A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well in my opinion the fact that they pose for the Press and then pose again in front of their house, waving to the public and showing Christian is enougth to me, being in mind that the little girl is only two days! I think both Mary and Frederick are the Royal couple who show more their little one outside the their home!!! I think we shoould wait and see, IMO we are going to have some beautiful photos of this little Princess soon! And maybe I'am wrong but as far as the Ducht Princess is cocnern we have only saw photos of the little one in the arms of her father and one with the whole family wich we cannot see the little ones face! And they didn't pose for the press either! So we have mucht more of Denmarks little princess IMO!

Last edited:
they show there little one more then whom?
-
FYI The Prince of Orange made 2 clear pictures of his daughter when she was onlya few hours old, the day after that he showed her to the press in the hospital and a few days ago a family picture was released.

-
I think that all royal couples have shown their newborns more then enough to the press, we could see them all and now it is time for them to enjoy their little ones in private, as it is their child, not ours.

Marengo: I think this Royal Couple is the one that shows more their little baby (Christian) but I'am not talking about any other CP Couple in particularly! I think the Ducht Royal family have release the same photos of Mary and Frederick the only one that is missing is the Oficial and family photo that I think it will be out soon! And yes I also think that some Royal couple shown their little ones to the press and to the world sometimes but we really want to see always more!

For me it's a baby it was nice to see her and what ever pictures we see we should all be happy. We also saw the whole family outside their home so we have seen them together.

Congrats to them aww to have a little girl it is a wonderful thing

No official photos yet! I think they want to wait for the little Princess to get stronger and little more robust.

I hope they do release some official photos. Even though Christian is the heir IMO they shouldn't differentiate between the two:flowers:

I was very pleased with all the photos of the new princesses of Holland and Denmark. I thought the parents very generous. Of course, we would like to see updated photos more frequently! Everyone loves new babies.

Why they are waiting for as much time to publish the official photos? With Christian this did not happen,this is strange.I do not think that it is so difficult to do two or three photos to her and to publish it, unless they want to make a Super session of photos, that would not be strange to me….................

I think they might be waiting for everything to fall back to normal, Christian getting used to a little sister, and Mary feeling a little more at ease after the birth, to shoot some pictures.

What I meant by "it took a month for them to publish new pics of Christian" was that, yes, there were new pics the day they showed him to the press, but then one month exactly after the brith, two news pics of him were published.

MissSaga said:
I think they might be waiting for everything to fall back to normal, Christian getting used to a little sister, and Mary feeling a little more at ease after the birth, to shoot some pictures.

What I meant by "it took a month for them to publish new pics of Christian" was that, yes, there were new pics the day they showed him to the press, but then one month exactly after the brith, two news pics of him were published.

MissSaga, there were photos of Christian when leaving the hospital,the same day,when the princes arrived to Palace they took some photos ,and then one month later there were new photos. So the same day that Christian left the hospital we saw the official photos.

Lauritas138 said:
MissSaga, there were photos of Christian when leaving the hospital,the same day,when the princes arrived to Palace they took some photos ,and then one month later there were new photos. So the same day that Christian left the hospital we saw the official photos.

Yes exactly, that's what I thought. I don't really understand why there are still no official pictures of the little girl. You would think they'd have to do the same with the girl, as they did with her big brother, right?

Lauritas138 said:
I was aware, thank you.
But Christian was the heir, special case, maybe ? That could be why it's not the same with this little gal ..

Lauritas138 said:
It is very probable - as MissSaga says - that the instant photo shot last time is not repeated now because the last time it was the next heir who was born.
- or it may be because of any host of other reasons. If there is something parents of newborns know it is that planning with a newborn is difficult. The new baby may be colic, she may be a light sleeper and her parents may be more tired this time and require some more time; her not so big brother may not be up to a photo shot right now. Who knows? It is not like anybody can demand an instant photo shot of them - or of any of the other new royal babies and their families.

UserDane said:
It is very probable - as MissSaga says - that the instant photo shot last time is not repeated now because the last time it was the next heir who was born.
- or it may be because of any host of other reasons. If there is something parents of newborns know it is that planning with a newborn is difficult. The new baby may be colic, she may be a light sleeper and her parents may be more tired this time and require some more time; her not so big brother may not be up to a photo shot right now. Who knows? It is not like anybody can demand an instant photo shot of them - or of any of the other new royal babies and their families.

I am really surprised of which they have not published some photos already because the princes of denmark, specially Mary, are very fond of the photo sessions.

Lauritas138 said:
I am really surprised of which they have not published some photos already because the princes of denmark, specially Mary, are very fond of the photo sessions.

I will take the risk and say this (don´t kill me please :wub:)..I thought in the pictures Mary seems to have more baby weight than she did after Christian - could she be waiting to look her best? However, I think as MissSaga wrote the most likely explanation is that they want some time alone to give Christian a chance to get used to the baby.

eireann said:
I will take the risk and say this (don´t kill me please :wub:)..I thought in the pictures Mary seems to have more baby weight than she did after Christian - could she be waiting to look her best? However, I think as MissSaga wrote the most likely explanation is that they want some time alone to give Christian a chance to get used to the baby.

That's a great explanation--could be!!

Lauritas138 said:
Wow, you really are well-informed. I didn't know that Mary had publicly said that she was fond of photo sessions.
I just thought that Frederik and Mary did with their first-born, what Frederik's parents did when Frederik was born and what Margrethe's parents did when Margrethe was born: showed their newborns.
The innovations that Mary brings to the royal household.....:rolleyes:

eireann said:

In that case we will hope to that Mary becomes thin for she appears beautiful in the photos… but the protagonist of those photos is her daughter. Maxima also got fat much in this pregnancy and she is beautiful in the official photos.

Maybe Mary is carrying a bit more weight than after the birth of Christian...or perhaps she hid it better...remember what she wore leaving the hospital with Christian? A black dress and a green tweed dress coat, very flattering and great for disguising post baby belly...

Compared with this time when she wore a top of a lighter fabric in weight and colour, empire line which accentuates the tummy and no overcoat...I think she looks normal for a woman who has just had a baby and maybe she didn't want to hide the signs of fertility and roundness...A mother of two and proud of it!!!

I think that this time Fred and Mary are being cautious as to what the public gets to know. Last time due to publishing of the pictures so soon afterwards evryone was aware of Christian's jaundice and they had to publish another picture afterwards to ensure that he was doing better. It is possible that like many other parents Fred and Mary want to wait until they are sure that no negative reactions are involved. Although a two week early baby isn't premature, and inspite of 10 score on Apgar test, we don't know how she is faring. So maybe they are going to have a photosession a week later when they are cent percent sure.

Also this princess is third in line to the throne and her parents realize that in Denmark's modern monarchy this position would involve lesser significance. Maybe they are adopting Haakon and MM's strategy to send out the message that she will be a private citizen. You can already see how ML of Norway and Madeleine and Carl of Sweden are minimally involved in royal duties. It is better to do so especially to prevent tabloids from stalking her every step afterwards.

Also irrespective of the affection parents shower on the elder child, in Christian's age embracing the novelty of having a sister does not translate to enjoying it. After all it was just two days later that Mary went back home. Also already much attention must be being given to the little baby and if they are trying to balance it out for Christian to be comfortable with all this, I guess it is ok.

I find it absurd the suggestions that Mary is trying to wait to get thinner or to look more glamorous before posing. If I recall correctly this time round Fred and Mary stayed for the press questions in hospital longer than they did with Christian. And if anyone was following the live coverage, they came in front of the crowds barely five minutes later after reaching home. And they stayed there for other 5 minutes or so. If Mary was so worried about her figure she would have worn darker colours and avoided such long public appearances.

capricorninin said:
I find it absurd the suggestions that Mary is trying to wait to get thinner or to look more glamorous before posing. If .

You are right.

I'm fed up of people who manage to find negative everything is Mary doing.

Relax people, Mary is a happy lucky woman, you have to get used to this.:bang:

And and another point, do you know about photoshop??? She could correct her pics, is she wanted:bang:

I can understand that this delay could be justify by a lot of pertinent justifications, however I think that both children should be treated the same way regarding Protocol actions.

I am in agreement with you, if this goes to criticize to all can be criticized something to all, I do not believe that Mary is as bad as they say, nor the so good others.

biboquinhas said:
I can understand that this delay could be justify by a lot of pertinent justifications, however I think that both children should be treated the same way regarding Protocol actions.

I also believe that they must the same be treated :flowers: Although also I believe that soon we will see more photos of the new daughter of the princes, single lack to have patience.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I cannot believe the many crazy, funny things I'm reading on this thread. Come on guys, it's a free country, and a free forum. Give eireann a break. If people think the photos have not been published because of Mary's weight, then let them think! Why do you always have to run to mary's defence like that? It's just an opinion like many others. Besides, the truth is none of us know why there are still no pictures of the little one, so who knows it's true or not! I have to say for myself I don't think it has anything to do with looks, but it is strange to say the least, that we don't get to see any new pictures of the princess, while we got to see Christian, almost instantly. I sure hope they won't wait that much longer.

I could imagine that the traditional Danish court might make differences between the future crown-prince and his brothers and sisters. Since it´s "only" the second child being born after the future crown-prince they might keep this birth more low profile. F.i. they broadcasted Christian´s baptism even on German TV but I´ m quite sure they won´t do it with the little girls´ baptism...
Specially Queen Margrethe is in my eyes very traditional thinking.

princess leonor said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I cannot believe the many crazy, funny things I'm reading on this thread. Come on guys, it's a free country, and a free forum. Give eireann a break. If people think the photos have not been published because of Mary's weight, then let them think! Why do you always have to run to mary's defence like that? It's just an opinion like many others. Besides, the truth is none of us know why there are still no pictures of the little one, so who knows it's true or not! I have to say for myself I don't think it has anything to do with looks, but it is strange to say the least, that we don't get to see any new pictures of the princess, while we got to see Christian, almost instantly. I sure hope they won't wait that much longer.

Could be nothing to do with Mary's weight, could be why Fredrick was short with the photographers when they asked to see the baby's dark hair,might be the baby's head was damaged during delivery, quite common and no ill effects when some sort of instruments and suction are used during delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom