Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1: Mary's Lady-in-Waiting, Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen
2: Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen at the christening of the "Luna Mærsk", a cargo ship of which she is the godmother
3: The busband of Victoria, Count Frants Erich Bernstorff-Gyldensteen
4 & 5: The Gyldensteen estate in Bogense on the island of Fyn, the home of the Countal couple of Bernstorff-Gyldensteen. A big scale farm is run at the estate.

Attachments

• 73a01lac_guest.jpg.jpg
    73a01lac_guest.jpg.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 1028-1.jpg
    1028-1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Frants Erich Bernstorff-Gyldensteen.jpg
    Frants Erich Bernstorff-Gyldensteen.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 864
  • herregard4xl.jpg
    herregard4xl.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 573
  • herregard5.jpg
    herregard5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 943
Mary's lady in waiting is very pretty. She has a lot of elegance and grace. I love her clothes too. I'm sure she is of great help to Mary.:D

i agree with fashionista. she does her job so well and looks so regal and elegant. i think contess victoria was the perfect person for this kind of job.

does anyone know in which language does she talk to mary? was she born in denmark?

Does princess Alexandra still have a lady in waiting now that she is divorced from Jochim? She still attends official functions and is a part of some charities is she not?

Alexandra does not have a hofdame anymore. She is entitled to her secretary acting as a lady in waiting. ALso CP Mary's hofdame is American and can speak English with Mary as well as help Mary with her Danish because the lady in waiting is married to a Danish nobleman, I believe.

Linda 85

Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen was born as Cynthia Victoria Ames. She comes from the USA, but moved to Denmark when she married the Count (I posted a picture of him in an earlier post above). They have two children – Peter Alexander and Eric Johan.

linda85 said:
Alexandra does not have a hofdame anymore. She is entitled to her secretary acting as a lady in waiting. ALso CP Mary's hofdame is American and can speak English with Mary as well as help Mary with her Danish because the lady in waiting is married to a Danish nobleman, I believe.

Linda 85

Thanks Linda for your response!
I'm guessing whether its a secretary, personal assistant or lady in waiting its all more or less the same thing. Just one more question, is her secretary paid for by the crown?

Lashinka2002,

Her secretary is paid out of the money that the Danish government is paying to Alexandra for her fufillment of royal duties for the crown. I read also that the reason that the Queen gave Alexandra the title Countes of ? (cannnot remember) is for the eventuality of a possible remarriage of Princess Alexandra. This title will give her an identity as she is the mother of two princes who are in line to the throne. I also think that QMII is smart to maintain a good working relationship with Alexandra because she is the mother of the Queen's 2 grandchildren. I admire the way the Danish Royal family has handles this particular situation. I think that QMII learned a big lesson from her British cousins in how to handle divorce. I also further maintain that the Danish press is deplorable in how they are digging up "dirt" on Alexandra and Joachim now. I do understand that it is the same as the gutter press here in the U.S. but I think that the Danish press should take heed and not repeat the same thing that happened to Diana. It would be a shame to have Princess ALexandra and Prince Joachim learn to live in fear of the press. I have heard that the monarchy in Denmark is very close to the people. It would be a shame to comprimise this wonderful institution by making it retreat behind the walls of the castles as the British Royal family has done so well these last many years.

Just my opinions. Have a great rest of the day/night

Linda 85

here are 2 more pics with Mary's very elegant lady in waiting in it (Polfoto/dana)

Attachments

• clipboard113md.jpeg
    clipboard113md.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • clipboard1815cg.jpeg
    clipboard1815cg.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,014
So the ladies-in-waiting are paid out of the royal family money? Who choose the ladies-in-waitings?

Hannelore said:
here are 2 more pics with Mary's very elegant lady in waiting in it (Polfoto/dana)
You are right that she looks very elegant. She has a similar situation with Mary that once she was a foreigner before maried a Danish noble-man then she can share her experience how to cope well in her new country to Mary, that will be very helpful for Mary:).

linda85 said:
Lashinka2002,

Her secretary is paid out of the money that the Danish government is paying to Alexandra for her fufillment of royal duties for the crown. I read also that the reason that the Queen gave Alexandra the title Countes of ? (cannnot remember) is for the eventuality of a possible remarriage of Princess Alexandra. This title will give her an identity as she is the mother of two princes who are in line to the throne. I also think that QMII is smart to maintain a good working relationship with Alexandra because she is the mother of the Queen's 2 grandchildren. I admire the way the Danish Royal family has handles this particular situation. I think that QMII learned a big lesson from her British cousins in how to handle divorce. I also further maintain that the Danish press is deplorable in how they are digging up "dirt" on Alexandra and Joachim now. I do understand that it is the same as the gutter press here in the U.S. but I think that the Danish press should take heed and not repeat the same thing that happened to Diana. It would be a shame to have Princess ALexandra and Prince Joachim learn to live in fear of the press. I have heard that the monarchy in Denmark is very close to the people. It would be a shame to comprimise this wonderful institution by making it retreat behind the walls of the castles as the British Royal family has done so well these last many years.

Just my opinions. Have a great rest of the day/night

Linda 85

Princess Alexandra's new title is Countess of Frederiksborg.

Mary's lady-in-waiting is a princess herself...so beautiful and graceful

she's not a princess, she's married to a danish noble. There's a difference...I believe.

Maybe CPM has been taking strong fashion advices from her lady-in waiting as she developed her style into what it looks like today.

GömdNatt said:
she's not a princess, she's married to a danish noble. There's a difference...I believe.

Mary's Lady-in-Waiting is Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen, she is married to Count Frants Erich Bernstorff-Gyldensteen.

It's explained in the previous page of this thread. :)

I believe Alexandra is still a princess. Her title is HH Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksbourg. I believe she lost the title Her Royal Highness (HRH) upon the divorce. So as princess and a countess she outranks just a countess. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will know.

But Mary's lady in waiting is very chic. She once wore leather pants on an outing with Mary and looked great!:eek:

Mary and her lady-in-waiting must have developed a close bond because mary must depend on her for a lot of things such as advice. Also she is a foreigner as well so she would be helping her adjust.

Alexandra is Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksborg (??)...if she remarries, she will lose the "Her Highness Princess" title and become just a Countess

Mary's has new lady in waiting as of March 1th 2006, her name is Carolyn Heering a wife of Frederick's childhood friend Peter Heering.
She is also mother of a young infant. Her first appearance as Mary's LIW is in Mary potrait event http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=236817&d=1144426560
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=236816&d=1144426560
Just like Countess Victoria, I found that Carolyn also know how to dress nicely (so far;)), I like her attire in ZOO event http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4492/drws119bx.jpg (from http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/2006/04/crown-prince-frederik-and-crown.html.)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=237539&d=1144693166
you can see her in clips here http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning/kendte_og_kongelige/article188862.ece
click the se den kongelige djaevel in left side

Queen Zenobia said:
What happened to Mary's other lady in waiting?

Caroline Heering took the place that Countess Victoria had as Princess Mary lady in waiting

Does she replace Victoria as a lady in waiting, or does Mary now have 2 ladies in waiting?

Does anyone have a clear pic of the monogram that the different ladies in waiting wear? What material are they made of?
In russia the imperial monogram was in diamonds (a friend of mine just sent me a pic of a most-beautiful one... I have to scan it in the proper thread, and I'll link it here, in case anyone should like to see that one also...)

Adry said:
Caroline Heering took the place that Countess Victoria had as Princess Mary lady in waiting
It seems that the Danish princesses (Alex & Mary) both chose people from their age groups, from their own generation, to be their ladies-in-waiting. Good for them, I'd have done exactly the same. In contrast, if I remember correctly, Maxima of the Netherlands's lady in waiting is a woman 'of a certain age', closer seemingly in age to Maxima's mother in law than to Maxima herself.

Which makes me wonder, and I guess it's different for each royal house, how the various members of royal families, especially the 'newer' ones like Mary, pick their person-in-waiting? Wonder what the process is, etc.
Sorry if this has b een asked before, but I'm just curious.

Especially as princess Alexandra once remarked in an interview how lonely the job can be, hence how nice it is one can share it with a sort-of colleague-on-the-job, i.e. the lady-in-waiting. So in other words, to these princesses, having a lady in waiting who they can relate to, seems critical.

Empress said:
Does she replace Victoria as a lady in waiting, or does Mary now have 2 ladies in waiting?

Yes has has replacede Victoria as lady in waiting for CP Mary.

magnik the blue ribbon you se on the left side on Caroline Heering jacket is CP Marys personly monogram.

Back
Top Bottom