Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the group family photo, who is the little girl with the dark hair next to Margarita Linley? Over in the photo that ID'd people, it said that Autumn had a 1/2 brother and a nephew there, so I'm guessing that 2 of the boys down front are those 2. There is still one unaccounted for boy with a green tie on.

I went and watched the video from BBC and I'm guessing that the small children off to the right of the video who run out as the bride and groom leave are probably the unaccounted for kids on the family photo and are a niece and nephew of Autumn.

Princess Anne did wear a feathers/hat to her son's wedding but was quite invisible as it matched her hair

Wedding dress by Sassi Holford and the bridesmaids and six flowers girls dressed by Vera Wang. I thought she wanted a simple wedding.

Simple doesn't equal cheap:lol:
She just may not have wanted a huge, overblown spectacle but keep with quality products where it counts--well made dresses, accessories, catering etc.
I once threw a wedding that looked like I spent double to triple the amount involved by selecting a site already decked out for Christmas with extra flowers/ Christmas trees and budgeting in other areas. I only spent @$5000 US, the majority of that catering, photography, and flowers. Yes, it was simple, only 100 guests or less but it still wasn't cheap. It still looks as if I spent more, attendees didn't believe the total bill.

Last edited:
Well, the pictures are in.
The Queen

Somebody has already used the perfect word: timeless. This is an incredibly regal ensemble and the use of an over-dress has created an almost bridal look. Her feathers are well teamed with the outfit and I think it's very much the signature image of a monarch in her late 80s. Dare I say, this could almost be Victoria.

Her Majesty is fabulous as usual--I hope to be like her in that respect, especially in my 80s!

Princess Anne

(snip) Then again, I have a feeling you'd need some kind of pneumatic drill to break through the lacquer on that do.
:lol: Unfortunately, this is not unique to the Princess Royal.

The Bride

Well, I think the bows on the back were a mistake. Bows only look good on small puppies or on boxes of chocolates, they don't look good on a bridal ass. (snip)

My family calls these the "wide load" bows. Flattering to very few brides but ubiquitous in most bridal shops even now.

The Duchess of Cornwall

Breath-taking. The colour, the fabric and the cut of the outfit really made her look gorgeous and as for that choker - well pinch me and tell me I haven't gone to heaven. It's an elegant piece that just breathes class and it couldn't be better suited to it's owner. I don't think there's any similarity between the Queen and the Duchess's outfits other than that they both chose layers and feathers. I think it's one of Camilla's best and I especially thought her headwear complimented her coloring.

Looking the best I have seen in a while--ditto! I can't wait for my hair to go white/platinum.

Princess Beatrice

Sweet Dolly Parton, what has that girl got on her head? I'm all for having a laugh but she turned up to her cousin's wedding looking like a reject from a Worst Dressed Martian Ball. The outfit itself is fabulous, the colours suit her and they match her colouring but as usual, she isn't content with stopping when it looks fab and adds something stupid. This butterfly orgy on her head simply makes her stand out and it's Autumn's day. She has to the woman we all stare at and it's hard enough when the Granny in law is the Queen. I don't think Bea went out deliberately to upstage but thats how it comes across. Bad choice.
:ROFLMAO: I love you! Beatrix Fan, you always make my day~

Autumn's Gran (?)

There's a lady in the final picture of the BBC set showing the bride and groom with their parents and grandparents. I'm assuming the lady in the maroon is Autumn's Grandmother and I have to say that she really stood out as well-dressed. The hat is especially beautiful and that slope to one side gives her that classic doe-eye look that's just stunning. I love the outfit, I love the cream on the hat - I love the look. Well done unknown grandmother type lady.
Nothing wrong with dressing to suit the wearer, nice and classic.

I also want to thank everyone for posting all the photo links as I would have missed out on all these fabulous photos!

Last edited:
The 'grandmother type" lady is her maternal grandmother.

For the historical record :author:

4 PM, 17 May 2008
St George’s Chapel, Windsor

Officiated by the Rt Rev David Conner, Dean of Windsor

Reading from Paul’s Letter to the Colossians, Chapter 3 by the bride’s brother Patrick Kelly

Reading by Shakespeare’s Sonnet 113 by HRH Princess Eugenie

Music:
The Prince of Denmark’s March by Jeremiah Clarke
Now Thank We All Our God

Bridal gown & jewels:
Dress designed by Sassi Holford
Tiara on loan from HRH The Princess Royal
Necklace & earrings gifted from the bridegroom

Wedding planners: Bentley’s Entertainment, the elite company of Peregrine Armstrong-Jones, the party organizers for the British aristocracy

Flowers by Rob van Helden -- all white or cream flowers: roses, lilies, hyacinths, rhododendrons, ivy

Photographs by Sir Geoffrey Shakerley

Bridal attendants
Dressed in pale green by Vera Wang
Zara Phillips -- sister of the bridegroom
Jacqueline "Jackie" Aubie -- Canadian friend of the bride
Susannah Toynbee -- English friend of the bride
Stephanie Phillips -- sister of the bridegroom
Jessica Kelly -- sister of the bride
Rosie Bush -- goddaughter of the bridegroom

Bridegroom’s attendants
Ben Goss - best man
Andrew Tucker - best man
Torquil Gordon-Duff - usher
Mark Hepburn - usher
Fergus Gladstone - usher
Tom Lightroller - usher
Fraser Bush - usher

Guests
HM The Queen & HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HRH The Princess Anne the Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence
Captain & Mrs Mark Phillips
Mr & Mrs Brian Kelly - father & stepmother (Lynne) of the bride
Mr & Mrs Ron Magas - mother (Kitty) & stepfather of the bride
TRH The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Duke of York
The Earl & Countess of Ulster
Mr Gary & Lady Davina Lewis
Mr George Gilman & Lady Rose Windsor
Viscount & Viscountess Linley
The Hon Charles Armstrong-Jones
The Hon Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Mr Daniel & Lady Sarah Chatto
HRH Princess Beatrice of York
HRH Princess Eugenie of York
TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
HRH Prince Harry of Wales & Miss Chelsy Davy
HRH The Duke of Kent
Lord Frederick Windsor
Lady Gabriella Windsor
Miss Catherine Middleton
Mr Mike Tindall
Mr Patrick Jean Kelly - younger half brother of the bride
Mr Chris Kelly - twin brother of the bride
Mr Kevin Kelly - older brother of the bride
Mr Brody Kelly - nephew of the bride
Mrs Ivy Kelly - Grandmother of the bride
Mrs Edith McCarthy - Grandmother of the bride
Mr Ken McCarthy - uncle of the bride
Mr Bill McCarthy - uncle of the bride
Ms Colleen Galley - aunt of the bride
Sir Michael Parkinson
Sir Jackie Stewart - godfather of the bridegroom
Mr (and Mrs?) Andrew Parker Bowles

Reception followed @ Frogmore House, Windsor

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that Autumn's wedding dress looks similar to Grace Kelly's? At the back the train is "divided" into two halves of silk with a central panel of lace and with both parts of the halves kept together with bows. I believe this is how Grace Kelly's train was formed.

Just a curiosity, do Peter & Autumn live in scotland and does peter still work at what's-it bank in edinburgh? Autumn has a career too right? the same as she had before the marriage, or something new?

I dont think it is
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected picture of Princess Alexander's daughter Marina

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting this person looks much younger than Marina and as far as i remeber her brotherwasnt invited to the wedding so i doubt she was

It could be Lady Marina-Charlotte or Lady Amelia Windsor, the daughters of the Earl of St Andrews. They are 16 and 13 respectively so around the same age as the young ladies in the picture

Did anyone notice that Autumn's wedding dress looks similar to Grace Kelly's? At the back the train is "divided" into two halves of silk with a central panel of lace and with both parts of the halves kept together with bows. I believe this is how Grace Kelly's train was formed.

Here is an interview with the designer of the gown Sassi Halford who says her inspiration is Grace Kelly
Interview with Sassi Holford about the designing of Autumn Kelly's gown | High Society Bridal

I liked Autumn Kelly's wedding dress, a very interesting design on the train. I also liked the way her lace shrug matched her veil.

Here is an interview with the designer of the gown Sassi Halford who says her inspiration is Grace Kelly
Interview with Sassi Holford about the designing of Autumn Kelly's gown | High Society Bridal
I'm glad I took the time to skim through this thread a couple of days ago coz when I recently saw a picture of Autumn in her wedding dress I thought there was something reminiscent of Grace Kelly's gown, both the front (lace and band) and the train. Although I'm surprised one royal wedding dress was so heavily inspired by another royal wedding dress...simply because.

How do you figure that Autumn is not graceful as the other royal brides. Not sure I understand that statement.

I thought Autumn looked lovely on her wedding (except for the back bows). I loved the lace and the bolero jacket.

I thought she looked lovely. Didn't see anything wrong with her figure either.

MM

I agree, her wedding gown wasn´t very original, but that dress suited her perfectly and she looked nice.

I thought she looked lovely. Didn't see anything wrong with her figure either.

MM

I agree. She looked terrific, she seems no nonsense and I think her wedding reflected her perfectly. My husband's cousin's friend (!) was a bridesmaid, and said Autumn is a lovely, simple, beautiful person, actually akin to her mother in law Princess Anne.

I actually really love her wedding gown, and I love that she wore the festoon tiara. It suited her.

Although Autumn's gown wasn't an iconic design, it was lovely, suited her, and she made a beautiful bride. She also obeyed the cardinal law for brides lucky enough to wear a tiara --- wear your hair up and it will make your entire look! And, it did!!!

Back
Top Bottom