The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2015, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

The look on Beatrice's face in this picture
Pierre Casiraghi e Beatrice Borromeo, le foto mai viste del matrimonio dell’anno | People

Old 07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pics! I have to take time to see them all!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Valentino is a huge, talented and worldwide recognized designer, one of the greatest in the world.
Marta Ferri' s dresses are some of them fresh nice and acceptable, but nothing more. If she was not the wife of Carlo Borromeo and with sisters in law four beautiful, rich, well known and socially extremely well implemented by blood and by alliances, very few people would know her designs.

Same with Bea, if she weren't related to the Agnelli/Marzotto families, she wouldn't have been hired as a 'journalist' and TV host. Lots of beautiful, well educated and smarter girls around. Marta isn't much of a fashion designer, she will probably shut her business sooner or later like Lavinia Elkann did. No matter who you are or whom you are linked to, if you've got no talent, your business will die out itself.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Courtier

^It must be so miserable to always be so negative about people.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said Tosca.
We were had a civil wedding (important due to the money both families have).
This is completely forgotten because of bling bling wedding and guests.

Not even a picture of Princess Caroline alone.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Well said Tosca.
We were had a civil wedding (important due to the money both families have).
This is completely forgotten because of bling bling wedding and guests.

Not even a picture of Princess Caroline alone.

Why would we have a picture of Caroline alone ?
Old 07-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Majesty

I loved Beatrice's wedding looks. Her purple dress was so regal and fairytale like and her evening gown was incredibly stunning.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

To see her wonderful yellow dress....
As Mother of the Groom and in Monaco she was the most important Royal.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

Someone seems confused on being negative and being factual. Misrepresentations need to be faced with honesty and one of the key values of this forum is that you can get genuine insights from locals.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Same with Bea, if she weren't related to the Agnelli/Marzotto families, she wouldn't have been hired as a 'journalist' and TV host. Lots of beautiful, well educated and smarter girls around. Marta isn't much of a fashion designer, she will probably shut her business sooner or later like Lavinia Elkann did. No matter who you are or whom you are linked to, if you've got no talent, your business will die out itself.
I agree that Beatrice wouldn't have been on tv if it weren't for Mr. Santoro's "fun" idea to put a "communist" noblewoman on his show who should have been the voice of her generation (! - 41% youth unemployment these days)...but it backfired. She was made fun of (some criticism was justified) and no matter how hard she works it will always be difficult for her to be taken seriously. She is aware of it as she has said in various interviews.
But I must disagree on Marta Ferri's talent as a designer. She is still at the very beginning of her career, and no doubt the family she comes from and her connections have helped her put her on the map (big time) but I do believe she is talented and original. She makes high quality dresses (check the seams on her frocks and the quality of the fabrics!) that are timeless, yet fun and young. But it's a question of taste: if people prefer to buy Prada or Prada wanna-be designers they probably won't like Marta's colorful, chic, creations. I don't think she will shut her business soon.
Same thing for Lavinia's now-defunct children collection (BLav). There is no market for it in Italy. She made beautiful little things comparable to those of Marie-Chantal's collection, but, honestly, look at Italian little girls: they're wearing Hello Kitty pink, glittered tops with llace eggings and crocs on their feet... Who's going to buy a sweet pinafore dress these days?? I'm afraid we are getting OT but Lavinia's work for Trussardi, Guzzini and Poltrona Frau is very good in my opinion (the bag La Vie still remains one of my favorite purses that I use day after day)!

There shouldn't be such negativity around. It's a wedding! Let's be happy that we can pour over those pictures we have! Just because they belong to a princely family they don't have a duty to show us detailed pictures of their dresses and for what ? So that we can criticize them? So what if we don't have pictures of Princess Caroline yellow dress? I see a happy, beautiful face smiling in the group picture and that should be enough!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Commoner

I can't wait for the religious wedding on Saturday at the Isolino de San Giovanni and see glimpses (hopefully? of the glamourous Agnelli,Borromeo,Casiraghi and Grimaldi clans .this is a match of beauty and old money. I am expecting tiara but of which and whom? :)
Old 07-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I can't wait for the religious wedding on Saturday at the Isolino de San Giovanni and see glimpses (hopefully? of the glamourous Agnelli,Borromeo,Casiraghi and Grimaldi clans .this is a match of beauty and old money. I am expecting tiara but of which and whom? :)
Amen to that.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post

I went through a series of photos, mostly of wedding guests on a yacht and Pierre diving into the sea.

But I saw no photo of Beatrice.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

She's standing on the steps at the top of the slide when Pierre dives down.
Yellow hat, blue dress.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
Thanks for this... I am trying to verify your info but so far only found references to her father living at the Isolino (previously residence of Toscanini), not actually owning the place. Please share your source as I'm interested
The history links here, such as they are, provide little detail but do say the Borromeos have owned the isles since the 1500s. Isola Madre history
Old 07-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
She's standing on the steps at the top of the slide when Pierre dives down.
Yellow hat, blue dress.
Got it...thank you!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The history links here, such as they are, provide little detail but do say the Borromeos have owned the isles since the 1500s. Isola Madre history
Thank you Admirer for your positive effort to inform, however, if you go through the previous exchange on this subject you'll see that you may have missed something or it did not transpire properly. I haven't put in question the Borromeo family ownership of the isles, but the ownership of Beatrice's father, who is the cadet son. I did ask clarifications on the source and am waiting.

Funny pic of news, am not in the position to say whether it's true or just a joke, they claim that Beatrice Borromeo has worked as journalist doing a telephone interview on the day of her wedding:
Beatrice Borromeo e Pierre Casiraghi, al matrimonio lei lavora
Old 07-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Cover of Hola
nice that they used the national outfits of Monaco
http://i59.tinypic.com/2hdcf9z.jpg
Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Wow, first time we've seen the bride and groom in the Monegasque national costumes they wore to the garden picnic...I love it!

Perfect.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Administrator

As Hola has that special pic with the national costumes on the cover, it makes me hope that we'll see more pics we haven't seen yet! Thanks for sharing, polyesco!