The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The youtube user that uploaded the (now no longer online) video posted on the previous page has uploaded an even longer and higher quality set of videos.

I made a playlist that lists all the parts as they're hard to find in order.

Thank you very much for that wbenson. I remember some members were looking for the whole footage.

..... Her wedding dress is the most beautiful one and following up information it has been on sale or exhibited. It is a pity for it was the most beautiful wedding dress in the world.
Diana's wedding dress is still on display at Althorp House, where it remains, apart from the occasional touring exhibition. It can be seen by the public between 01 July & 31 August every year during the opening season.

Last edited by a moderator:
The youtube user that uploaded the (now no longer online) video posted on the previous page has uploaded an even longer and higher quality set of videos.

I made a playlist that lists all the parts as they're hard to find in order.

Do you mean me? lol I stopped coming online for a while cause of computer problems anyways back on topic can't beleive it's been so long since the wedding feel just like yesterday.

Having seen this dress close up many times (at least 7) I can say that the whole gown is made of the same silk fabric. The central panel does have antique lace mounted over the silk but the colour match is excellent. The effect you asked about is purely the light & shadow from the surroundings.
:flowers:
Since I asked the original question might as well reply. It seems it was just the shadow from the surrounding figures you can especially notice it in the video when she moves during the closeup of the dress.

Wow it's been 27 - years already! I hope the person who buys the slice doesen't eat it.

Wow it's been 27 - years already! I hope the person who buys the slice doesen't eat it.

Reminds me of that ep of "Seinfeld" where Elaine succombs to an office cake craving and eats a slice of the original Wallis Simpson and (former) Edward VIII wedding cake!

I loved that episode of Seinfeld!! I'm surprised Elaine survived her expensive treat.

There was a member here who was selling a piece of C&D wedding cake, I think. I wonder if that was his/her piece.

i never knew that diana bow to the queen on her wedding day anyway thanks good pics

So I had never seen this picture before.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2gxpa1w.jpg
ETA: I put the link up instead of direct linking cause I was worried I was killing the site's bandwidth.
I took a look at the official photos and I came to the conclusion that it was taken from that set.

I never saw that picture before either.

Trying to answer a reference question about Diana's wedding!

Hi everyone! New to the forums; thought this would be a great place to post a question.

I'm trying to help a patron with a reference question that I thought would be easy! Patron wants to know who gave a reading at Diana's wedding - he says he was a member of the House of Lords (he believes) and that he was also a Methodist minister.

I have looked online today, and print sources, for a listing of those who gave readings at the wedding, and I'm coming up empty handed! I have searched for the wedding program, for a transcript, everything I can think of.

I did find the name of the Archbishop who presided over the wedding, but that's not what he wants.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
Jennifer

Hi
The reading was by George Thomas who was speaker of the house of Commons.
He was a friend of Prince Charles and gave the reading on love from Corinthians.

Mermaid and Glassary thank you for your responses! Upon further searching, it does look like George Thomas (Lord Tonypandy) is who my patron is looking for!

Thanks again; I appreciate it!!

I live to watch TV was the first royal wedding, the wedding of Diana and Charles. The world has a different track echoes his wake. I think many people agree with me. It was like a dream and the dream of all the details were ...​

thanks queenofthelight, the 1st pic is great, she looks happy.

I love Diana, she is so beautiful and her wedding ceremony is the most beautiful event that i can remember. I feel so sorry for what has happen to them.
:flowers: Unforgetable moment ever and forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her wedding dress.Of course it has some mistakes,but in general is a fairy tale wedding dress.She is really a beautiful bride:flowers:

I saw Princess Diana's wedding dress at the exhibition in 2004. It was a beautiful wedding dress but I heard it was supposed to be like a fairytale wedding dress. I also saw her shoes, and umbrellla (she never used it), etc. I can't remember what else but my jaw dropped when I saw her wedding dress.

the diana and Charles' wedding was the wedding of year. my mother told me that these wonderful wedding was seen all world,
i've seen the diana' dress wedding. it's so beautiful that dress.It's a dream to wear that dress that is a dream.
who was the stylist?

Elizabeth and David Emanuel designed the dress. They wrote a book about it. The dress was made in the typical style of the Emanuels, and Diana liked that style of dressing at that time.

I also think Diana had a lot of influence from her mother in that big collared, satelite dish hat look. If you look at what Mrs Shand Kydd wore to the wedding, It's almost interchangeable with what Diana was wearing thoughout the engagement and early years of the marriage.

That style of dress was also what young women of the British upper class wore at the time- it was the style of the Sloane Rangers as they were called.So Diana was of her time and place with regards to dressing that way.

I'm pretty sure the veil was not cut. It seems to me that in many regular weddings the veil is just folded back, but they must have removed her tiara and put the veil folded back under it. Just a guess.

That is a very interesting auction site! I wish I could have found out how much that sign went for.

I read in the book by the Emanuels "A Dress for Diana" that Barbara Daly, the makeup artist for the wedding, carried a small pair of scissors with her to cut off the front part of the veil while the bride and groom were out of sight signing the registers. The job went to Daly because only one "extra" person was allowed to be present at that bit of the ceremony, and the Emanuels felt it should be the makeup artist in case Diana's makeup needed retouching after the long ceremony under hot lightning. The didn't want to risk disarranging the rest of the veil by removing the tiara at that point, so the front layer of the veil was just cut away. (With hindsight, it might have been better if it had been the hairdresser who was there at that time, to do a bit of emergency tonging - poor girl, how she did wilt under all that veil!)

The wedding as such was lovely but I strongly disagree about the weddingdress. It one of the worst royal weddingsdresses ever. Diana looks like an overdone miserably failed weddingcake. In addition to the lack of style and moderation, the designers (or Diana herself) choose a silk that required an iron all the way up the aisle.

I was really sorry for her, she looked horrible. The designers and the hair dresser should ashamed of themselvs.

Back
Top Bottom