Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved Victorias tiara but I know a lot of you didnt so I would like to know why you didnt like it.Id love to hear your opinion.
I for once didn´t look forward to CPss Victoria wearing the kamé tiara, because I have seen photos of Queen Silvia at her wedding day and it wasn´t nice. It looked sooooo strange on her.
But when I saw CPss Victoria wearing the kamétiara I was taken by it. CPss V wore soooo beautiful and stylish. She couldn´t have worn anything else.

i love several of the black and white photos.
i did not think the official photo was the best of the couple boring IMO

This is my second all-time favorite royal wedding, and in terms of love, my all-tiime favorite! :cool: :heart1:

I didn't expect much, which made it even more pleasureable as it went along because having had no expectations from the beginning, I was blown away by the end!

Seriously, this wedding I played over & over again ad nauseum on youtube, especially the part where they take their vows ~ Daniel's lone tear and him brushing it away, as his hands shook when he placed the ring on Victoria's finger ~ and Victoria's strong masculine voice as she recited her vows with love, total conviction, and tenderness, the way her awesome big doe eyes twinkled throughout, and the way she touched Daniel's cheek so lovingly in that one caress.

Then there was the concert the night before!!!! Ah, that was a dream in & of itself. The music of Swan Lake, accompanied by those exquisite Chinese performers, was the highlight, but alas there were many. Seeing Victoria & Daniel in the audience holding hands, Albert singing along with Elvis, the opera singers, the music, the love & joy within the building, the way Victoria's parents looked at her with so much pride & love from up above, as well as Daniel's too. :) And then the ending, with the little Swedish children running up onstage waving the flag of Sweden, with one singing to Victoria, then the other to Daniel. Made me get up and clap and shed a tear with joy! :)

Then when I thought things couldn't get any better, there they were taking their first dance together as a newly married couple, but more especially was the moment before when Daniel spoke, saying that during their relationship, at one point Victoria had to go away for 1-month on royal duty. So she stayed up all night writing, and when he awoke the next morning, he found a box and within that box were 30 letters all addressed to him for each day Victoria would be away. To this day I have never heard anything so romantic, touching, eloquent, loving. It remains my all-time favorite lovers' moment, be it royal or not. :heart1:

i saw parts of the wedding again
specially the speach from the Archbishop
it were very personal
YouTube - Daniel and Viktoria are married!

then i read it at the official webbsite
The speech of the Archbishop

(The spoken version shall take precedence) To live a good life, you must be allowed to take responsibility, to have an influence.

We wish each of us the possibility of making our way through life successfully and of having control over our lives.
Your situation, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel (we can now use this title for the first time), is both shared and unique. You'll be taking on tasks that you won't be able to turn down — but that you can influence. One of you has had many years to prepare for and live this life — and one of you only a few. You won't have complete control over your lives — but you will successfully make your way through life if you keep your focus on people other than yourselves, on wider contexts, on society, on family and on the future. "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
We wish each of us the possibility of being needed and useful.
There are several stages of usefulness. Each individual needs to think several steps ahead. What will be the consequences of this choice or that choice? What am I capable of — and what should I do even though I wonder whether I can actually do it? None of us is indispensable, not even a crown princess or a prince. But we are still needed. We can all be called into question, not least if we are public figures. Criticism costs nothing, not even when it's spiteful. But we all still need to try to make a positive contribution using our talents.
Your usefulness in major contexts will perhaps be clearest when you can stand up for important values that are under threat, such as gratitude, a sense of belonging during crises and losses, hopefulness in troubled times, and indignation about and commitment to combating breaches of human rights. Your significance to loyalty and fellowship in society, with free scope for true, vital democracy and debate, may be great.
At the same time, you can easily be reduced to people who add sparkle to an event, or to lowest common denominators. A great deal may be expected of you that fundamentally does not seem that important to you. May you in such cases be able to maintain your curiosity and enthusiasm!

So, you are now husband and wife. Privately, you have set up a 'refuge' that has now been confirmed as publicly as is possible. Through marriage, a bridge is forged between the most personal side of your lives and the public side. "Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." We who all over world are following your wedding are responsible for helping you with this. We have prayed for you, we will carry on praying for you and thinking of you, and will help you to stay together — in the same way as we have done at all other weddings we have been to, and will attend in the future!

Within the family, space can be made for openness and reciprocity that could never be accommodated in public life, with its pressure to perform. Within the family you have each other, because you love each other and want this sense of belonging together to form a reliable and steadfast foundation for your lives. You do not need to prove anything to each other — but you do need to focus on each other. "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."

We wish each of us the possibility of being carried and of accepting help.
Independence, self-determination and freedom are important concepts. Nobody should need to crawl; nobody should need to be subservient. Feeling that you´re in someone's debt is difficult.
Being the underdog means being on shaky ground if you cannot trust the other person. In society at large and in public life, this is often the reality. In a close relationship, when everything works out as we wish, things are different. Mutual, secure, loving dependence on the other person gives us a sense of well-being. This is what the two of you are experiencing. May your refuge remain free and protected, but still welcoming for those you hold dearest!

And a lifetime can be long. A strong person can become weak, and a person born weak can become strong. This is something you will have to deal with in your family. A person who feels secure has the courage to be carried!
In a close and trusting relationship, you can pray together and individually. Use this power!
"... love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." God manifests Himself through love. And, according to our faith, he also manifests Himself to those who do not believe they know God!

We wish each of us the possibility of getting a second chance when we fall short.
I do not believe that anyone lives up to what he or she would ideally like to live up to. We all have our shortcomings. The excellent ethical principles of loving your neighbour as yourself and doing to others what you would have them do to you are beautiful, but they´re difficult. Sometimes, when you look at all your shortcomings, the self-contempt becomes overwhelming.

You are now married. You have come so close to each other that you know that your love is mutual and that you have the capacity to forgive each other. This means that your love for each other can also accommodate failure and weakness!
You have not done anything to deserve life. Nobody has. It is given to us. The air, the existence of the universe and relative equilibrium, memories and hopes. It is given to us by God, who wants good things for us. The God of Love. Through what Jesus did for us, we know that God forgives and believes that we deserve to live and get another chance, even though we fall short!

We wish each of us the possibility of making our way through life successfully and of having control over our lives. We wish each of us the possibility of being needed and useful. We wish each of us the possibility of being carried and of accepting help. We wish each of us the possibility of getting a second chance when we fall short. We wish the two of you all this!

"I pray that [the Father] out of his glorious riches ... may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Stand firm and be constantly rooted in him."

A very beautiful wedding.Far more interesting than Wills and Kate!

Yes I really liked this wedding alot; such joy on Victoria's face. Also the warmth and love of Daniel was wonderful; as was his speech.

there were a princess noor from jordan what is her relation in the jordan royal family?
and i wonder why the jordan royal family were so meny?

I'm a little late to the party but I just got around to watching a saved video that I had on my computer. Victoria was BEAMING with happiness. And the wedding was very lovely and emotional. I understand the couple went through difficulty convincing others that they should be married but I'm glad true love wins in the end.

Hmmm

There's something that has been bugging me for a while as I look at all the royal weddings and that is do other royals know what the wedding dress or bridal party dresses look like as the Royals don't look at all suprised by what htye see, some don't really show any emotion at all. At Victoria's wedding there was no reall wow looks on thier faces just meh looks, sure there were a few wispers here and there but nothing to outstanding.

I was wondering the same thing about this wedding too...But I came to the honest conclusion that maybe the guests weren't "wowed" by Victoria, because her dress wasn't really "wowing":sad:

Don't get me wrong, I thought she was a beautiful bride:D and I thought the cut and form and fabric of her gown was superb, but it wasn't "OMG" gorgeous either...

Lovely B & W photos someone posted much earlier in this thread. I also adored this wedding, the love, the flowers, and even though I don't usually like too much color at a wedding, the colorfulness seemed to me as an extension of their happiness.

Albeit the pic of so many ppl snapping shots with camera phones was a bit annoying...idk why, but it was. I guess the boat ride was sweet as well, but I could have done w/out it.

An interesting note is that before I really read about the *alleged* ill feelings about the marriage I was wondering why the couple looked SO intense, I know it was a royal wedding & all, but there seemed something extra there. And although Victoria kissing Daniel's hand was sweet, it also seemed a bit "I love you no matter what they think" to me...but just IMO.

I was wondering the same thing about this wedding too...But I came to the honest conclusion that maybe the guests weren't "wowed" by Victoria, because her dress wasn't really "wowing":sad:

Don't get me wrong, I thought she was a beautiful bride:D and I thought the cut and form and fabric of her gown was superb, but it wasn't "OMG" gorgeous either...
I think the dress was beautiful, not in a "wow style", but it was beautiful and suited Victoria and her personality very well. There was no need for her to impress others with her dress, she rather went for something that was her, right choice IMO.

I think the dress was beautiful, not in a "wow style", but it was beautiful and suited Victoria and her personality very well. There was no need for her to impress others with her dress, she rather went for something that was her, right choice IMO.

Indeed, my point exactly....some ppl have said her dress was boring/uninteresting, I didn't think so, I though it was perfect for her and her body which is the only thing that counts:flowers:

I have watched video from tons of royal weddings and have never seen anyone with that gasping wow look on their faces. Maybe it is because they are so use to seeing each other all dressed up for balls and galas and so seeing the bride in her wedding gown has less of an impact for them than for the rest of us here in the "normal" world who are not use to seeing our friends and relatives that done up.

I admit I was very disappointed in Victoria's gown when she first got out of the car, but that didn't last long. It only took that first meeting midway up the aisle of her and Daniel that I realized that gown was very much Victoria and that it's simplicity allowed us to focus on the two of them and their very public showing of their joy and love. You saw two people very much in love, not what they were wearing. By the end of the day I was in love with her gown. No one else could have worn it and be able to be so beautiful.

The whole wedding was "wow" - Victoria´s beautiful dress and the lovely cameo tiara - The lovely page girls and boys - Daniel having tears in his eyes when he saw Victoria arriving to the church - The kisses while they met at the way to the altar - Their love which was so visibly seen during the whole ceremony - The lovely music at the church - The way they exhanged rings and said their vows - Daniel crying at the church - The kiss at the church door - The huge crowd at the streets - The lovely Vasaorden - Arriving to the palace - Victoria´s speech - The kiss at the balcony - Daniel´s and his fathers´s speeches at the dinner - Their kiss - The huge wedding cake - The lovely wedding walz. What a day!

I wonder(Like Kate's wedding dress) if Victoria's wedding dress was made as a rip off in Sweden after the wedding.Does anyone know if they did because out of curiosity I wonder what it looks like.

I wonder(Like Kate's wedding dress) if Victoria's wedding dress was made as a rip off in Sweden after the wedding.Does anyone know if they did because out of curiosity I wonder what it looks like.
A rip-off by definition will look like the original dress.

Sorry,I meant look a like,not rip off.Like the designer would alter the dress to make it more "orginal" for the bride.

Today, at the first anniversary for Victoria and Daniel, many newspapers have published memories of the wedding:
Aftonbladet

The whole wedding was "wow" - What a day!

As a 'johnny-come-lately' to this thread: I agree! This is definetely the best royal wedding I've been to in front of my TV :D! The atmosphere was so special that somehow it permeated the TV-screen! What I noticed in particular was the finely tuned balance between the royal and popular tradition and how attentive Cps. Victoria was towards Daniel during the day! Who has ever seen a royal bride kissing the hand of her husband-to-be in front the altar?

viv

This wedding will always stand out as the best ever that I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom