The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Finally! The couple look beautiful, I'm really fond of Beatrice's dress and the flowers in her hair.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Lovely Valentino dresses!! Tanks to Giancarlo Giammetti for the picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
These sisters has no tittle and belong to the poorest side of the family....
That's not correct. Isabella, Lavinia and Matilda are titled. Beatrice isn't because she was born out of wedlock. Carlo Ludovico as the only boys should be the title heir but he was also born out od wedlock so I'm not sure how that works...

Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The Valentino's dress is very pretty but I am afraid it doesn't look better on Beatrice... I was expecting a more figure hugging dress!

Beatrice Borromeo e Pierre Casiraghi, abito lungo bianco e argento per la sposa la notte della festa (FOTO, VIDEO)

video of the couple arriving at the evening reception. (Beatrice is wearing a new dress again!)
Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Hold on! Let me clarify!

1) The woman in the pink dress with the white fringed headpiece is Marta Ferri, Carlo Ludovico Borromeo's (Beatrice's brother) wife. She's a young, very talented designer
2) Paola Marzotto is Beatrice and Carlo Ludovico's s mother (also a designer) and EX-MISTRESS of the senior Carlo Borromeo (Beatrice's father).
3) Marta Marzotto is Paola's mother, and therfore Beatrice's grandmother. She's had a very colorful life herself. Her son Matteo Marzotto (Beatrice's uncle) is basically the owner of the Maison Valentino.
4) Carlo Borromeo's wife, Marion Sybil Zota, mother of Isabella, Lavinia and Matilde Borromeo (Beatrice's half sisters) was not present as far as I know to the wedding.

I hope it's clear...wives and mistresses didn't mingle...!
At 3: in 2007 part of the ownership in Valentino was sold to Permira, a British private equity firm, for 2.6 billion Euro. Part of Hugo Boss was sold too (a daughter firm of Valentino). Earlier this year the Marzotto family acquired shares in Hugo Boss again but owns only 7%, in no way the majority it had until 2007. But with 2.6 billion Euro in cash on the bank account, plus bulking with shares from a whole diversity of Italian companies, it is clear the Marzotto family, like the Borromeo family, are no exactly pauvre...

Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
First pics of the married couple in the civil ceremony (and the wedding dress!)
https://instagram.com/p/5mNnD0zJ15/?taken-by=privategg

EDIT: The dress is by Valentino and so is the dress she wore to the evening gala. Both sketches wore posted in Maison Valentino's instagra but were suddenly removed!
Here it is one:
https://41.media.tumblr.com/b22e4f2c...isko1_1280.jpg

EDIT2: Another pic
https://36.media.tumblr.com/2b65b1f7...nnlo1_1280.jpg
Lovely couple!
They look very happy and beautiful.

I wonder where they will live.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The bride's family are not the owners of the isles. They belong to the affluent side of the Borromeo family, whose chief was Conte Giberto Borromeo Arese, uncle of Beatrice and her sisters, who passed away in February. The family chief is now his son, Vitaliano Borromeo Arese. They are the affluent and key part of the family, run several businesses including the steel industry, always maintained a low profile and rarely appear on the media. The Borromeo sisters belong to the poorest side of the family. Their father has a farm in Lomellina, South of Milan. Marrying all these girls appropriately was an issue for their father, and he succeeded. Most of them have no titles as born out of wedlock(daughter and son of Paola Marzotto). Beatrice has no titles. Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese - La Stampa

Even Pierre is the son of a non-titled commoner. I understand the interest but to try and elevate this to a royal wedding is overstepping it.

Both Beatrice and Pierre are commoners by continental standards.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Lapalissiano....
Financial figures may need a closer check
Interview to economy professor summarising the history of Marzotto Group, changes in management style and recent troubles
Marzotto, decadenza di una dinastia | Vvox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Even Pierre is the son of a non-titled commoner. I understand the interest but to try and elevate this to a royal wedding is overstepping it.

Both Beatrice and Pierre are commoners by continental standards.
Am fully with you and this ultimately is what I was trying to say
Old 07-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Juliette , I agree the 3 sisters are titled just not Beatrice.

I have no answer ro my question .
Why all the civil weddings in Monaco : Junot, Casiraghi, Hannover ? Ducruet ??
Andrea and Pierre ???
Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Andrea and Pierre ???
It is part of the monegasque law: I guess it is so in order to remain in the line of succession the partners are required to wed both in a civil and religious ceremony...
Old 07-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That's not correct. Isabella, Lavinia and Matilda are titled. Beatrice isn't because she was born out of wedlock. Carlo Ludovico as the only boys should be the title heir but he was also born out od wedlock so I'm not sure how that works...
I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The bride's family are not the owners of the isles. They belong to the affluent side of the Borromeo family, whose chief was Conte Giberto Borromeo Arese, uncle of Beatrice and her sisters, who passed away in February. The family chief is now his son, Vitaliano Borromeo Arese. They are the affluent and key part of the family, run several businesses including the steel industry, always maintained a low profile and rarely appear on the media. The Borromeo sisters belong to the poorest side of the family. Their father has a farm in Lomellina, South of Milan. Marrying all these girls appropriately was an issue for their father, and he succeeded. Most of them have no titles as born out of wedlock(daughter and son of Paola Marzotto). Beatrice has no titles. Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese - La Stampa
Well that's even better. Being able to use the islands for your parties and holidays but not having the burden of owning, maintaining etc.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Marty No religious ceremony for the Casiraghi and Hannover wedding.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

I'm not surprised about the lack of photos, we have to wait for Bea and Pierre to release ones.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified.
Hi Debbies - I agree, Carlo Ferdinando is a cadet son, so no argument there. But I can confirm that the three sisters are titled and Beatrice isn't. They have all confirmed this in various interviews, I can give you sources if you like. Lavinia, Isabella and Matillde are "Donnas". Carlo Ludovico shouldn't carry a title either but since he is the only male son I was wondering if there's an exception, maybe not.

True about the Marzotto and Valentino business situation. Still, the Borromeos retain a very close relationship with the maison.

Depending on the law of each country a separate civil and religious ceremony are required (provided you wish to have a religious one). In some countries the religious ceremony is valid also for the "civil" side, in others isn't so two separate ceremonies are required.
Princess Caroline and Stefano Casiraghi's wedding was only civil because I believe that she hadn't received annulment form the Catholic Church's Sacra Rota of her marriage to Junot, yet. Albert, Andrea and Pierre will all have had both a civil and religious ceremony.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Marty No religious ceremony for the Casiraghi and Hannover wedding.

Caroline was still married with Phillipe Junot for the catholic church at the time of her wedding with Stefano... they could marry only legally because she had obtained divorce civilly, th sacra rota was still deciding on whether to annulled the sacrament. Ernst of Hannover was divorced too, so no religious wedding was possible at that time. Hope it is clear enough
Old 07-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

They certainly are publicity seeking but try to appear not to. For example, the only instagram that appears miraculously is valentinos?
The video of guests going to the hotel de paris, so many women just clomping about in their long dresses and heels! Charlotte does not look very healthy, IMO.
I do remember Lavinia wedding on the island and how it was her uncles
Old 07-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Andrea and Pierre ???
Ask Caroline & Stephanie dear....
Old 07-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hi Debbies - I agree, Carlo Ferdinando is a cadet son, so no argument there. But I can confirm that the three sisters are titled and Beatrice isn't. They have all confirmed this in various interviews, I can give you sources if you like. Lavinia, Isabella and Matillde are "Donnas". Carlo Ludovico shouldn't carry a title either but since he is the only male son I was wondering if there's an exception, maybe not.

True about the Marzotto and Valentino business situation. Still, the Borromeos retain a very close relationship with the maison.
Thank you Juliette. To be picky, "donna" is not exactly a noble title but a "honorary treatment". It simply means that a woman belings to a noble family. What I meant with having no titles in fact is that they are not countess, baroness, etc.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

I found this interview with Vitaliano Borromeo, cousin of Beatrice and head of the family: La ricetta di Vitaliano Borromeo per il rilancio del Lago Maggiore: “Cultura, turismo e moda di qualitÃ*” - La Stampa

He says: the religious wedding will be on the lake, but my cousin Beatrice and her boyfriend Pierre Casiraghi want privacy on the site where the ceremony will be celebrated, while the reception is decided, it will be at the Rock of Angera
Old 07-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you Juliette. To be picky, "donna" is not exactly a noble title but a "honorary treatment". It simply means that a woman belings to a noble family. What I meant with having no titles in fact is that they are not countess, baroness, etc.
Thanks Debbie, I appreciate this kind of "pickiness"!!! I think we are in agreement on everything!