Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly 17 May 2008, St George's Chapel, Windsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Beatrice and Eugenie fashion sense, what were they thinking!!!! Beatrice hat and dress..I have no words sorry.... Zara should have put her biquini down when she was having some sun tan because she has the marks on her shoulders and with this kind of dress it doesn't suit at all!
William not attending a close cousin's wedding was a big disrespect, I cannot understand why Prince Charles didn't do anything against it, (that's one of many others reasons why I think Monarchy is not real monarchy but just celebrity figures!). Protocol and Respect, where are his priorities has a member of the Royal family! I really cannot understand this!
I think both Kate and Chelsy looked annoyed because Kate doesn't have William there and because Chelsy wasn't with Harry also by her side

But that's what monarchy is all about: tradition and passing-on the bloodlines. If that doesn't count anymore you honestly don't need these people around anymore.

but the bloodlines are still there and intact. any children will still be direct decendants of royalty. peter doesn't cost the taxpayer anything(other than the average citizen). is your suggestion that future royalty must bestow titles on their children or don't have any children at all?:flowers:

but the bloodlines are still there and intact. any children will still be direct decendants of royalty. peter doesn't cost the taxpayer anything(other than the average citizen). is your suggestion that future royalty must bestow titles on their children or don't have any children at all?:flowers:

I'*m not talking about titles, I was talking about being knighted or receiving the Knight-rank of an Royal Order. IMHO it would have been nice to see the son of the Grand Master (or is it Grand Mistress in that case) of the Royal Victorian Order appointed to the ranks of the knights of this order on his wedding day. Quite a lot of family members are either Knight or Dame of this order so I would have found it okay to see Peter as well. But - the difference between him and his HRH-relatives is that he could have used the "Sir" in front of his name while they normally don't use this title.

Call me sentimental but having seen how close both Peter and Zara are to their mother, accepting a title would be like a slap in the face to her as she was the one that decided they would live without one.

As to the title itself? In and of itself it means little. Peter and Zara are every bit as "Royal" as Willam, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise and the latest little lord (can't remember his name just now). Call them Prince, Princess, Lady, Lord or just plain Mister or Miss. They are all Her Majesty's grandchildren. :D

On the link posted some pages back, there are 2 video links. :flowers:
Seen it thanks, but I don't think that is Lady Louise, but I can see someone that looks like Sophie.

I'*m not talking about titles, I was talking about being knighted or receiving the Knight-rank of an Royal Order. IMHO it would have been nice to see the son of the Grand Master (or is it Grand Mistress in that case) of the Royal Victorian Order appointed to the ranks of the knights of this order on his wedding day. Quite a lot of family members are either Knight or Dame of this order so I would have found it okay to see Peter as well. But - the difference between him and his HRH-relatives is that he could have used the "Sir" in front of his name while they normally don't use this title.

but the way you're looking at it is indeed about titles. bloodlines are about birth...he was born to a member of the royal family and he will always be a member of that family, just as his children. these knighthoods or members of the RVO are titles, as you said they would be allowed to use sir, etc in front of their name. whether or not they have them doesn't change the fact that they and their children are direct decendants of kings and queens. as a matter of fact, being a knight or a dame, or a duke or a duchess doesn't do anything other than tell people what you come from.

Last edited:
And I think the bridesmaid should've worn shawls.

I agree. I was so shocked to see them - ministers who fulminate about this all the time are gonna be cheesed!

Beatrice looks like she was going for something similar to what Sarah Jessica Parker did a week ago with her campy headpiece at the SATC premier in London.

That's because they are wearing the same designer Alexander McQueen.

yes I beleive that it is Sophie she is Peter's God-child

I was pleasantly surprised! Miss Kelly looked great, gorgeous gown and veil. I was surprised that she was wearing a tiara since Peter doesn't have a title, but it was a perfect touch and wonderful that the Queen lent it.

This is one of the very few Royal weddings where I loved the brides' attire AND that of the wedding party. (Sarah Armstrong-Jones is another one) I love that shade of mint green but was very surprised to see the young ladies wear strapless gowns in Church. You normally don't see that at Royal weddings.

Everything seemed to go off without a hitch. The only thing I find troubling is that the groom's father Mark Phillips was no where in sight.

Last edited:
the queen looks so happy to see her first grandchild marrying! it's quite a nice gesture of her to lend a tiara to autumn. she seems to be fond of her...

the bride looked lovely and radiant, although i'm not so sure about her choice of gown. too many details in my opinion. i'm more keen on the simple, classic style (mette-marit type) gown. she nevertheless managed to pull it off with her big smile.

i also thought the bridesmaids looked adorable in the green-shaded dresses. very nice choice, although i'm also not sure about the bare shoulders for a church wedding!

on the contrary to what everyone else thought of beatrice's headpiece, i quite liked it. definitely different and original. i loved the top as well, but not quite sure about so many colours (referring to the blue skirt, which happened to match her sister's!). eugenie's delicate hat is also great. amazing choice.

i loved the fact they invited kate and chelsy. they both looked great.

IMO the wedding was a disappointment from the fashion point of view. The female guests wore really dull colored clothes, some of them funereal. (I can't figure that out, spring colors in spring are SO beautiful!) And I think both York girls looked bad. And as for Bea's hat, BeatrixFan got it right: "Sweet Dolly Parton"!!

The wedding dress was all right, but the bridesmaids IMO were a little bare. Similar boleros or wraps would have helped with the tan lines.

And what was the Queen (or BP) thinking when they didn't talk to Peter and Autumn about paying for this event? It should have been obvious that "the kids" were going to need some help -- it's surprising other distant royals haven't sold their rights before to finance these events.

The little girl bridesmaid is Rosie Bush

Mark Phillips is at the bottom left of the the pictures on the steps

IT WAS A WONDERFUL WEDDING eternal Happiness to both and Children to follow My only wish was more pics of the reception and hearing there vows

Autumn looked absolutely radiant! :wub: I love her dress, especially the bows running down the back.

Well, on the other side, the bows were precisely the only thing I disliked. They reminded me of Mabel Wisse-Smit's dress when she married Prince Friso of the Netherlands... :sick:

The tiara, on the other side, was spectacular! It gave her a really royal look! (btw, was it correct to wear one in this occasion?)

And a gallery from Hola.com:

Galerías de imágenes

Princess Anne wore feathers in her hair it can be seen in the official picture at the left hand side i had thought it strange that she would go without some sort of 'hat' and now it transpires that she did conform

on the contrary to what everyone else thought of beatrice's headpiece, i quite liked it. definitely different and original. i loved the top as well, but not quite sure about so many colours (referring to the blue skirt, which happened to match her sister's!). eugenie's delicate hat is also great. amazing choice.

I think we are the only ones around, Carlota! :) I liked her Philip Treacy headdress matching the Alexander McQueen (Ready-to-wear Spring Summer 2008) dress, though I'd prefer it to be worn without that golden belt.

http://www.condenast.co.uk/ImageLib/320x480/Shows/SS2008/Paris/R-T-W/Alexander_McQueen/00440f.jpg

The bridesmaids dresses were too bare and ill-fitting. They also looked very ordinary for this special occasion.

Her Majesty was impeccably dressed, as always. Camilla looked elegant too.

I know Prince William had other engagements but on the other hand he might not have wanted his cousins big day to be overshadowed by his and Kate Middleton's presents at the wedding you never know. Anyway, Beautiful dress and lovely ceremony cheers to Peter and Autumn Phillips. :flowers:

Thanks everybody for wedding pictures. Bridemaids looked lovely, very nice dresses' style and color. But I was not crazy about Autumn's dress, it was not bad, but also nothing special. I also did not like her hairdo. The bouquet was nice only. Some royal outfits were disappointment, especialy Beatrice...those butterflies on her head :huh:.

I don't think that I have ever seen Kate look so awful. Sheer black top under fitted pink jacket and black hat with veil - and she looked so sad.
Chelsy looked very pretty - was she wearing a hat?
Maybe Kate is afraid that William will hook up with Jecca again in Africa!
William should have been at the wedding - where are his priorities?
Eugenie looks like she is going to turn out to be a real beauty --- Bea seems to be always trying to be in the spotlight. She has absolutely no fashion sense and needs a fashion consultant. And she plans to become a fashion designer? Please!
And definitely, definitely, Princess Anne nesds an update - ditch the too-dark hair dye, the outdated hair-do and the frumpy clothes. She has a great figure and beautiful complexion - it's a pity.
The Queen looked wonderful - pretty trim on her dress - SHE made an effort!
I hear you! I do kind of give Bea a pass because she's so young and it gives us something to talk about!This coujld be a big problen though as she gets older:ohmy:

Anne I so agree as I said before she is so in need of n update and agree it's a shame she looks so outdated with the super figure and nice complexion.Her hair needs to be cut and styled her clothes need could be so much better it's too bad.

I think the Queen looked great and so did Eugenie she is a natural beauty.

The bridesmaids dresses were too bare and ill-fitting. They also looked very ordinary for this special occasion.
This was not a "Royal Wedding" but a family wedding and as such a very very special occasion.

The bride and bridesmaid looked lovely, and many of the extended family, on both sides looked wonderful and happy. No one needed to be cuttingly chic and dripping with diamonds. The Princess Royal looked happy and relaxed, as did her blended family of steps and halves.

Witness the Queen's beautiful "Granny of the Groom" ensemble and wonderful fascinator. There is just no other occasion she could wear something like that and it was lovely to see her wearing something different to her "on duty" wear.

Beatrice has copped a lot of flak for her "hat" but, in terms of where she was and what she was doing it was just right, just Bea in fact. Just as all her family expect her to be. If Zara hadn't been a bridesmaid she would have have been wearing one of her "outfits" as well.

We need to remember that essentially we are just rubber-necking on a family's very special day and save the savage sartorial critique for William or Harry's weddings which will indeed be "Royal" weddings. :D

Someone has to help poor Beatrice. There, I said it. I don't care what the styles are, her fashion sense IS HORRIBLE.

And I know I am going to get killed for this...but Her Majesty's outfit reminds me of shades of the porcelain blue one Camilla wore to the prayer service at St. George's for her wedding, very beautiful..

Lady Marmalade - Could not agree with you. HM looked lovely, and it seemed like she had made an effort to dress well for the wedding. You are right, the dress did remind me of Camilla's dress at the prayer service at her wedding. I also think it reminded me of the way HM was dressed at the Wessex wedding. The colours and the hat were not that dissimilar. That said, at C&Cs wedding, in keeping with the low key affair it was billed to be, HM wore what could be described as one of her "work" suits!

As regards young Beatrice, it is clear she needs to be guided on her fashion sense. In some ways, it is quite sad. She almost seems to be brought up by a single father, with this rather strange mother who lives in America and descends on the girls and Andrew every now and then. I am not necessarily suggesting that Sarah is not a committed mother, but she is certainly not available on hand to guide the girls. Beatrice clearly can'ttell the diugfference between how to dress for a wedding and Ascot. Its just on e of the things a mother at hand would be able to help with. In Sarah's absence, maybe she can turn to Camilla, Sophie, Anne or even Zara!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Autumn and Peter's wedding photos. The couple looked truly happy. I really loved Autumn's dress bows and all!. During a wedding the guests are looking at the back of the brides gown anyway during the ceremony so it was a nice touch. The bridesmaids dresses on the other hand all though a pretty fabric and colour I think were too bare for a church wedding a style similar to what the little bridesmaids were wearing or something like the brides jacket IMO would have been more appropriate. The groom looked great very handsome! Everyone else looked nice nothing spectacular. It would have been nice to have seen a little more colour with the ladies choices though. Princess Beatrice on the other hand stood out but IMO for the wrong reasons. The outfit was too over the top for me anyways and from what I have read most of you. I do wish the newly married couple many happy years together. It's truly a fairytale romance.

The bikini shadows for the bridemaids are very redneck-ish...a shrug would have been appropriate, or thinking ahead to "gee, I'm going to be in a strapless gown at a major media event".

Lovely bridal gown, though.

The bikini shadows for the bridemaids are very redneck-ish...a shrug would have been appropriate, or thinking ahead to "gee, I'm going to be in a strapless gown at a major media event".

Lovely bridal gown, though.

that's exactly what i thought. they were a bad choice imo.

Back
Top Bottom