Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one pic from the school playground at Getty Images :)

Can you tell if Sandy Bay is a public or private school?

Sandy Bay Infants school is a public school, Mary attended public schools as a student, including the University of Tasmania which is a public university.

Sandy Bay Infants school is a public school, Mary attended public schools as a student, including the University of Tasmania which is a public university.

That's new for me, I had not a clue about Mary's schools. Thank you very much, Charlotte. :)

Keep in mind that we're discussing the Danish Crown Prince Couple's visit to Australia. I don't want to have to close this threads to remove off-topic posts about other holidays/vacations that do not factor into this discussions. Please stay on topic.

Thanks,:)

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

According to this article, CP Marys request for distance, has made an impression on the danish mediapack:

"The Danish media kept a modest distance yesterday, staying in their cars rather than in the street with the paparazzi pack that has been photographing the royal family all week".

That's the way the media should have behaved ever since the CP Family arrived at Tasmania. But obvious they had to be told as they couldn't figure out by themselves how to behave decently.

Hopfully they will continue having this distance and in that way give the CP Family the space they need in order to enjoy the rest of their stay.

Just a reminder to stay on topic as Empress has suggested above.

Thanks, :)
Mandy

....btw Did Fred really give that rag of a magazine an actual interview or are they doing their usual close sources/good friends / friends of friends thingy??

If you are referring to the Women's Weekly article that wombat mentioned on the previous page in post 297, then no - the article was mainly made up of excerpts from the book released in conjunction with Frederik's 40th birthday earlier in the year.

And some pictures from today's official event - meeting with the Alannah and Madeleine Foundation (patronage thread here):
-Mary posing with John Bertrand and two children
-Mary arriving
-Mary talking to a boy named Harrison
-Mary with John Bertrand

(Daylife/AP)

She (HRH) looks gorgeous and we've had such lovely weather here in Melbourne these past couple of days, aswell. LOVE THE HEELS...:wub:
Thank you, Jess.

thanks for those pics!!

she looks gorgeous!!! Hope there will be more pics soon! and especially from tonight's dinner!

The Crown Princess has certainly seemed very happy to be back on "home" soil. She's smiled so very much, it's lovely.

Thank you, Paty.

I hope we'll have better pics from tongiht's dinner!!!! she seems to be really elegant and beautiful!!

I hope we'll have better pics from tongiht's dinner!!!! she seems to be really elegant and beautiful!!

She looks fabulous - Melbourne is a city where a lot of people wear black for some reason - including famous citizens like PHillip Adams ... I'm not sure why that is! Melburnians are definitely the most elegant population in Australia ...

She looked absolutely radiant tonight at the dinner. Very classic and I believe it's a new outfit too! :wub:

She looked absolutely radiant tonight at the dinner. Very classic and I believe it's a new outfit too! :wub:
sorry i could not find the links of the photos, would you please pass it?

The dress isn't new.

She wore it allready the 23. October 2007 to a concert in Fredenborg Palace Church and a dinner afterwards.

If you are referring to the Women's Weekly article that wombat mentioned on the previous page in post 297, then no - the article was mainly made up of excerpts from the book released in conjunction with Frederik's 40th birthday earlier in the year.

Thanks I never buy the damn mag and am currently on the other side of the world but was sure they wouldnt have actually interviewed him and got it from the horses mouth so to speak. Typical tabloid tells us what they think and expects us to believe it is the facts.

The Crown Princess looked superb last night :rose:
Her shoes make me drool with delight. I find them (heels) so addictive, which may explain why I've had my power cut off twice in the past year.

The Crown Prince was a little under the weather though, I think...

Thank you, bramair.

Seems frederik was feeling a bit unwell throughout the evening.

He has had a pretty hard programe the last three weeks. Going to the olympic to advocate for his IOC candidatcy and at the same time having lots of official duties in Bejing. Then an official visit to Mongolia - back to Beijing and then off to Hobart and now one more offiacial duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom