Royal Wedding in Sultanate of Deli, North Sumatera, Indonesia, Southeast Asia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tengku Dicky

Commoner
City
Medan
Country
Indonesia
this is the link to the Youtube video of The Royal Wedding in Sultanate of Deli
(I suggest you to watch it in high quality mode)

Istiadat Malam Berinai (Deli Royal Wedding 2013) - YouTube

The Royal Wedding between
Her Royal Highness Tengku Munashidda Delikhan binti Tengku Hamdy Osman Delikhan Al Haj titled Tengku Raja Muda Deli
and
Ilhamsyah Harahap bin Haji Ishak Harahap

chapter >> Istiadat Malam Berinai (Night Ceremony for using Henna)
place >> Balairung Seri Istana Maimoon (Great hall of Maimoon Palace)
time >> 08.00 pm kamis, 25 April 2013 (8.00 pm thursday, 25th April 2013)

here you can watch about, Majlis Istiadat Malam Berinai Pengantin Diraja or Ceremony of Berpacar (Berinai) is held simultaneously at the bride’s house and the groom’s house. Usually it is held on the night before the wedding day. In the historical past the ceremony is carried on top of a platform or bedstead of the bride or groom. However due to changing circumstances and situation the ceremony has been adapted to suit prevailing condition, and is now performed at the Audience Hall or on the bridal dais placed in a suitable location in the house.

On the day before the ceremony, the groom’s sit would sent to the bride’s side The essential goods needed for the occasion such as henna leaves, cutting knives with golden hill, a golden bowl, perfumes and scents. The bride’s side would reciprocate by sending over to the groom the same articles as above including sweetmeat and cakes and the like wrapped up in silat leaves, shapes into small thumb like sizes. All these items are placed in brass trays laced and decorated and carried by maids dressed in ceremonial attire and accompanied by several ladies of rank.

She is the daughter of Raja Muda Deli (Regent of The King of Deli)

Thank you. Would that be Tengku Hamdy Osman Deli Khan*? I can't seem to find a lot of information about the Sultanate of Deli and it's (former) Ruling family.

(* Wikipedia)

Last edited:
In December,I visit the palace and I see that her throne seat(the bride) was amazing

Back
Top Bottom