Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They've been saying all day that we would see the first dance but then no more so this is definitely it.

They did show the first dance. What we're not allowed to see is the actual party. Maybe because it's private anymore and they don't want us to see them dancing..ahhahaha But this has been a wonderful airing...Thanks guys for the link. Ca'nt wait for their first event as a couple...:ROFLMAO:;)

Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?

It's over??
10 hours of ceremony and fun. I'm glad I watched this wedding, but still pissed that I missed the cake part.
I did not move from the couch. This is the most I've ever posted in all the years I've been here. It's been so much fun! I wish I could have seen Mette-Marit and Mary get married.

Fin :)

I'm not sleepy yet, but I want to go to sleep now and dream about this Magical Day. :wub:

Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, A Love to last a Lifetime. :twohearts:

Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?

Yes, there was a cake cutting ceremony.

Tis has been a magical day and night. So much emotions, I´ve had tears in my eyes many times. It has been marvellous to watch these two, gorgeous people, who are so much in love. I´ve shared their happiness. What a great experience, many wonderful memories. The best of them all, Daniel´s speech.
Good night to everyone, it´s very late here in Finland, I´m going to sleep and watch the beautiful photos tomorrow.

Can some lovely Swedish members tell us what Prince Daniel said to Victoria in his speech? The parts in Swedish of course.

What a wonderful wedding. I'll always have such great memories of this day. I got up early especially for this wedding and am glad I got to watch all of it live. It's been a memorable day.

whats the name of the song that played the programme at the end during the credits?

I think this wedding has been better than the Charles and Diana Wedding.

William still has a career to build before he can think of getting married and perhaps having children.

It's been so much fun sharing this all with you! It's so nice to have this whole community here - no one I live with cares to talk with me about any of this. Wonderful to have so many people to watch with, all over the world!

This place is a god send for sure. It's hard to find anyone to talk about it with, let alone finding any media coverage over here. It has been worth the ten hours or so sitting here! I am very surprised my computer didn't crash, it has been burning my lap for a while now lol. Plus, the stream from STV's site never failed me.

Honestly, one of the greatest royal wedding I have seen, if not the best. It may have only been the first one I got to see live, but from all the others one's I checked out on this site and youtube, it was so beautiful and full of love. So much emotion and joy, so many things to love about this wedding. Plus, it was great seeing all of these royals together in one place these past couple of days. CP Victoria has been my favorite royal for some time now, and now she and Prince Daniel are my favorite royal couple.

Can't wait for whatever pics are added later on, espcially looking for Daniel's speech to uploaded in English!

This was the best ever!

Where can I find Daniel's speech translated all into English?

Can't see th BRF surpassing this as I just don't think the will to do so is with them anymore, and IMO hasn't been for years. Nothing much happens in the BR scene anymore and hasn't for a long time.

The dance was amazing!!!! :wub:

The whole day and evening has been amazing!
I've been stuck in my chair for 14 hours straight!

:fireworks: What a celebration! :fireworks:

Can some lovely Swedish members tell us what Prince Daniel said to Victoria in his speech? The parts in Swedish of course.

I tried a little quickly. Forgive me if there's any wierd sentences or anything but I think you'll understand! :flowers:

I've been given the oppurtunity to get to know a young woman with a lovely sense of humor, a strong sense of duty and in addition to that she's very very wise. We became friends but the more I got to know her the more irrisistible she became. This years with Victoria have gone so fast and they have been the best years of my life.

I'm so grateful to you, your majesty, the king and the queen, for your loving support and the way that you have welcomed me into your family.
My thought also goes to my own family, my mother, my father, my sister and her daughters. Mother and dad, through my childhood you always been given me your love. You have been helping me with your wiseness and helping me with building my confidense and safety with healthy values that's been guiding me through life.

Today when we where travelling through the streets of Stockholm we recieved incredible kindness and joy. A memory that we always will be carrying with us in our hearts forever.
Through the years I've had with Victoria I've been given so much support from her and from all of you. And it has been very important for me. Thank you!

I have very much respect towards the tasks that lays ahead of me. It will be, without a doubt, a big challenge. I will do my best to live up to the expectations that you will have. I will do my best to support my wife, the crown princess of Sweden, in her important work.

My beloved Victoria. I'm so proud of what we have together. I'm so happy that you let me be your husband. I will do everything that I can so that you can remain just as happy as you are today.
Victoria - love is the biggest thing of it all. I love you so!

Now I would like to propose a toast for my wonderful wife.
Cheers!

Everything was sooo beautiful!!!!!!I watched the whole thing from the swedish tv on line...couldn't understand a word but the images were priceless!!!

My best wishes to the lovely couple and may their first born marry on the same day as well:flowers::flowers:

ps: I was so moved when i heard Prince Daniel say that the CP Victoria wrote him 30 letters for the 30 days she would be away from him!!!

I don't think I have ever seen a former commoner so in love with his bride! He seems like a really kind and loving man and I believe he will make a wonderful prince.

CP Mary and Carina Axelsson came together moving to the white room where the wedding dance was going to take place. Carina had to fix something on her dress or so, and walked to the right (her right) and seemed to put something down before sterting to fix something on her dress. She wasn't aware that she actually stopped right in front of a camera!! :D

CP Mary pointed at the camera, and Carina saw it too then and they both began laughing!! It happened very quick, but it was a cute and funny moment!! :flowers:

CP Mary and Carina Axelsson came together moving to the white room where the wedding dance was going to take place. Carina had to fix something on her dress or so, and walked to the right (her right) and seemed to put something down before sterting to fix something on her dress. She wasn't aware that she actually stopped right in front of a camera!! :D

CP Mary pointed at the camera, and Carina saw it too then and they both began laughing!! It happened very quick, but it was a cute and funny moment!! :flowers:

Yes!! And obviously the director changed cameras so as she could fix whatever needed fixing!!

Also i noticed that many of the ladies where walking like their shoes were hurting them at the end. Did the guests rest at all before dinner??Where were the guests while the couple did the tour??

I tried a little quickly. Forgive me if there's any wierd sentences or anything but I think you'll understand! :flowers:

I've been given the oppurtunity to get to know a young woman with a lovely sense of humor, a strong sense of duty and in addition to that she's very very wise. We became friends but the more I got to know her the more irrisistible she became. This years with Victoria have gone so fast and they have been the best years of my life.

I'm so grateful to you, your majesty, the king and the queen, for your loving support and the way that you have welcomed me into your family.
My thought also goes to my own family, my mother, my father, my sister and her daughters. Mother and dad, through my childhood you always been given me your love. You have been helping me with your wiseness and helping me with building my confidense and safety with healthy values that's been guiding me through life.

Today when we where travelling through the streets of Stockholm we recieved incredible kindness and joy. A memory that we always will be carrying with us in our hearts forever.
Through the years I've had with Victoria I've been given so much support from her and from all of you. And it has been very important for me. Thank you!

I have very much respect towards the tasks that lays ahead of me. It will be, without a doubt, a big challenge. I will do my best to live up to the expectations that you will have. I will do my best to support my wife, the crown princess of Sweden, in her important work.

My beloved Victoria. I'm so proud of what we have together. I'm so happy that you let me be your husband. I will do everything that I can so that you can remain just as happy as you are today.
Victoria - love is the biggest thing of it all. I love you so!

Now I would like to propose a toast for my wonderful wife.
Cheers!

Thanks so much for translating!!! The more I see of him, the more I like him. He will be a wonderful Prince Consort. I think what I loved so much about this wedding was that it was formal without all the stuffiness. We saw some wonderful moments at the concert among all the royals too. All the activities made us feel as if we were there, as if we were one of them. It was a beautiful day for everyone!!

This has been such an fantastic wedding!! Everything has been perfect and it´s been very romantic and moving. Now i have to go to sleep and dream about all this - i´ve been in front of the tv since 8:00 this morning (yesterday morning ;)) and now it 01:28 and time to go to bed.

I will have fantastic memories from this wedding - and i will watch the whole thing again soon - i have had the recorder on all day :)

Back
Top Bottom