The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Mette-Marit was my favourite once again. I have loved every dress she has worn at royal gatherings over these last couple of months. She looked lovely in blue today. Pastels look amazing on her.

Silvia and Madeleine looked wonderful. Beautiful colours once again.

I also liked Martha-Louise. Didn't like Mary's dress as much, colour was nice though. Her tiara didn't go with the dress.

Letizia was lovely too but the dress just faded into the background. Her hair was beautiful.

Maxima dress...too dull.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Victorias speech

"Dear, dear friends. I would first like to thank the Swedish people for having given me my prince. We, my husband and I, are so incredibly happy and very grateful that so many want to be here and celebrate with us. This is a tremendous experience, that's our biggest day so far in our lives. To feel your support means more to us than you could ever understand. It is something incredible.
Today is a day that we will bear with us in our hearts for the rest of our lives. "

Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know which of the King's sisters is wearing the Aquamarine tiara in this picture (in the background)?

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...g-28$599x0.jpg
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ya I know they did attend but you'd think since this was such a large wedding she could make time in the her schedule I mean the other Queens attended.
Its been a busy week for HM though. Besides the Trooping of the Color and the annual Ascot races, the Duke of Edinburgh recently had hand surgery. Prince Charles is reported to be resting from a chest infection. Its not unusual for HM to send an emissary in her place. That's what Edward and Sophie were.

And now.. back to the wedding.
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania`s dress is not her best or the best but not bad .. I dont like iman`s dress.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
So it's not finished yet as I thought? Ther is still the gala dinner! Great!
btw ladybelline which picture is that from your avatar I don't believe that I've seen it yet.

I soo want this one untagged
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/10...-Entertainment
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post

Didn't like Mary's dress as much, colour was nice though. Her tiara didn't go with the dress.
My thoughts exactly. Her diamond wedding tiara would have matched better with the color of her dress instead of the rubies.

Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I would like to have a better vieuw on princess Claire's dress!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Commoner

Smile Amazing!

Touching, amazing, breathtaking... the most romantic royal wedding I've ever seen. The smiles, the stolen glances... the love between Victoria and Daniel is so palpable it was as if I could feel it reaching out to me from my computer screen. Such a sweet, beautiful bride and a handsome groom. The couple was perfection from head to toe. The beautiful love song brought me to tears.

My late grandma used to say that when it is overcast and then the sun comes out during the wedding day, it is a good omen to the newlyweds.

I do believe in love. I do believe in fairy tales. Victoria made the one she loves a Prince, despite all the adversity they had to face. They are finally together! God bless them!

Thank you Victoria and Daniel, and the country of Sweden for the unforgettable moments!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm View Post
Victorias speech

"Dear, dear friends. I would first like to thank the Swedish people for having given me my prince. We, my husband and I, are so incredibly happy and very grateful that so many want to be here and celebrate with us. This is a tremendous experience, that's our biggest day so far in our lives. To feel your support means more to us than you could ever understand. It is something incredible.
Today is a day that we will bear with us in our hearts for the rest of our lives. "
oh what a wonderful speech.
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
what do you mean, carlotta? I haven't noticed at all that Mary has done something wrong.
No no, she's done nothing wrong. They were talking about her tiara.
Imperial Majesty

Wow, what a wedding! I watched it live from finnish TV and now I´m here. I don´t really know, what to say. Victoria was so beautiful, her dress was marvellous, I love the simpliness in it. And although I thought that the cameo tiara wouldn´t suit her, I was wrong. Daniel looked great. It was touching to see him cry at the church. The ceremony was moving and the music wonderful. It was great to see them kiss while waiting for the carriage. They have had a great day. To travel at Vasaorden, that´s really something.
And it was touching to see the king and the Queen with the Westlings waiting for them at the castle yard. And this military band and choir at the yard while Victoria and Daniel were at the balcony was a nice surprise.
I´m also surprised and very pleased to see, how many times all the royal guests were together today, at the balcony.
Now I start to look photos.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the etiquette expert is explaining something about princess mary - wonder what she is saying?
She was talking about Mary's tiara.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
what do you mean, carlotta? I haven't noticed at all that Mary has done something wrong.
I think they where talking about the tiara

Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
What a wedding! I am so happy for CP Victoria and Prince Daniel! I got teary-eyed during the ceremony.

Does anyone have any pics of them kissing?
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Does anyone have a picture of Princess Claire?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Does anyone know which of the King's sisters is wearing the Aquamarine tiara in this picture (in the background)?

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...g-28$599x0.jpg

It might be Margarita.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Mette-Marit, Madeleine and Maxima were my favourite dressed ladies. I also very much liked the dress of Daniel sister. She is a very beautiful woman and could easily be a royal herself.

I am not that much impressed by Princess Mary's dress but it was ok. I think the white dress she wore on the private pre-wedding party was by far more beautiful than the one she wore today.

Mabel was a disaster! Poor princess. I didn't find Laurentein's dress that bad. Indeed I thought it was actually nice given the fact that she likes wearing strange outfits.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Look at little Christian!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
Princess Victoria's choice of tiara and wedding dress was marvellous. Also they make a wonderful couple. They look so happy together. I wish them a healty life full of happiness and healthy children. I also want to thank them for giving us the opportunity to see all our favorite royalities all together at once.
OK... I really need to ask this. So many folks are referring to what Victoria wore as a tiara. I thought I definitely saw a crown. What is the difference and why?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:03 PM

English Song

What was the title of the English song at the end of the ceremony and who sang it. I thought it was beautiful.
Thanks!

Lucie

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding