Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the queen did not wear a brooch in her outfit this must be a first

Chelsy is wearing black, they both seem to have dressed in dull colours for the wedding!

They both obviously tried to look anything but the/a bride... I guess they both stayed behind so not to take the attention off the bride and that's why they chose so sober clothes. It is definately difficult for them, especially Kate as she was there without William, so must be counted not as "family" but as a "friend" and she tried to behave accordingly.

Last edited:
Kate looks like she's at a funeral!
If my boyfriend got me to attend his first cousin's wedding, so that he could go to another country to attend his ex girlfriend's brother's wedding, I'd be pretty unhappy too.

If my boyfriend got me to attend his first cousin's wedding, so that he could go to another country to attend his ex girlfriend's brother's wedding, I'd be pretty unhappy too.

Quite true!

wel, i like beatrice's dress combined withe that colour heels but i don't really like her blazer. it looks too much on top of such a dress. and i would prefer the hat to be a bit smaller. but imo it's not that eccentric. especially the dress is really nice and bright.

how can you say that her hat was awful as was her outfit the 1 good point about it was that it was colorful

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/9167936.jpg

Eugenie is in the centre in the white blazer and green dress.

i think eugenie`s outfit is georgous i even like the hat much better than her sister andrew looks good aswell

I thought the bride looked lovely although I could have done without the bows on the back (I, too, had a Mable moment!) Overall, I liked the bridesmaids dresses and color, but I do think they should have worn a little shrug or something on their shoulders.

i liked the dress and if the bride liked it then we shouldent moan too much

The Queen: looked good
The Duchess of Cornwall: look like the Queen's twin in that dress

they looked swell:whistling:

Princess Royal: who wears brown to a wedding? And, no headpiece :bang:
princess anne does and anyway she was mom of the groom ive been to two weddings worn blue and no headwear to both!
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie: Dear Lord, what were they thinking? :bang:
Zara: looked beautiful but should have done something about her tan lines.
a bit of spray on tan may of helped but prehaps someone said noone will notice - which we have

Anyway, they make a lovely couple and I wish them every happiness
hear hear

They both obviously tried to look anything but the/a bride... I guess they both stayed behind so not to take the attention of the bride and that's why they chose so sober clothes. It is definately difficult for them, especially Kate as she was there without William, so must be counted not as "family" but as a "friend" and she tried to behave accordingly.

But most people do not wear black to a wedding - obviously we cannot see the whole of the outfit so i cannot make too many judgments. However, Kate's hat is a modern twist on a very classic funeral design - particulerly as it is in black.

Zara's green bridesmaid dress is designed by Vera Wang!!!

Thanks so much for the pictures Paty and Giov, I have not seen anything so far. I too, think it a bit strange that William was not there. He and Peter are supposed to be so close...

But most people do not wear black to a wedding - obviously we cannot see the whole of the outfit so i cannot make too many judgments. However, Kate's hat is a modern twist on a very classic funeral design - particulerly as it is in black.

As I said: they both chose as much contrast to bridal clothes as possible - because IMHO they didn't want to give any journalist the chance to use a pic of them on this occasion to fuel the engagement debate. :flowers:

Last edited:
Royal Wedding.

Zara is one of the bridesmaids!! they said in the interview..peters other sister stephanie is also a bridesmaid
autumn looked absolutely stunning!! i cant wait to see more

Peter only has one sister, that is Zara.

Thank you. It is the first time in a long time I have seen The Princess Royal being so happy and so close to her husband.
May the newlyweds always be so happy.

Sophie did at the wedding of Sarah Chatto.

There are definitely pics of the two leaving the ceremony together...but not Sophie "posing" with the family after the ceremony. And by that I mean the family standing on the steps waving the newly married couple off.

My point was that until Chelsy and/or Kate (if ever) officially engaged to William or Henry or it appears that an engagement is right around the corner...you won't see them photographed with the family per se or rather the Queen. We only saw Autumn within the last two years (birthday cruise, etc.). And according to an article...Autumn has been at some family events just not photographed.

Either way...everyone (with the exception of Bea's hat) looked nice. I can' wait for the official picture.

Who's not there...

No mention of Peter's father Mark, and where was the Duchess of Kent? Odd that William preferred to be at the wedding of the brother of a ex?

Last edited:
Kate in the pic no appear nothing happy to stay that. She in the pic like his face bad and the hat was nothing good in her. Chelsy was pretty

according to their interview peter has secretly been planning the noneymoon and told autumn to pack light!!

PrincessofEurope, That has to be the same hat!!

On a wider note the entire affair was hideous, The Queen's outfit was pathetic, Camilla reused, Anne shouldn't have bothered getting out of bed, Beatrice and Eugenie should be sent to the tower for the sake of public decency, and the rest of the guest should just be ashamed of themselves (men and women), never before have the Royal Family put on such a woeful show, a thorough disappointment.

Though Mrs. Peter Phillips did look O.K., her dress was passable.

I could have sworn I saw Lady Davina Lewis and her husband too.....

PrincessofEurope, That has to be the same hat!!

On a wider note the entire affair was hideous, The Queen's outfit was pathetic, Camilla reused, Anne shouldn't have bothered getting out of bed, Beatrice and Eugenie should be sent to the tower for the sake of public decency, and the rest of the guest should just be ashamed of themselves (men and women), never before have the Royal Family put on such a woeful show, a thorough disappointment.

Though Mrs. Peter Phillips did look O.K., her dress was passable.

That's a bit harsh seeing as it wasn't supposed to be a hugely formal affair and, at the end of the day, everyone looked very happy, in particular the bride and groom, which is the most important thing.

Yes they were there too like Earl and Countess of Ulster, Lady Gabriella and Lord Frederick Windsor.

Last edited:
That's a bit harsh seeing as it wasn't supposed to be a hugely formal affair and, at the end of the day, everyone looked very happy, in particular the bride and groom, which is the most important thing.

I understand that it wasn't intended to be a public event but if I was at a wedding and there were guests dressed at the level of todays Royal Wedding guests I would leave! there are certain conventions when dressing for a wedding, its accepted form not to wear lots of black, for important members of the brides/grooms family to wear hats and for everyone to put some effort in. If The Queen went to any other engagement in that outfit from today she would be rideculed and rightly so, it was an awful mash between day and evening wear and the hat was only just about concievable as a hat.

The problem about 4 p.m. weddings is that it leaves people in the lurch about what's expected, either follow British custom and appear in morning dress and ladies in afternoon dress with hats and gloves or follow the more European Convention and appear in full evening dress (obviously with all guests in the smae style of dress either evening or daywear). The same situation occured at the wedding of The Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Where was Mr Mark Phillips, I haven't noticed him in any pictures? and did anyone else notice on the guest list published by the daily Telegraph that Lady Louise Wessex was wrongly (though technically properly) as Princess Louise?

And for that the journalist will be rewarded by a fruit basket come Monday morning :)

I think the couple looked good and very happy and that is really all that matters. I don't think the royals thought of Peter's wedding as a show but as a happy family event.

I think there are several errors and omissions in the list. For example, isn't the Earl of Wessex's daughter LADY Louise (not Princess Louise)?

Also, strange that there was no sign of Princess Margaret's children & families.

Back
Top Bottom