The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Bassmah - Her Royal High-ness

Jordan's Captain Bassmah Bani Ahmad, the Arab world's first female aerobatic pilot, former instructor with Ayla aviation academy and chief pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club, yesterday became a real Royal Jordanian pilot without being involved with the airline as she married His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah Al Hussain.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
NGalitzine, in my opinion, I think she has not been created a princess in her own right, probably she simply got the title by marrying him and,

Adamari, I think she probably gave up his Canadian citinzenship (well, in my opinion it has no sense being a Royal Princess of Jordan and having any other citizenship. Now she is a Canadian born, the same Queen Noor is an American born) Well, this is just my opinion, but I'm not sure how these things work...
Queen Noor had to give up her American citizenship when she married the King. She has not petitioned for reinstatement and remains Jordanian.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I wonder if we're going to see a reception from the groom's side of the family in the coming days, as is customary.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I wonder if we're going to see a reception from the groom's side of the family in the coming days, as is customary.
Does the ceremony happen around the sometime/days of the wedding or do they have to wait for the more bigger wedding? (Hamzah had his big wedding a year later of signing the marriage papers)
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

well according to the statement it is Zifaf (wedding ) and nikah ( signing of marriage contract ) so do not think more events to take place
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Random Royal Appreciation: The First Royal Wedding of 2012

I love the color of the dress but not the dress itself.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
well according to the statement it is Zifaf (wedding ) and nikah ( signing of marriage contract ) so do not think more events to take place
But doesn't a bigger ceremony/party take place for family and friends?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
I did not see any of his sisters, why ??
That's true... I read somewhere some of the members of the Royal family attended the wedding but in the pictures we just can see Queen Noor, Queen Rania, King Abdullah and Prince Hashim. Where are Prince Hamzah's sisters? I'd like to see them...
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Does the ceremony happen around the sometime/days of the wedding or do they have to wait for the more bigger wedding? (Hamzah had his big wedding a year later of signing the marriage papers)

If I'm not mistaken, last time they waited so long because the couple were still busy wrapping up their studies.

The length of time between the private and public reception does vary from couple to couple. Prince Feisal and Princess Sara's reception took place a few months after the religious wedding.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hamzah marriage ceremony attended by royals and other guest was cause of his position as CP ; I think he does not need celebrations maybe family one took place ; but as mentioned the statement mentioned Zifaf and not tie not only . As for family please note that Bani in Jordan means referring to big tribe so her family " Bani Ahmad " you can find also Bani Hani for example referring to another tribe .
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
If I'm not mistaken, last time they waited so long because the couple were still busy wrapping up their studies.

The length of time between the private and public reception does vary from couple to couple. Prince Feisal and Princess Sara's reception took place a few months after the religious wedding.

I agree with xavi .. I don't think they are planning for a celebration because according to Petra the lunch Banquet was for their wedding.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hamzah marriage ceremony attended by royals and other guest was cause of his position as CP ; I think he does not need celebrations maybe family one took place ; but as mentioned the statement mentioned Zifaf and not tie not only . As for family please note that Bani in Jordan means referring to big tribe so her family " Bani Ahmad " you can find also Bani Hani for example referring to another tribe .

I agree with you... Probably, when Hamzah married for the first time, they did a big celebration because he was the CP by then and now, probably they have preferred something more private... It makes sense to me. I don't see Hamzah making a celebration again as the first one...
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM

she's beautiful but not extremely beautiful any way guess prince Hamza is not the type of any typical eastern man who always prioritize beauty over personality in his future wife
that's what I've noticed in the choice of king Hussein's sons when it comes to finding the good wife they pick some of everything beauty brain personality eloquent confident modesty lovable girls they just don't focus on extreme beauty
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Queen Noor had to give up her American citizenship when she married the King. She has not petitioned for reinstatement and remains Jordanian.
No dear. There is noway for an American born to give up her citizen. Not even the American government or the American President can take away the American citizen for an American born. I don't know where you heard this but I am positive that it is not true that Queen Noor gave up her American citizen.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I say they are not planning for a celebration because of what is going on the region.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

girls there is a channel Zwena Baldna had put a video of the ceremony where the King signed and drank coffeee then kissed Hamzah ; then pics of lunch where I saw king , Hamzah , father and grandfather of basma receiving guests , no pics of women at all
Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Xavi,
Do u know at what time they will show it again?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

no but it was posted at 9:55 see tomorrow at same time ; you must see how he gave her the ring ; he said something that she truly laughed obviously they were as if no camera is there
Old 01-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Gentry

She looks great! It's a mistake that she's born 1985. She's 32 years old.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
no but it was posted at 9:55 see tomorrow at same time ; you must see how he gave her the ring ; he said something that she truly laughed obviously they were as if no camera is there
I watched the video!!!!! very nice
You are right about PH xavi .. they both look soooooooo happy.