Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, people in Jordan believe their relationship isn't 'normal' just because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...

well some here think that the marriage was like a deal or a supporter for the royalty here cause all of what is going on in the region .. but for me I think Hamzah is not that kind of person

So, people in Jordan believe their relationship isn't 'normal' just because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...

It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)...the Royal Court asked certain people from Basmah's tribe (supposedly Bani Ahmad, which aren't really part of the Otoum tribe as claimed) to attend the ceremony and the lunch hosted by the King, I mean they gave orders on who to attend and who not to attend. The tribe wasn't too thrilled cause they thought that was insulting. Anyway, it is all politics :) :flowers: But I wish them both Happiness, I really hope it lasts and we see a baby boy soon ^_^

well some here think that the marriage was like a deal or a supporter for the royalty here cause all of what is going on in the region .. but for me I think Hamzah is not that kind of person

Then you don't know him :)

It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)
Now this is the saddest thing I've heard in ages, really.... :ermm: Putting political goals over his own happiness, I wonder how he'll end up (if all this is true, of course). ;)

It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)
Now this is the saddest thing I've heard in ages, really.... :ermm: Putting political goals over his own happiness, I wonder how he'll end up (if all this is true, of course). ;)

Think of every single move Hamzah has done over the past 13 years and you will have a feel of how he really thinks :) ;)

Amoula, does all this mean that Hamzah has still not given up the idea of becoming King one day? A yes or no please, I really don't want us to go completely off topic. :flowers:

Amoula, does all this mean that Hamzah has still not given up the idea of becoming King one day? A yes or no please, I really don't want us to go completely off topic. :flowers:

I don't know. I want him to be safe and sound, that's all. Cheers!

IMO Amoula is right. I doubt that PHamzah would marry "just for love". This rushed marriage is certainly a very good move for the JRF at this particular time. If he is also thinking about his own personal future is another question ... I wouldn't exclude it either.
But I hope for a happy future of the couple (and some cute little princes and princesses).

Wait, wait, wait...
I don't understand anything... You talk about Hamzah's wedding as a perfect move for the JRF? Call me naive, if you want, but I really thought this time Hamzah was marrying the one he really loves and you talk about strategical, political movements??? I do not understand... I cannot believe Hamzah can do that... His circumstances are different now from the ones when he married for the first time...Do you really think this man is going to spend his life marrying women because of strategic reasons? Come on...

From what I know is that Hamza did not marry Basma because he loves her. There is a political issue behind this marriage. Amoula I cannot say what I know in here coz some people will not understand what I am talking about. Second thing I don't want to talk about Hamza's private life in here even though I know a lot. I don't believe that hamza really care about marrying a Jordanian girl, I think Royal family don't like Jordanian girls at all but he had to marry basma for some other reasons ;)

Last edited:

NoorMeansLight. Hamza will never give up the idea of becoming a King one day. This is his dream ;)

Okay enough.

If you make a statement regarding Hazmah motives, whether or not he is in love with Basmah, political gain, Hazmah is still trying to be King, etc. you need to provide documentation to support such a statement. If you can't than stop because at this point you are just speculating.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice. Any questions and/or comments should be directed to the TRF mods via Private Message.

Last edited:
stella I think princess haya lives with her mother Princess Noor

Sigh.

Please note that off topic and speculative posts about Princess Haya (if she will live with her father, if Hazmah and Basmah will have children, if Hazmah will see her once or love her once he has said speculative children) have been deleted.

Let's stay on topic.

Congratulations to the couple, I knew about this marriage only today.

I personally find the bride very attractive, she's tall, slim, has a nice smile, and her nose is so beautiful, she looks fresh and so natural, I like that.

I find it harsh when life84 says that jordanian women are less beautiful than Palestinian, Syrian or Lebanese women. That's totally false, ethnically talking, they are from the same poll, especially jordanians and palestininans...and I don't think that Rania was more beautiful than Basma before her plastic surergies and repetitive relookings...also some find Basma a bit masculine, so is Ghida and Rania...aslo Basma seems to had done brillant studies and career as a pilot, she must very hard working.

As for her wedding dress, not the best choice, but the color is stunning, I think that Basma because she was born and lived in Canada, is like any working girl in Europe or West, she's natural, and doesn't take care so much about fashion and jewels like eastern ladies.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple, I knew about this marriage only today.

I personally find the bride very attractive, she's tall, slim, has a nice smile, and her nose is so beautiful, she looks fresh and so natural, I like that.

I find it harsh when life84 says that jordanian women are less beautiful than Palestinian, Syrian or Lebanese women. That's totally false, ethnically talking, they are from the same poll, especially jordanians and palestininans...and I don't think that Rania was more beautiful than Basma before her plastic surergies and repetitive relookings...also some find Basma a bit masculine, so is Ghida and Rania...aslo Basma seems to had done brillant studies and career as a pilot, she must very hard working.

As for her wedding dress, not the best choice, but the color is stunning, I think that Basma because she was born and lived in Canada, is like any working girl in Europe or West, she's natural, and doesn't take care so much about fashion and jewels like eastern ladies.

I don't agree with the last part. Am from the West and all the working ladies I know care a lot about clothes, makeup, etc. Most of them would not walk out of the house without makeup.

I personally do not find her pretty at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I said before, as long as her hubby finds her beautiful that is all that matters;)

I don't agree with the last part. Am from the West and all the working ladies I know care a lot about clothes, makeup, etc. Most of them would not walk out of the house without makeup.

I personally do not find her pretty at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I said before, as long as her hubby finds her beautiful that is all that matters;)

We are not living in the same western world then:lol:, highly educated women in West like Basma: engineers, doctors..., never wear makeup or barely, that doesn't mean they don't take care of theimselves, but there's a way of doing it, few makeup and jewels, strict clothes....but there's lot of women of course who don't go out without wearing makeup or wearing bombastic clothes, but they work in less intellectual positions, like beauticians, secretaries or waitresses...

I prefer to hear you saying she's not pretty and that's your opinion and I respect it, because I myself don't find some royal women beautiful and I say it, but to say of somebody ugly is extremy harsh and rude.

because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...
The late King Hussein and Queen Noor also had a very short courtship andthey were 20 years together. And also people said this marriage was for political reasons and not love.

We are not living in the same western world then:lol:, highly educated women in West like Basma: engineers, doctors..., never wear makeup or barely, that doesn't mean they don't take care of theimselves, but there's a way of doing it, few makeup and jewels, strict clothes....but there's lot of women of course who don't go out without wearing makeup or wearing bombastic clothes, but they work in less intellectual positions, like beauticians, secretaries or waitresses...

I prefer to hear you saying she's not pretty and that's your opinion and I respect it, because I myself don't find some royal women beautiful and I say it, but to say of somebody ugly is extremy harsh and rude.

Obviously not! I hail from the best place on earth, California:D

IMO

Obviously not! I hail from the best place on earth, California:D

IMO

The relationship to body and appearence in California is not like in Europe, people there are more into the cult of performance, appearence and body, just between NY and Cali there's a huge difference...the point is that she was a working girl who lived in Canada, and there, they have more a french/european attitude...When you see for example TV presenters in European channels, basically the french one, and those in Middle east, you can see the difference, don't know if you understand what about I am talking...

To me the best place in the world is Luxemburg:D

How could we say that a whole country's women are pretty or uggly?? It is non sense!
I liked her wedding dress, it is appropriate for an oriental princess, what would we expect from her? To be dressed like a geisha?
And I find her pretty, the total is nice, svelte and smiling, she is not a stunning beauty, but she is a pretty woman.

Well about Me I Don’t See Princess Basmah al hamzah is a Pretty at all , to be Honest I Don’t Like her Look at all , and The thing what I really Objected about Ugly word in my Opinion there is No human is Ugly even Women Or man Because Should Be There is Something is Pretty in the human anything even just one Thing maybe eye , eyebrows , nose , lips , cheeks , Body shape Should Be There is Something Beautiful and we cannot say Ugly Because There is Different Tastes Between each one some see some women very pretty and some see her not pretty at all So No One Can Use This Word , and well I agreed with some here That eastern ladies Care about Fashion and Make up and Clothes & Jewels More Than Western ladies That’s True and you will realize That if you Walk Between east & west Streets Simply you will understand The Difference and No Matter highly educated Or Not , even if engineers Or doctors Womens also care about These Thing in Middle east , and I Think if The Women not care about These Thing Not worth to call her feminine .

Last edited:
who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average, not younger, or cultured, or influential, or from a known family background, she is a pilot among many females pilots, or stylish let alone appropriately dressed, or aware of our tradition, nor rich or beautiful (as some care about this) and there was no love story (other rumors) and she was one of Prince Hamzah's employees.finally they married so fast which wasn't traditional.she is now veiled after not appearing for almost 4months. These are facts not judgements because everything we write is considered speculation and stuff about her that true is being deleted. ! or 2 who wanted to find something good to say about Basmah have resorted to writing mean things about other royals to give her an advantage. if she had anything outstanding there would be no need for that. we should be fair and not give people more credit. seriously the region is changing and people have to be seen for what they really are and not what we are expected to think of them because they have a title.

who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average

Does not she deserve some credit for being the first female aerobatic pilot in the Arab World?!
Plus even if she was not super beautiful or even super rich, Personality is what really matters, Prince Hamza must have seen something in her that we couldn't see that made him choose her as a life partner.
and yea I want to add something, Your Intellectual level should not be judged by your appearance and vise versa, not because I'm living in a certain society that has some certain standards then I should stop wearing makeup to show that I'm smart or something!!, it is a matter of a personal choice in all societies as far as I know!

Last edited:
But LipGloss, she is not the first female pilot in the Arab world :) there were some female before her dear. Yes Hamza have seen a lot in her but unfortunately is not going to last for a long time because what hamza saw in her in the past had changed recently after what happened in Jordan. He married her for a political reason not because he loves her. Well, for us we cannot judge her based on her personality we judge her based on her look because all what we have from her is some pictures. :)

:previous:
I have heard the rumour Prince Hamzah married for political reasons before, but no one really explained what those reasons are. I'd really appreciate if you did. :)
From what I see Hamzah could have gained a lot more from marrying a number of other women.

who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average, not younger, or cultured, or influential, or from a known family background, she is a pilot among many females pilots, or stylish let alone appropriately dressed, or aware of our tradition, nor rich or beautiful (as some care about this) and there was no love story (other rumors) and she was one of Prince Hamzah's employees.finally they married so fast which wasn't traditional.she is now veiled after not appearing for almost 4months. These are facts not judgements because everything we write is considered speculation and stuff about her that true is being deleted. ! or 2 who wanted to find something good to say about Basmah have resorted to writing mean things about other royals to give her an advantage. if she had anything outstanding there would be no need for that. we should be fair and not give people more credit. seriously the region is changing and people have to be seen for what they really are and not what we are expected to think of them because they have a title.

I agree. I don't know why the posts that shows something true and bad about her is being deleted. Like the nose surgery and other stuff. :flowers:

Can"t we just observe and follow along without being judgemental. As life unfolds we will have a much better understanding of what is correct.

Back
Top Bottom