Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson: May 14, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both Mary and her sister were a bit teary during the hymn that the Donaldson family requested, one of their mother's favourites.

Originally posted by Sean.~+May 14th, 2004 - 9:27 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 14th, 2004 - 9:27 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Duke@May 14th, 2004 - 9:21 am
Hi, what order is Mary father wearing? Has he just been confer also by the queen?
danneborg. A few days ago [/b][/quote]
Can talk more about the order? Why is he confer the order?

I'm at work and I can't get a streaming video can someone post a picture of her dress if available?

The Bride and her Father

The Bride

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I think I change my mind. I like the dress. I don't think I like the bottom half very much though.

Swedish Royal Family

Alexandra

Bride and her Father

Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Thank you so much for the pictures!!!! Im going nuts since i cant find a channel thats airing the wedding !!!! THANK U!!!!

Oh Thank You so much for the photos... What a lovely bride. Gorgious. However, I don't know about the whispy thingys on her skirt. It is however a gorgious dress. What a tiara. Any more about it? Is there a close up anywhere?

Keep bringing in the photos.

Thanks again

Chanel

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 14th, 2004 - 10:25 am
Photo of The Crown Prince Crying:

Who knew Frederik was such a softie!

Ugh! I can't see any of the live streaming on the web. (Darn these work computers that block certain programs so that their employees actually "work" at work! ;)) I cannot wait for the first pictures!

They are now husband and wife! a few minutes ago they said their "ja" (Yes)
and now they are saluting from Kronborg

congratulations Mary and Fredrik!

I just saw pictures at Getty Images and Mary's dress looked nice. I haven't seen enough pictures to see if I like it though. The top half was lovely however. I think I need some time before I make a decision about the bottom layers.

getty have a few pictures of the guests dresses can someone post them

Although I couldn't understand a word that was said (except for 'ja', 'Mary Donaldson') it was a beautiful wedding. I loved Mary's kiss to Frederik in the carriage, I don't think he was expecting her to do that.

Well, they're married. We were impressed by the bishop's speech.

Now they're on the balcony (they kissed.) and QUeen Margrethe led her citizens in hurrahs for the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess.

I've been glued to my tv for the past three hours... Sadly enough, they will stop sending the wedding program on SVT Europa in a couple of minutes, I would be very glad to hear where in the net I could see more!!!!

I tried a couple of danish channels earlier and only DR 1 worked for me, unfortunately my computer is too slow so the quality isn't too good...

I loved Mary's gown!!! Fred seems too shy, it seems like Mary would kiss him all the time but Fred just turns away shyly.... And they call us Finnish people shy...

Well, I do have danish ancestors...

I think MC got a new tiara

saw Victoria chatting with Nico
No sign of Madeleine only when she arrived

:shock: :woot: WOW! She is a total knockout, the very image of a royal bride. I didn't think she could look more beautiful than she did the other evening at the formal dinner, but she's exceeded that. She's ravishing. :flower:

I have tried to find pictures of Martha Louise but could not....

I don't recognize her tiara too...It must be new or a new configuration of a pre-existing tiara...

Anyway, I LOVED Mary's dress! From head to toe, I just adored it! Very simple yet very elegant...I highly approve! By the by, does anyone have a link to a video clip when Mary was walking down the aisle and Frederik is tearing up?

Mary's wedding tiara looks quite familia. If Alexandra didn't wear her diamond drop tiara on her wedding day, then she must have worn this. I remember her wearing a tiara not so much like the diamond drop.

Oh Alex looked soooo DIGNIFIED!! Especially after she did her shawl button and waved!! She looked even more dignified when she was walking to her seat in the Cathedral alone. It was quite a remarkable scene. Her glamour did not at all overshadowed by Mary, but instead she had been showing another kind of glamour and dignity!! Btw I love her rose pink gown, so special. Her tiara suited her sooo well. I think I don't really care about how many grand jewels would Mary have access to in the future now, coz the fitting and the ultimate effect are more important. But the buttoned shawl looked a bit weird when she was singing from the service booklet.

Princess Benedikt looked stunning in that bright green gown, very refreshing!!

Princess Victoria was a bit dissappointing in my opinion. I thought she would have worn a larger tiara from the family foundation.

Princess Madeleine looked beautiful but her tiara was dissappointing. I wanted her to wore the Queen Silvia's birthday tiara if she couldnt choose from the family's foundation. But it was quite regal and refreshing to see her wear that tiara as a necklace!!

I really liked Margrethe's jacket at the wedding. The fuschia pink is a colour close to my heart! It seemed to match with the bridesmaids dresses, too. Does anyone know if they were made from the same material or made by the same designer? (It's hard to tell what colour the bridesmaids dresses were exactly, though. In some picture they look like craberry coloured and in others fuschia pink.)

Little Nikolai is absolutely adorable! In a Polfoto picture I saw he was holding very tightly the hand of a little blonde boy--Mary's nephew?

Loved that John Donladson wore his kilt to the wedding! What a great touch and honour to the Donaldson family heritage.

I am still sitting on the fence about Mary's dress, though I did love her veil and the tiara that went with it.

Benedikte look great in that lime green dress of hers.

The pink colour was sensational on Alexandra but I'm not sure about the wrap she was sporting. I only saw one fuzzy picture, so I'll hold judgement ...

It seemed that there were a lot of floral dresses today, including Margrethe and Mathilde. Mathilde's floral number really surprised me; she doesn't tend to wear prints very much, but nonetheless it looked terrific on her.

I adore Princess Madeleine's hair-she looks perfectly young, fresh, and lovely, and the pink dress well suits her. Haven't seen too many fashion "disasters" yet out of the attendees ;) . *wishing my area here in the States could get live feeds from Denmark* :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MARY IS AMAIZING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like a lot Mary dress is so beutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the wedding is so romantic and full of love. Frederik cry after see the bride.

Letizia is my perfere of all

:heart: :flower: :p They have such a wonderful spontaniety about them-but then they can also look so regal together. A fantastic set of pictures day.

As much as I loved the flower girl dresses, I'm not crazy about the bridesmaids dresses. They were pretty boring and plain (so as to not out do the bride :p ), but I didn't like that they were three different colors, and I didn't like the color choices.

Back
Top Bottom