’s human nature and I understand that. However, when a reporter calls her “the Imelda Marcos of Denmark” I don’t think it’s fair. I cheer for her because some people want to see her fail. I don't wish that on her husband and children.

Seeing her with a smile on her face and with her family is fun to watch. This woman’s private life is no longer her own, and everything she does is subject to scrutiny. The fact that she has not trip and fall on her face (not literally speaking, of course) to me is admirable.

By the way, I like all the CP. They are all beautiful and modern women who make their husbands happy, so I’m happy for them. Sorry for the book.

Agreed. I've liked Mary from the beginning. I was one of those impressed when at the beginning of the relationship the press asked her questions and she replied in Danish. I thought that was classy and showed she was making an effort from the beginning. I remember she even took classes in etiquette to try and prepare herself for the kind of life she would be entering.

Since then I have seen a woman who had an education and decent job, move to another country to marry her prince charming who I always believed she loved, not just for the title but really for him.

She has tried so hard to dress appropriately, classy and invent a style of her own which involves very classic looks that never go out of style. She has done her job of providing children.

I haven't seen her really do anything but try in every way to be a great princess that Frederick and Denmark can be proud of. :flowers: JMO

A couple of questions:

"What's wrong with superficiality?"

"Why does Mary have to be deep or serious? What benefit does it bring to the Danish monarchy?"

"Why do people feel they have to warm up to a royal to like them?

A couple of questions:

"Why does Mary have to be deep or serious? What benefit does it bring to the Danish monarchy?"

Well, I speak only for myself but I don't really think she needs to be deep necessarily but she needs to display poise and the fact that she has a brain to think with. People in Denmark and in other places look up to these royals, so they all need to display a serious/professional side of themselves.

Maybe it's just me but I like to get a feel for who someone is, I guess I classify that "warming up to a royal". It just goes along with liking someone to really be able to get a sense of who they are and find that connection that you might have with a royal. Some often say especially about Mary, "she seems so down to earth". Well, those that say that have obviously developed some sort of connection that I have never noticed. We all see things differently!:)

I don't know about you guys, but there is something about Prince Frederik that comes across as a little superficial as well. If you consider Mary superficial, then maybe Frederik and Mary are two peas in a pod. For example, in group pictures at major royal events, or where the crown prince couples of European countries gather, Prince Frederik always seems to stand one or two inches away from Mary in order to emphasis her more in the photograph, thus trying to make the event about them in away-- a point someone made earlier in the thread. I always hate that when I see them do this in the photographs. It's like the other royal couples are just as equal as they are. What makes them so special as to try and steal the attention in the photograph. If I were one of the other royal couples, I would be mad at the inconsiderate gesture.

I tried to find the group pictures to illustrate my point, but I could only find these two pictures (both from Danish Royal Watchers). I wish they would just be a little more natural.

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/9436/drws17ph.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6/th4aw.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of questions:

"What's wrong with superficiality?"

1. Superficiality - if this is with reference to royalty, and C P Mary in particular......then it is not an attribute that should be associated with a person in her position, lack of depth and knowledge are not recommendations for a crown princess!

2. One would hope that 'serious' in this context would imply that she regards her position as more than trivial, or superficial. As for 'deep', that has to be part of her genetic makeup, either she is, or isn't.

3. Warming up to royals - accepting them unconditionally is not advisable, they are after all there by public subscription, so presenting the correct face to the population is really to their advantage.

It's like the other royal couples are just as equal as they are. What makes them so special as to try and steal the attention in the photograph. If I were one of the other royal couples, I would be mad at the inconsiderate gesture.

I tried to find the group picturesto illustrate my point, but I could only find these two pictures (both from Danish Royal Watchers).

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/9436/drws17ph.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6/th4aw.jpg

Im not quite sure I'm seeing what you see, Melania. I think my eyes are drawn more to vivid color because the first thing I notice in that first picture is Maxima's red dress rather than anything Mary is wearing or doing.

The second picture is rather small so its hard to tell. I think that Mary in both pictures has a rather more formal demeanour than her colleagues (Fred too in the second picture because I don't see him in the first) and she doesn't appear as open and warm.

That may be what is grabbing your attention? I admit that I don't really pay attention to facial expressions in these kind of group shots unless the person is really making an unusual facial expression. Like I said, I think my eyes are drawn to more to color because in the second photo, my attention is first grabbed by Margrethe's blue coat against a sea of white and cream in the front row that everyone else is wearing.

aurora said:
Well, I speak only for myself but I don't really think she needs to be deep necessarily but she needs to display poise and the fact that she has a brain to think with. People in Denmark and in other places look up to these royals, so they all need to display a serious/professional side of themselves.

Interesting aurora. So do you think Mary displays that or do you think that she doesn't?

aurora said:
Maybe it's just me but I like to get a feel for who someone is, I guess I classify that "warming up to a royal". It just goes along with liking someone to really be able to get a sense of who they are and find that connection that you might have with a royal. Some often say especially about Mary, "she seems so down to earth". Well, those that say that have obviously developed some sort of connection that I have never noticed. We all see things differently!:)

I admit I don't see Mary as down to earth so I agree with you there, aurora! Is it possible to get a sense of who a royal is and still not being able to find that connection? For example a down to earth person may get the impression that that Mary is not down to earth, that person may have a very good sense of who Mary is but they can't connect to it.

Last edited:
1. Superficiality - if this is with reference to royalty, and C P Mary in particular......then it is not an attribute that should be associated with a person in her position, lack of depth and knowledge are not recommendations for a crown princess!

Why not? Since the royal families have no power any more, their position is rather superficial, don't you think? Who better than a superficial person to fulfill this role? Isn't it possible that a deep and serious person would get bored at the mundane superficial activities that royals perform on a regular basis? Don't you think that a deep, well-educated and serious Princess such as Alexandra was getting a little bored in her role as Princess? I'm not knocking the royal role or Alexandra but they are what they are. I don't see the advantage of depth or great intellect in a royal role because the royal role doesn't take advantage of it.

2. One would hope that 'serious' in this context would imply that she regards her position as more than trivial, or superficial. As for 'deep', that has to be part of her genetic makeup, either she is, or isn't.!

But what if the role is indeed superficial? Is there not a danger in trying to make a role more than what it is meant to be?

3. Warming up to royals - accepting them unconditionally is not advisable, they are after all there by public subscription, so presenting the correct face to the population is really to their advantage.

I totally agree with you here. We may differ on what we think is the correct face - I'm not turned off by superficiality as long as I see its appropriate to the role.

This is one of the most stubborn misconceptions about Mary's relationship with the Danish fashion industry.

Do you know that the fashion industry rates very high on the list of the Denmark's most profitable exports? It's not haute couture, no doubt about that, but it is a very very profitable export branch. Do you know that at the website for the Danish foreign ministry, they offer advice for potential exporters within certain categories - and that they group Design, Furniture and Fashion together (http://www.um.dk/da/menu/Eksportraadgivning/MarkedsOgSektorinformation/Sektorinformation/Moebler/)? They don't do that to please a crown princess who might be interested in fashion. They do that because the fashion industry has become big business for the country in later years. If Mary therefore has demonstrated a 'suspicous amount of support for the Danish fashion industry', I am sure that the country's exporters are thrilled about it - just like they are thrilled about prince Henrik's activities when he actively supports Danish trade delagations on trips abroad - or Joachim's endeavours to support Danish agriculture. The long-term goal is the same: to actively promote that part of trade and industry which the royal person has been asked to function as a patron for.

(by the way, the next CIFF (About CIFF - Copenhagen International Fashion Fair) takes place on August 9-12 - and yes, Mary as a patron will undoubtedly pay a visit to the fair; she will also attend a circus galla on September 8 for the benefit of the Danish mental health fund - an area which has not formerly had much public awareness but which she has worked very actively for. Fortunately, the mental health fund appearences usually do not attract as many media people as the CIFF events so with good luck she may not be critised for attending that:cool:)

i already know fashion seems to be a big thing for the danes. however and whatever the reasons behind mary going to fashion shows and fairs is, i don't think it contributes to her public image. just look at this very same thread: practically all members seem to get the impression of a frivolous, superficial personality because of this fashion business.

and i know this was talked extensibly before but i doubt her photoshoots for vogue or women's weekly had anything to do with promoting danish fashion. she also posed for dansk to promote danish fashion but... the question is: is it necessary for a princess to pose as a model to promote danish fashion? a princess should not, in my opinion, offer her image to pose like kate moss or an starlette for vogue, especially not so shortly after getting married to her prince. i believe there are lots of other things to do rather than posing for a magazine and talking about your life, just months after the wedding. the only respectable thing of vogue was at least that some of the money went to charity.

MissSaga said:
It's not that she is critized when she attends disease-related events, it's just that noone talks about it. They prefer to critize her when she attends one of the two fashion events a year, coz most of what she does has something to do with the Danish Heart, cancer or Brain Injury foundation. There are not taken pictures of when she fx. opens a hostel, visits the patients, only when she cuts the ribbon. And that's when she's accused of being nothing but a ribbon cutter. And when she makes speaches for WHO, people just say she didn't write it herself. I mean, you say it like she never attends those health/disease events when you say "IF she decided to attend disease-related events", the truth is that that's what she does most of the time, but many of you are just closing your eyes to it, you don't want to realize it, because it's SO much easier to say "I don't like Mary, I can't say why, all I can say is that she is a fashion horse and LOVES the cameras". Now that's depth :rolleyes::whistling::closedeye
(and no, you're not one of those people Carlota, you're posts are very argumentative, even though I don't agree at times)

i will seriously disagree that nobody cares about disease related events. at least to us here in the forum all the events count and everyone always makes an effort to look for new pictures of any royal, whatever the event he or she attends.

Are you sure about that:alien:.

[URL="http://farr40.kdy.dk/con57.php4"]Here[/URL] is your answer: July 12-14 The Dexia Farr 40 2007, Skagen. Sailing.

On July 2-8 2007 is the 3rd Series European Circuit. Nanoq will participate in the Farr 40 Open Nordic Championship in the Oslo fjords. Sailing.

well now... that's even worse. how on earth can the fact of frederik attending a sailing event can be an official event? i find it ridiculous. perhaps there's not something wrong with mary, but actually with the personnel who decide what events are official and which aren't. :D i'd never qualify a sailing activity of frederik as official.

i also think superficiality should not be associated with royals. as you said, being royal is not a terribly complicated job so it is required that they are centred, focused, have a deep knowledge and can at least discuss what's being done. sitting there looking pretty would make the job even more trivial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom