The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
hmm..Im afraid I dont know about that. But I would think that a few cameras will be allowed.
Thanks *~Humera~*

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The schedule for the wedding on Saturday April 9
from the BBC

Civil Ceremony - Midday
Blessing - 2:30 pm
Reception - 3:30 pm

thanks for info!

how will air USA?

Sara Boyce

They don't usually have live coverage of royal wedding receptions. There may be some photos released later, but I doubt they'll have TV cameras there.

sara1981 said:
thanks for info!

how will air USA?

Sara Boyce

im sure American networks will cover the wedding. Just keep an eye out for the coverage early Saturday morning. Starting maybe around 7:30am. I dont know if you get CBC Newsworld, thats a Canadian network, they're supposed to start their coverage at 8 am.

btw..I should add that the timing might be different for you depending on which part of the US you live in.

Last edited:
Sorry,anyone from Australia know that will 7 and 9 still cover the Wedding after it change to Saturday?

Because i just read the pragramms from channel 7 but they have not changed yet, all the coverage still on Friday.I hope they will still cover the Wedding.

As of 4.00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon neither Channels 7 nor 9 had committed to covering the wedding now that it has been moved.

SBS is covering the funeral.

Neither 9 or 7 have live shows scheduled for Saturday night so hopefully they will change their schedules and show the wedding but if they don't I will rely on SkyNews and the BBC to give some coverage - an advantage to having Pay TV I suppose.

I hope that they will cover the Wedding.So i could record both this historic Wedding and also the funeral of our great Pope John Paul II.

no channels have updated when they will cover the funeral of the pope or when they will show the wedding of Charles either.. They said that the Funeral service will start at 6pm Sydney time, been 10am in Italy on the News

~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're welcome:)
The times listed are local London times, since I got them from the BBC.
I happen to know that CBC Newsworld was going to cover the wedding from 8 am Friday morning. Since the wedding has now been moved to Saturday, Im sure we can count on them to cover it that morning. Their coverage of events like this is so much better than CNN and others. I'll keep checking their online program schedule and will post it here once it's available. Right now they still have the wedding listed in the Friday morning schedule.

Thanks ~*~Humera~*~ for clarifying and for staying on top of the wedding coverage all around the globe!

CBC Newworld will also air highlights of the wedding later on Saturday

6:30 p.m. The Royal Wedding - Charles and Camilla
Highlights of Royal Wedding - A 90-minute edition highlights the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles

Well Alexandria, I've erased both posts.
The wedding will be aired on both CBC NEWSWORLD and the main CBC network starting at 9 am on Saturday morning.
CBC Newsworld, however, will start airing pre-wedding coverage at 7 am.
I'll re-post the details of the coverage here:

The Royal Wedding - Charles and Camilla
Saturday, April 9, 2005
CBC Newsworld - 7: 00 am E.S.T
CBC main network - 9:00 am E.S.T

- Live coverage of the religious service of prayer and dedication for Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.

Coverage will begins with Smith reporting on events leading up to Charles and Camilla’s civil ceremony and the blessing ceremony. We'll capture the excitement of the crowds lining the streets, as well as the media frenzy; everyone arriving for both ceremonies; and the movement between the civil and blessing ceremonies. Smith will also talk to some of the royal watchers gathered to watch this extraordinary event. The blessing ceremony will be carried live in full.

again, im sorry if i've completely confused everyone

Last edited:
The Funeral for the Pope in Sydney will be shown on SBS at 6pm Friday..

nothing updated on the wedding??

Today is already Wednesday,i just have a look in both channel 7 and 9 but the wedding coverage still put on Friday.I hope they will still cover it on Saturday.

actually it was said that neither channel 7 or 9 wouldn't cover now the wedding since it was scheduled for Friday and cause of the funeral, will see, if they announce anything for those who want to watch the wedding...

Sydney TV

Both channels 7 and 9 are still showing the wedding as Friday evening on their websites.

Whoever said that the internet allowed instant updates?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Well Alexandria, I've erased both posts.
The wedding will be aired on both CBC NEWSWORLD and the main CBC network starting at 9 am on Saturday morning.
CBC Newsworld, however, will start airing pre-wedding coverage at 7 am.
I'll re-post the details of the coverage here:

again, im sorry if i've completely confused everyone

No worries ~*~Humera~*~. :) Thank you for your numerous attempts to at least keep all of us updated on the wedding's broadcast.

I've also erased my previous post which quoted one of your television times to eliminate confusion.

I posted this earlier but in the wrong forum.

I live in the central time zone in the United States (Tennessee) and checked out the line up for WE channel. :)

The schedule has coverage of the royal wedding at these times:
6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday
3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
1 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday.

If the 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday time is true, then I think the network will cover the wedding live. ;)
An ad on the station said the one-hour show is a special about C&C.

rere said:
I posted this earlier but in the wrong forum.

I live in the central time zone in the United States (Tennessee) and checked out the line up for WE channel. :)

The schedule has coverage of the royal wedding at these times:
6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday
3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
1 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday.

If the 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday time is true, then I think the network will cover the wedding live. ;)
An ad on the station said the one-hour show is a special about C&C.

thanks for info!

what about my hometown Arkansas for coverage of Prince Charles and Camilla? but i wanted to see the wedding!

Sara Boyce

WE is relatively rare in the US. BBCAmerica less so. But they will have live coverage on CNN and MSNBC. I think starting at 7 AM EST.

Australian TV

All the program websites are STILL showing the wedding coverage being on Friday night!

It's so strange Warren.I think they will change into Saturday but they spend lots of time for surfing during these hot days so much and forget change on the internet.

Warren,i just go to Prime channel page,it still put the wedding coverage on friday night in the tv programmes,but in the front page of Prime it already change into Saturday 9p.m.
It's so greatttttttttttttt that they will cover it!!!!!!!!
http://www.primetv.com.au/i-cms.isp

I just hope that if Prime is covering it in rural areas then Channel 7 will in Sydney.

At least I can get my mother to tape Prime and I can do SkyNews and we can compare notes later.

Sydney!

Channel 9, 8.40pm Saturday

Just announced!

Channel 7, 9pm Saturday.

Last edited:
and the ABC for the blessing only.

Hooray!!!

Which channel to watch and which to tape ??

sara1981 said:
that fine with me i will kept eye! but i have WE and BBC american on dish what time central for both wedding blessing?

Sara Boyce

sara I dont think you should panic. American networks like CNN may pretend at times to dislike the royals but they always cover important events involving them.

Here's a useful link and info on when coverage begins, as expected, they have a line of correspondents and "analysts" lined up:
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/royal.wedding/

ON AIR: Watch CNN for live coverage starting at 1000 GMT Saturday, April 9 with correspondents Anderson Cooper, Richard Quest, Becky Anderson, Walter Rodgers, Matthew Chance and Paula Hancocks and royal analyst Robert Jobson

Back
Top Bottom