A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see the little girl! :bounce: Just a couple of minutes and maybe we'll get some photos of her! :clap:

She is sleeping through it all - and is still a smart girl - keeping her left hand firmly between mummy's breasts:lol:
They were asked to take off her cap, but they didn't do it.

An Australian reporter asked the couple what they called her and Mary said "Lillepige" (little girl). Mary also said they hadn't known that they were having a girl.
The couple is leaving the hospital now to go to Fredensborg.

Last edited:
Is it warm in Copeghagen today? But I think is a bit silly to ask them to take off her cap! Of course they put it is because they want the cap to stay in her head! Although if the weather is warm maybe there is no need for a cap!I can't wait to see pictures, Mary should be really happy!

susan alicia said:
the Dutch way of doing things, do not understand what you mean, which things :ermm:

When we all watched the way that the birth happened of the new Dutch princess a couple weeks ago everything was very traditional. As well as historic and similar to how things have been done for years in the Netherlands when it comes to a new royal being born. The little one was presented by the father that was wearing a suit only about 8 hours after it was born. The newborn was dressed in a lace gown that has been used for many decades in the Dutch RF. Then the child was registered a few days later and everything that took place with the new Dutch princess's birth was very traditional and full of standard decorum that has existed for decades in that RF. But in Denmark things were done a little different for this princess. Things were more relaxed and somewhat natural as things would happen for most. Prince Frederik wore nice pants and a collared shirt when talking with the press after the birth but didn't wear a suit. So when people are saying the Dutch way in this sense of it they are referring to the more formal way that the Dutch presented their bundle of joy. It's just a preference thing just two different families with two different ways of doing things. Interesting to me!

No Christian??? I was hoping to see him there, well I'll have to wait for them to do a photoshoot like Christian's when they brought him home.:flowers:

Well from what I can tell she looks a bit like her older brother. Also I think that's the same blanket used when Christian was brought home from the hospital, isn't it?

:flowers: Thanks for all the pictures, they are fantastic.
The lilleprinsesse is so cute. :wub:

What wonderful news!!! Congrats to the the family! I can't wait to see pics of the baby with mary, frederick and christian....

I thought it may be a boy considering the trend has been boys in the family for both Queen and Alexandra - so a beautiful princess in more than 60yrs!!!

Her_Majesty said:

Based on the picture on that site I'd say that it looks like the lillepige has daddy Frederik's nose. :wub: There's something very familiar in her if you think about the baby pictures of Frederik and Margrethe. Well, guess we'll have to wait for the official photo shoot now...

Aurora810 said:
Well from what I can tell she looks a bit like her older brother. Also I think that's the same blanket used when Christian was brought home from the hospital, isn't it?
Yes, I think so too.
She clearly has more hair than Christian had. She looks really cute:wub:

aw, the little princess is very cute. Hope they will release quality photos of her later today just asthey did when prince Christian was born

Princess Mary this time looks to have a bit more weight than the last time she gave birth! But for sure, she will lose weight very quickly!

TV2 is actually uptading everything constantly and also a helicopter is flying through Fredensborg so we can see when they arrive!

Congratulations to Frederik and Mary for this little princess!!

She's so cute! I'm glad it's a girl, we haven't had a little princess for ages.

I just think that it was not necessary to have Caroline Heering there! I think she was not there when Christian was born!!To me she shouldn't be there. Mary looks really happy and smilling all the time! She must be exausted and anxious to be at home!

Was Caroline even the lady in waiting at the time of Christian's birth wasn't it her previous lady in waiting at that time?

Although I think you are right it does seem a little odd/unnecessary to have Caroline there.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
I just think that it was not necessary to have Caroline Heering there! I think she was not there when Christian was born!!To me she shouldn't be there. Mary looks really happy and smilling all the time! She must be exausted and anxious to be at home!
Caroline held the bouquets, drawings etc. which children outside the hospital gave to Mary, so it makes sense that she should be there.
Mary was very gracious showing the little girl to the children outside.

There's a lot of people waiting for them in Fredensborg. I wonder if they'll come out and greet people like the last time....

Anyway, I hope they'll get some peace from the media in the time to come...

Aw...the dog was so happy to see Mary again =)

looks like they're coming out to greet people, with Christian as well

Such a happy little family, joy to them all =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The little princess looks cute. :wub:

She looks so tiny and I think a lot like Mary.

Is it possible to have a photo of Christian and the princess posted together to compare them as they both left the hospital?

(it would be nice to have photos of all the Royal families babies ie Dutch and Belgian etc, leaving the hospitals so we can compare the babies.)

They came outside and wave to the people!!!So cute all of them, a happy and beuatiful family, Christian looks really nice!Love them! I have said that Mary looks a bit more fat than woth Christina but now I can see her again in those black trousers and she looks really well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom