The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary's Work for Women's Rights (including Women Deliver Conference)

Official event again added to Mary's calendar tomorrow. After the opening of the Parliament Mary will (probably directly) drive to meeting in the Foreign Ministry with the Women Deliver Committee:

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i Women Deliver Komitémøde kl. 14.30 - Kongehuset

Old 10-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary's Work for Women's Rights (including Women Deliver Conference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Official event again added to Mary's calendar tomorrow. After the opening of the Parliament Mary will (probably directly) drive to meeting in the Foreign Ministry with the Women Deliver Committee:

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i Women Deliver Komitémøde kl. 14.30 - Kongehuset
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQo6Rt6UsAQ1gX4.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQpZ1LtUEAA7LmF.jpg:large

Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary at the meeting in the Foreign Ministry with the Women Deliver Committee, yesterday after the opening of the Parliament:

BB picture and article:
Kronprinsesse Mary spillede bold med udenrigsminister Kristian Jensen | billedbladet.dk

Minister Kristian Jensen: "Good meeting in WomenDeliver Committee with HRH The Crown Princess. Working for full equality between genders"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQpZ1LtUEAA7LmF.jpg:large

The meeting leads up to the world's largest women conference to be held in Denmark next year with Mary as host and patron.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Majesty

A BB video from the event, where Mary and the minister are also seen handing out soccer balls to the twenty people who attended the meeting: Kronprinsesse Mary var spilfordeler i stiletter | billed-bladet.dk

At 01:00 a reporter comments: "You are quite adept at playing soccer, I hear".
Mary: "Am I good at playing soccer"?!?
Q: "Surely we have seen that a few times. - Almost. - Well...".
Mary: "I'm not".
Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

And we can hear Mary humorous said: "Am I good? No, I'm not. They (the footballs) just end up out in the water or something."

I think she hands out those footballs with quite a good technique though (;
Old 10-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

thank you Muhler and Roskilde for adding the translations

I say Mary does quite well on the football field, especially when she has a hand to hold
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RsRTX8xH7E...ce-620x0-1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3TLHCn0NTl...ik-620x0-2.jpg
Old 10-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Well, it looked like she is better at handball, from the way she distributed the balls.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:57 AM
Administrator

Posts about Crown Princess Mary's attendance at the World Conference of Women's Shelters in Den Haag, Netherlands, have been moved to the following thread:

** Queen Máxima & Crown Princess Mary at World Conference of Women's Shelters, Nov 2015 **
Old 01-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Next week CP Mary will visit another Westafrican country, Burkina Faso, this time with the Danish Foreign Minister.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger Burkina Faso | Kongehuset - Forside
Old 01-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

great. continuing her work with women and reproduction rights.
article from Billed Bladet
Kronprinsesse Mary rejser til Burkina Faso i Vestafrika | BILLED-BLADET

"Princess Mary travel in late January with Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen to Burkina Faso in West Africa, where together they will do their best to focus on, among other women's rights and reproductive health.

Over half of all women in Burkina Faso are married before they are 18 years and the infant mortality rate is very high, like genital mutilation of girls and young women as well as marital violence creates many problems both health and social.
On the program during the working day, there will be field visits, where Crown Princess Mary have the opportunity to get close to abused women and their children and on the people who are helping them.
When the tasks are completed, traveling crownprincess home to Denmark while Minister Kristian Jensen flight for Summit in Addis Ababa in the East African country of Ethiopia, as the Crown Princess also visited a year ago."
Old 01-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Ricarda and Polyesco

Here the press release from the Danish Foreign Ministry:
Kronprinsessen og udenrigsminister Kristian Jensen til Burkina Faso
Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Majesty

Tonight there are reports that Islamists have taken hostages at a hotel in the capital of Burkina Faso, used by diplomats and UN officials.
Even though there are at present no reports about dead and wounded, there have been gunfire.

I wonder if the visit will be cancelled?

And if it isn't I'm sure security will be increased. That means the heavier armed FET agents will accompany Mary and the minister instead.

ADDED: BT is following the situation as well: http://www.bt.dk/udland/om-bare-ni-d...rror-ramt-land
http://www.bt.dk/udland/lige-nu-form...no-flere-doede
And reports that several are dead.

Burkina Faso is not used to terror which has become frequent in the neighboring country of Mali. But Mali is a very big country.
- The problem is that Mary may actually be considered a target, because a Danish general is heading the UN-forces in Mali and Danish special forces are to be deployed to Mali within some months.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Follow up. I see from glancing the headlines that the terror attack has been very costly in human lives.
So I think there is a very real probability that the visit will be cancelled.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Burkina Faso hotel attacked by Al Qaeda gunmen who kill 20 people | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-16-2016, 06:15 AM
Majesty

A second hotel is now under attack!

Soldiers stormed the first hotel, killed the terrorists and freed more than 100 hostages, but now another hotel has been attacked.

As such I think it's safe to say that Mary's visit will be cancelled.

ADDED: Efter Afrika-terror: Endnu ingen planer om at aflyse rejsen for kronprinsesse Mary | BILLED-BLADET

BB has contacted the court about the situation in Burkina Faso and this is what Lene Balleby replied: "It's too early to say whether Crown Princess Mary will be going. We monitor the development, but in the end it's the Foreign Ministry and the police, who decide whether it is safe and the DRF naturally follow their recommandations".

- Since the hotels under attack house foreign guests, including journalists, I'm pretty sure that the press is reconsidering going as well.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Something similar had happened in November 2014 when Queen Mathilde canceled the trip to Burkina Faso due to riots that had broken out in the country.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:46 AM
Majesty

Efter terror-angreb: Kronprinsesse Marys rejse i fare - Politik | www.bt.dk

BT has contacted the Foreign Minister: "We have the whole time known that it was an area with a fragile stability. It's obvious we the the whole time has to assess how the security situation is. We are a present looking at it to see if we should change/modify the trip".

- If we look at the political implications of going ahead with the visit and there was an incident involving Mary (and the Foreign Minister), with say the FET agents having to open fire.
Then the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Justice (responsible for the police, including PET), the Chief of PET, and most likely the PM himself, would have to resign. And a couple of heads of the departments in the involved ministries could kiss their career goodbye as well.
I simply cannot imagine the government let alone the ministers surviving politically after an incident where a such a high-profile member of the DRF is in danger, shortly after no less than two terrorist attacks.
Had these attacks occurred while Mary was in Bukina Faso, then a couple of ministers would resign, but the government might still survive.

- Did Queen Mathilde ever visit Burkina Faso later on?

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten: http://jyllands-posten.dk/internatio...r-hotelangreb/

Here the Foreign Minister elaborates: (See above quote) + "But we are not going if there is any doubt as to whether we can ensure the safety of the Crown Princess. We look at it, assess the situation and see if we must change the trip.
I hope not, because the project we are to look at is incredibly important in relation to secure women's rights, that are facing difficulties in that part of the world. Involving women more in the society will also help contributing for the security in the country".
Old 01-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

BT has contacted the Foreign Minister: "We have the whole time known that it was an area with a fragile stability. It's obvious we the the whole time has to assess how the security situation is. We are a present looking at it to see if we should change/modify the trip".

- If we look at the political implications of going ahead with the visit and there was an incident involving Mary (and the Foreign Minister), with say the FET agents having to open fire.
Then the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Justice (responsible for the police, including PET), the Chief of PET, and most likely the PM himself, would have to resign. And a couple of heads of the departments in the involved ministries could kiss their career goodbye as well.
I simply cannot imagine the government let alone the ministers surviving politically after an incident where a such a high-profile member of the DRF is in danger, shortly after no less than two terrorist attacks.
Had these attacks occurred while Mary was in Bukina Faso, then a couple of ministers would resign, but the government might still survive.

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten: Â*Kronprinsesse Marys Burkina Faso-tur er i fare efter hotelangreb - Afrika - International

Here the Foreign Minister elaborates: (See above quote) + "But we are not going if there is any doubt as to whether we can ensure the safety of the Crown Princess. We look at it, assess the situation and see if we must change the trip.
I hope not, because the project we are to look at is incredibly important in relation to secure women's rights, that are facing difficulties in that part of the world. Involving women more in the society will also help contributing for the security in the country".
The Brussels Times - Queen Mathilde will go to Ethiopia

Replace that trip with the trip to Ethiopia last november
Old 01-17-2016, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten: Â*Kronprinsesse Marys Burkina Faso-tur er i fare efter hotelangreb - Afrika - International

Thank you for keeping us posted.
It must be very stressful for Mary (and I'm sure Frederik ) and all involved in the visit.
The minister is right very important work/projects but safety should come first
Old 01-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Mary's visit to Burkina Faso has been postponed. There is no new date.
Instead the Danish Foreign Minister will meet with his counterpart from Burkina Faso in Ethiopia. - And that IMO suggests that there will be no visit for a considerable period.

Terror udsætter kronprinsessens tur til Burkina Faso - Politik | www.bt.dk

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary's work for women's rights, princess mary, princess mary and the women deliver conference, princess mary and womens rights, princess mette-marit and women deliver conference, queen maxima at the women deliver conference, women deliver conference