Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The young girl looks very genuine and sincere, modestly passing on the flowers she caringly brought with her. She looks very sweet and kind.

Thank you to those who answered my question. I noticed Roskilde's post but I thought she meant inside the school, which is why I asked. :flowers:

These are my favourite photos from the event:

One ~ Two ~ Three

I love how the little girl just reached up to hug Mary in photo three.

Here are pictures from Mary's first event last Friday :flowers:

Before she went to the school, she was to a children's concert in the DR city where she danced a little dance with the children. The photographer behind these pictures tells us that she was the only photographer because all the other photographers, unfortunately, got stuck in the same elevator on their way up to their places. It also explains why we've got hundreds of pictures from Mary's second event at the school, but almost no one from her first event. Poor photographers.

http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/dr33.jpg
http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/dr39.jpg
http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/dr40.jpg

http://frederiketmary.centerblog.net/2198-princesse-mary-aux-200-ans-de-ecole-complement

Last edited:
Mary's school event got much more coverage than Frederik's event on the same day. I wonder why. Is she really that much more popular than he?

Mary's school event got much more coverage than Frederik's event on the same day. I wonder why. Is she really that much more popular than he?

I've heard that Mary is the second most popular member of the DRF after Queen Margrethe, so I would think that's why her event on Friday got more coverage than Frederik's. :flowers:

mary is very popular..and so are frederik..in the polls it is always mary or margrethe or frederik who are in the top..so im pretty sure it all comes down to the event..mary on a school with many happy kids who takes photos and welcome her like was she justin bieber..frederik on the other hand had a more "boring" event if you understand me. when frederik are out to school sport visit or so he gets great coverage just like mary :) just look at when he opened the half marathon :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm all in favour of anything "sustainable", and I'm looking forward to finding out what "sustainable fashion" means.

An addition to the calendar:

I can see Frederik now has been added to tonight's event and will accompany his wife to the dinner.

Tonight, Mary will as patron host a dinner for actors related to sustainable fashion during the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 in Frederik VIII's Palace. The Crown Prince will participate.

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er vært ved en middag i forbindelse med Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 kl. 19.00 - Kongehuset

Yes I saw that he was added a couple of days ago. Nice :flowers:
I think Frederik has worked in the area of sustainability.

pictures
Frederik and Mary receiving guests.
About 50 guests were invited.

Frederik looking handsome as usual ;)
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...le/modemiddag_krp.mary_hj_2.jpg?itok=Esb3SqCx
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ary_margrethe_vestager_hj_2.jpg?itok=nrO034Nn

Last edited by a moderator:
First pictures of Mary and Frederik's dinner tonight for actors related to sustainable fashion during the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 in Frederik VIII's Palace.

Me think Mary looks fab, Frederik nice as well. Delicious couple :heart:

Mary is wearing a sustainable dress from Danish David Andersen.
Among the guests was our Economy and Interior Minister Margrethe Vestager.

Here are an article:
Kronprinsesse Mary holdt modemiddag på Amalienborg | Billed Bladet

About Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014:
CopenhagenFashionSummit

AFAIK, this event has nothing to do with Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (CIFF).

Well that's what I thought, too (=it has nothing to do with it). Thanks for the reply! :)

Fred's brown tie; why brown to go with the suit? Mary's dress is blah and nothing to write home about. The lady on the right is wearing an absolutely beautiful, elegant and classy lace dress.

white suits mary well with her dark hair and brown eyes, but yes we have seen better dresses on her..
mary herself looks fantastic and would love to have a closer look at her big earrings.. minister vestagers dress looks for me very transparent .. oops .. :D

will be a very busy day for mary tommorow

Last edited:
:previous:

It will certainly be a busy day for Mary today. She will start with the event in Copenhagen 10:00am. And then she will have the event in Aalborg (the opposite end of our country) at. 13:30pm, and then she will end the day with another event in Copenhagen (again in opposite end of the country) at. 17:00pm.

How can she reach that? Must be questions maybe primarily for the Danish members? :)

Here are a video from yesterday's dinner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRiIeFRXR9g

Galleri from kongehuset.dk

Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2014 - Kongehuset

Busy day for Mary.

She started opening the Copenhagen Fashion Summit in the Opera, Copenhagen.
Mary held the opening speech and over 1100 people related to sustainable design were present. Mary is wearing a sustainable dress from Danish Charlotte Eskildsen.

Kronprinsesse Mary åbnede mode-topmøde | Billed Bladet

2:39 minutes long clip from North Jutland's news broadcast. Captain Mary tries to manage a boat safely into port. It goes well... at least most of the time.

tv2nord.dk

Last edited:
The purpose of this summit is sustainable fashion.

It is hardly a secret that textile workers in the countries that produce a lot, if not most, of the clothes we wear are treated more like slaves than employees.
It is unfortunately very common that workers die, from exgaustion, as a result from exposure to chemicals, lung deseases as a result of poor ventilation and not least fire, which is a major hazard in crowded textile factories which are often locked to prevent workers from sneaking away from their place at the machines.
Those who are injured, sick or the relatives after fatal accidents, are lucky if they get any reimbursement at all.
The average wage for a textile worker in Bangladesh, working 56 hours a week is about 20 US cents an hour! - Even in a very poor country, that's a meager salary.

And if that isn't enough, the textile industy is very polluting - and don't care about it...

The mainly western textile retail companies, have only halfheartedly attempted do impose ethical guidelins for their producers and subcontractors, and they have more or less enthusiatically created funds to pay invalided workes, when, when a plant burns down or simply collapse. - But that's more talk than action and many excuses...
So this summit will hopefully increase the awareness about the textile industry, especially among the consumers, that's you and me, and in that way put pressure on the fashion houses. Also, because sustainabillity and ethics is good for business and good pr, it is hoped that this conference will start some initiatives among the retailers and fashion houses. (More or less voluntarily).
I learned today that my favorite store, when it comes to clothes, and where I have bought most of my better clothes all my adult life, is among those who get's their clothes made at plants in Bangladesh where conditions are to put it mildly, less than humane! That has got a lot of coverage here in DK recently. - So in a way it's also up to me to do just a little bit to change that.

Last edited:

It will certainly be a busy day for Mary today. She will start with the event in Copenhagen 10:00am. And then she will have the event in Aalborg (the opposite end of our country) at. 13:30pm, and then she will end the day with another event in Copenhagen (again in opposite end of the country) at. 17:00pm.

How can she reach that? Must be questions maybe primarily for the Danish members? :)

Wow! You are correct!! How did Crown Princess Mary travel to 3 events across the country in a day. Did she travel by local commercial airline, helicopter or private jet?

Wow! You are correct!! How did Crown Princess Mary travel to 3 events across the country in a day. Did she travel by local commercial airline, helicopter or private jet?

She couldn't have reach it with a commercial airplane (as they usual travels with), not when there was less than 2 hours between the events. My best guess is she has flown by helicopter - the same one as the Margrethe also uses. I can't see how she otherwise could have reached all three events.

But perhaps Muhler know more about it :flowers:

She couldn't have reach it with a commercial airplane (as they usual travels with), not when there was less than 2 hours between the events. My best guess is she has flown by helicopter - the same one as the Margrethe also uses. I can't see how she otherwise could have reached all three events.

But perhaps Muhler know more about it :flowers:

You are right a commercial flight is out of the question. The schedule is too tight for commercial flights. When you factor in delays and traffic.
It is possible, but only if everything works absolutely smoothly.

A much more plausibe option is that Mary hitched a ride on a helipcopter to Air Station Aalborg, where the Army Special Forces have their base. Helicopters fly in and out of there all the time, so nothing new there.
My guess is that she this time hitched a ride on one of the faster Fennecs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Fennec
They will have room for Mary, a LiW and two PET officers (or an adjutant) and are small enough to easily land at Kastellet a kilometer or so from Amalienborg.
Then she would have had to time to get a quick bite, refreshen herself and a change of clothes before she was on again.
But still a very busy day.

ADDED: I noticed Mary was again accompanied by an adjutant. He would be the one who would arrange for a helicopter to be on standby.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As you remember Mary visited a home, called Home, for youths who have been placed away from their families and as such they have had their share of issues in their lives.
The residents of the home
Josephine aged 18,
Camilla 16,
Merle 14,
Charlotte 18,
Karina 18,
Patrick 15,
Sabine 19,
had wished for a visit by Mary and that wish was fulfilled.

And now there is Mary's car: "Oh my God (said in English)" - "How wild is that" - "I get tears in my eyes".
After recieving Mary they all went around to the garden belonging to the home and here they sat and listened to three speeches. By Jorun Magnussen (Who seems very much to be the mother of both former and present residents of the home), chairman of the board, Gitte Mai Mostel, who herself is a former resident and finally by one of the residents, Karina.

Gitte Mostel told her story and that led Mary to tear up. Gitte Mostel moved in at Home when she was thirteen and she told of one particular episode that changed her: "Jorun came just when we were leaving and in her hand she held an Easter egg. Don't let it be for me, I prayed inside.
And then she looks at me and reach out her hand to me and says: "It's for you, it's Easter you know". That Easter egg became a part of my destiny. I remember how I cried. I was after all just a little girl with a way too hard a shell. I was overjoyed for that Easter egg and I still remember it.
I know now that my mother did what she could and no one can aske for more. She is no more but she will forever live on in my memory for good or bad. It was a great loss to lose her, now that we just had gotten to know each other.
I'm not just proud today, I'm proud everyday I step inside Home".

On these stories I guess it felt obvious to hug every one of the residents as Mary did when she left.

Afterwards Camilla and Merle told about the visit.
Camilla: "It was utterly fantastic. It really meant a lot to me".
Merle: "We had looked forward and prepared for this for a very long time. So when we stood lined up waiting and the cars came, I thought: It's now...Now, I'm really going to meet her and then the tears just poured out of me".

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks Dazzling,

Here are more pictures :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....661_260221394165284_3506779105381694644_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....408_260221410831949_5722958802988286335_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...680_260221397498617_1558436409682390458_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...140_260221417498615_1528276544530480669_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....811_260221420831948_1558053545166742973_n.jpg

I don't think we should expect many more pictures from this event since it was "only" a orientation visit and the press wasn't allowed inside.

Kronprinsesse Mary mødte unge med sorg | Billed Bladet

Article from BB telling that the visit lasted for several hours (not normal for our royals visit) and Mary met volunteers and join a therapy group for young people with complicated grief. Mary explained to the press that it was a intense experience.

The young people put subsequently an enthusiastic message on their Facebook page:

We had an absolutely fantastic day with our patron HRH the Crown Princess yesterday. The Crown Princess met some of our volunteers and participated in a therapy group for young people with complicated grief issues. It was a great experience for everyone. We look forward to future cooperation!

As you may know Mary herself lost her mother as 25-year-old and has previously stated: - "It was as if the world continued, and I stood still."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom