Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-watched the video of Mary and Fred leaving the hospital with the twins...And I really get the impression they might do something daring (in a conservative sense)...

I keep joking about Olafur but i really think they might do it, even combined with Elvis:

Prince Olafur Elvis Archibald Frederik (?)

Another option could be: Prince Harald Archibald Elvis Frederik, I keep saying it but I would love to see a Prince Harry of Denmark, so cute!

And as for the little princess, I would love to see a name like Annika or Anneke...I know Mary will use both her sisters names but I am not sure if she will use her own to 'match' using Frederik with the boy...Would love something like:

Princess Anneke Jane Patricia Mary

Oh, hurry up 14 April!!!...this speculating game is giving me headaches ;)

Why Elvis? Are they Elvis fans or is someone in the family called Elvis?

Why Elvis? Are they Elvis fans or is someone in the family called Elvis?

Elivis and Shirley Bassey were born on the same day as the twins. So we've nicknamed them.

Elivis and Shirley Bassey were born on the same day as the twins. So we've nicknamed them.

Oh, I didn't know that. But I was referring specifically to the previous poster suggesting it as a potential middle name.

Oh, I didn't know that. But I was referring specifically to the previous poster suggesting it as a potential middle name.

It was originally Frederik who mentioned the name "Elvis" on the day the twins were born, he might personally like the name. :flowers:

Barnabas Frederik Ingolf Knud
Ingrid Desiree Marie Sofia

Barnabas Frederik Ingolf Knud
Ingrid Desiree Marie Sofia
Barnabas sounds to much like Barabas, which is the thief that Pontius Pilate would release instead of Jesus on Good Friday.

How do you know that? :ermm:

Sorry, I don't really but I think it is a pretty safe assumption, since Christian has both grandfather's name's (and brother John can probably stand under the John umbrella too) and Isabella has both grandmother's and great-grandmother in her name...I just assume that Mary will want to honour both sister's in the girls name and might honour her great-grandfathers, Archibald and/or Peter in the boys name as well as Frederik which seems mandatory to include...

Sorry, I don't really but I think it is a pretty safe assumption, since Christian has both grandfather's name's (and brother John can probably stand under the John umbrella too) and Isabella has both grandmother's and great-grandmother in her name...I just assume that Mary will want to honour both sister's in the girls name and might honour her great-grandfathers, Archibald and/or Peter in the boys name as well as Frederik which seems mandatory to include...

Well if they were going to honor the great grandfathers, why not the great grandmothers? We can't automatically assume because the grandparents were used, the siblings will be. I could see perhaps using one, maybe Jane, and having Patricia as godmother as Jane has already been. I like the idea of using Fred's name for the girl. Considering they changed the law for equal primogeniture, the female heirs should have it as well. It would be a nice break with tradition for the little princess to have the feminine version.

Well as the boy may have Frederik as a middle name because of the alternating Frederik/Christian thing, shouldn't the girl have the female version of Christian, not Frederik?

Considering they changed the law for equal primogeniture, the female heirs should have it as well. It would be a nice break with tradition for the little princess to have the feminine version.
The law change happened in 2006, so if the CPC wanted to do something in that direction with the name, then they would IMO have done it with Pss Isabella.

Well as the boy may have Frederik as a middle name because of the alternating Frederik/Christian thing, shouldn't the girl have the female version of Christian, not Frederik?

That would be Frederikke or Christine.

Ingrid
Margrethe
Charlotte
Astrid
Maud

Christopher
George
Valdemar
Alexander
William
Edward

Well I guess the god parents will be the crown prince Fellipe and Letizia of Spain or the prince Nikolaos and princess Tatiana Blantik of Greece !

The law change happened in 2006, so if the CPC wanted to do something in that direction with the name, then they would IMO have done it with Pss Isabella.

They can still do it should they want to!
And the fee is only 470 kroner for a name change :D:cool:!

Viv

They can still do it should they want to!
And the fee is only 470 kroner for a name change :D:cool:!

Viv
Indeed they can, but I doubt it - it´s way too expensive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like the name Marina for the girl.
For the girl's middle names, I think it'll be something like: Anne/a, Sofie/a, Patricia, Augusta, Josephine, Jacqueline, Astrid, Dagmar, Victoria or Caroline.

I have a feeling that André (or Andreas) will be somewhere in the boys name.
I also have my hopes up for Michael & William.

Ingrid

Alexander

:flowers:

Ingrid and Alexander, just sounds too much like Ingrid Alexandra of norway. One or the other perhaps but both would just seem so odd.

I still think they will try and stay away, at least first names, from those used by royal babies in this generation. So Sofia/Leonor/Ingrid/Elisabeth and so on. I could be wrong, but there are enough royal names out there, and while I could see them as a middle name, not as a first. Alexander as well.

I like Astrid/Anna (Astrid is more Sweedish, Anna may be more Danish and more modern)

Anna Mathilde Friedrike Patricia
or
Astrid Mathilde Mary Patricia (the more formal traditional, using mother not father's name)

and for the boy

Eric Andre Peter Marius (substitue Friedrick for Marius if Mary is used for girl and Friedrike)

Last edited:
I still like Annika for the little Princess and Michael for the little Prince, I just have a feeling that they will surprise us with their choice. I don't think they will be as modern as W-A and Maxima or as old fashion as Felipe and Letizia.
I just hope they keep the tradition of modern/fashionable first name and historical other names. Wonder if they have decided yet?

Really? I don't think so ;)

Isabella is definitely the spanish form of Elizabeth. That is why there is a question of the proper name of the Isabella for whom Princess Isabella is named for in the Danish royal tree. She was a Spanish princess so Isabella would be proper, but was called Elizabeth in other tongues. It is like Leonor and Eleanor and so on.

I still like Annika for the little Princess and Michael for the little Prince, I just have a feeling that they will surprise us with their choice. I don't think they will be as modern as W-A and Maxima or as old fashion as Felipe and Letizia.
I just hope they keep the tradition of modern/fashionable first name and historical other names. Wonder if they have decided yet?

Keep the tradition of fashionable modern names? Christian and Isabella may be popular but neither are modern names, Christian is very traditional for Denmark, and there are at least two Isabellas in the Danish royal tree. Michael is English, Mikael would be the scandinavian version, and there is not much royal precdence other than in Russia/Byzantium. Anneke is a pet name for Anna, Anna would be far more likely.

I am confused at one moment you don't think they will be modern like WA and Maxima, but not traditional like Letizia, so what would you like them to be? what is the alternative? Other than Arianna, WA and Maxima were traditional with Catharina-Amalia. And Alexia would be the same as naming a girl Anneke, as Alexia is a nickname for Alexandra, as much as Anneke is for Anna.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea of Anneke/Annika but they won't use Michael because Mary has a nephew, Michael Woods (Patricia's son) with the name...Same with Alexander (Stephens) Mary wouldn't double up on immediate family names, what's the point when there are plenty of other names out there...

So much fun, the naming of the twins. Can't wait for the christening to find out. Not that long away. :flowers:

A lot happening in April. A Royal Christening (Denmark) and a Royal Marriage (England). :rose::heartflower::fireworks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom