Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam: June 1 & 29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home & am catching up on all the latest from Charlotte & Dimitri's wedding. Thanks for posting all the lovely & elegant pictures. Lol when I opened the first link I thought Caroline was Charlotte dancing. :D And oh what a joy to see Andrea's eldest son dancing next to his auntie & her new step-daughter. They all seem so happy, what a joy! ?

I've never seen Charlotte so happy, nor as lovely. :flowers: And I hope she really does cut her hair into that very very attractive bob.

Isn't present her Uncle and wife? Also I would love to see Caroline how she is dress

That picture kinda reminds me of a picture of Caroline and Stefano, where Caroline wore that blue strapless dress

That's exactly what I posted in the Charlotte fashion thread!

Those photos of Caroline in that magnificent royal blue evening gown, along with Stefano in a tuxedo and their three babies at their feet were taken in this very spot. ..shortly before Stephano died.

I think this photo of Charlotte and Dimitri is so perfect it might wind up in my avatar soon!:?

Does anyone know if Charlene was there?

Yes Charlene was there...I saw a brief clip of her in the crowd, with her hair in a 1920's bob. She looked beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that there was a civil ceremony, baptism, and religious blessing yesterday at noon. And, that since dimitri is divorced, there cannot be a religious ceremony which makes sense.

I'll admit I don't know too much about Dimitri but that makes sense and plus he's probably not even Roman Catholic.

:previous: Dimitri's paternal Lebanese family (Rassams) are Maronite Catholic.

Carole Bouquet was baptized Roman Catholic and educated in a convent.

I have no idea if Dimitri and Charlotte can or will have their marriage formally recognized by the Church, but it would surprise me if Dimitri is not at least a baptized nominal Catholic.

Last edited:
Now that Charlotte and Dimitri are married won't their son, Balthazar Rassam be in the Monegasque line of succession?

Now that Charlotte and Dimitri are married won't their son, Balthazar Rassam be in the Monegasque line of succession?

According to the house laws, when a member of the Sovereign Family marries without a Sovereign Decision giving the Reigning Prince's authorization, they and their descendants are taken out of the line of succession.

Art. 24.

Sans préjudice des dispositions de l’article 21, le mariage d’un membre de la Famille Souveraine contracté sans l’autorisation du Prince Régnant emporte exclusion de l’ordre successoral, tant pour celui qui a contracté ce mariage que pour ses descendants.

Néanmoins, en cas de dissolution du mariage et en l’absence d’enfant issu de ce dernier, l’héritier qui l’a contracté recouvre sa place dans l’ordre successoral si aucune succession n’est intervenue à la date où la dissolution est devenue définitive.

L’autorisation prescrite en vertu du premier alinéa est délivrée par Décision Souveraine.

Ordonnance Souveraine n° 5.344 du 2 juin 2015 portant statuts de la Famille Souveraine / Journal 8228 / Année 2015 / Journaux / Accueil - Journal de Monaco

I am not aware of any Sovereign Decision that authorized the marriages of Andrea, Pierre, or Charlotte Casiraghi. Perhaps others have heard something more.

Last edited:
According to the house laws, when a member of the Sovereign Family marries without a Sovereign Decision giving the Reigning Prince's authorization, they and their descendants are taken out of the line of succession.

Art. 24.

Sans préjudice des dispositions de l’article 21, le mariage d’un membre de la Famille Souveraine contracté sans l’autorisation du Prince Régnant emporte exclusion de l’ordre successoral, tant pour celui qui a contracté ce mariage que pour ses descendants.

Néanmoins, en cas de dissolution du mariage et en l’absence d’enfant issu de ce dernier, l’héritier qui l’a contracté recouvre sa place dans l’ordre successoral si aucune succession n’est intervenue à la date où la dissolution est devenue définitive.

L’autorisation prescrite en vertu du premier alinéa est délivrée par Décision Souveraine.

Ordonnance Souveraine n° 5.344 du 2 juin 2015 portant statuts de la Famille Souveraine / Journal 8228 / Année 2015 / Journaux / Accueil - Journal de Monaco

I am not aware of any Sovereign Decision that authorized the marriages of Andrea, Pierre, or Charlotte Casiraghi. Perhaps others have heard something more.

Are you aware of the contrary? I think we would have known if these marriages had not been recoginzed.

Regarding a church wedding, if his first marriage was only a covil marriage and not also a Roman-Catholic marriage, they can get married in church. Queen Letizia also had a big church wedding as a divorcee.

Yes, even if born outside wedlock, a child is legitimized by marriage in Monaco. We saw that with Stephanie's two older kids, and with Sasha. Raphael like Camille will remain excluded as their parents never married. Balthazar will now be behind his mother in line.

If Dimitri's first marriage was a civil marriage, it would be a simple matter to get a declaration to allow them to marry in the church.

Whether they have a full mass wedding or just a blessing, there has been talk that they will be married in the near future in a more formal wedding in France. Back when they got engaged the rumors had been Sicily. Logical to believe. If they were just going to have one wedding, I don't think it would have been nearly as casual as yesterday had been. Even if they are more low key then her brothers, this was still far less.

Are you aware of the contrary?

It was because I am not aware of either a confirmation or contradiction from the Palace that I wrote "Perhaps others have heard something more".

I am not familiar with how law is made in Monaco. However, in most other European monarchies, Sovereign Decisions must be passed by a published decree to have the force of law.

I think we would have known if these marriages had not been recoginzed.

In what way?

Regarding a church wedding, if his first marriage was only a covil marriage and not also a Roman-Catholic marriage, they can get married in church. Queen Letizia also had a big church wedding as a divorcee.

If Dimitri's first marriage was a civil marriage, it would be a simple matter to get a declaration to allow them to marry in the church.

Was he or his ex-wife a Catholic? I have read that the civil weddings of non-Catholics are recognized by the Catholic Church.

Yes, even if born outside wedlock, a child is legitimized by marriage in Monaco. We saw that with Stephanie's two older kids, and with Sasha. Raphael like Camille will remain excluded as their parents never married. Balthazar will now be behind his mother in line.

He and his mother will only be in line if his parents' marriage was authorized via a Sovereign Decision. If none was issued, Article 24 of the house law makes clear that the descendants are taken out the line of succession as well.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rassam-june-1-2019-a-46457-8.html#post2227228

Last edited:
His first wedding was celebrated in St. Petersburg Russia, according to the rites of the Russian Orthodox Church of which his former wife is a member.

If Dimitri is Catholic and did not receive a dispensation to marry in a non Catholic ceremony, the Vatican does not recognize this marriage as valid(see Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine)

He is then free to have a church wedding with Charlotte.

BUT...if he did marry Masha Novoselova with Catholic dispensation, he can't marry Charlotte religiously without an annulment.

Aww they look so lovely in their sailor outfits! I’m sure Rafael had a similar outfit if he was pictured.

If Dimitri is Catholic and did not receive a dispensation to marry in a non Catholic ceremony, the Vatican does not recognize this marriage as valid(see Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine)

The article is no longer accessible on the internet, but I once read in the Swedish media that Christopher O'Neill received a dispensation from his church to marry in a Protestant ceremony. Was there a report to the contrary?

Balthazar and his big sister Darya dressed in matching sailor outfits...adorable!:tongue

Hi Tatiana Maria...I never read that Chris O'Neill sought or received a dispensation. In fact, on the day after the wedding the Catholic bishop of Stockholm confirmed that no dispensation had been requested or received.

But... Chris did not convert and apparently still considers himself Catholic so maybe he got one later?

Last edited:
So Charlotte is carrying what looks like a bridal bouquet of white roses in that photo?:D

Maybe that was the intention… Honouring her father with a similar picture, honouring her grandmother with her necklace, honouring a family friend ( K. L. ) with the choice of La Vigie… I just hope the newlyweds get to be has happy as P. Caroline and Stefano were… :flowers:

Happier--hopefully neither has an early death.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByN-nxJnyu4/

At the garden party after the civil wedding, Tatiana and her 2 children India & Sasha

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByN8o8KBSBO/

Brunch dopo i festeggiamenti allo Yacht Club. This photo I think maybe it is today

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNx0AJAoje/

Pauline at Vigie

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByN_i7SHcVW/

Princess Caroline , kissing and hugging her son Pierre Casiraghi and son-in-law Dimitri

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNx1YfBfHy/

Princess Caroline and Princess Charlene. Greeting Carole Bouquet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByN5LDXIfLp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByOCQEPB8Id/

Fun at the Yacht Club today

So ALL the little children in the family were decked out in sailor outfits for the daytime festivities?

So adorable!?

Congratulations to Charlotte and Dimitri! :twohearts: :flowers:
It looked like a lovely summer wedding and I loved how the children were all wearing sailor suits. Did Gabriella and Jacques not attend? I didn't see them there.
Charlotte was a gorgeous bride.

:previous: Spanish Hola reported that the twins were indeed at the civil ceremony in the Palace, but i haven't seen any photos of them at the afternoon picnic.

And i am almost 100 percent sure they didn't attend the nighttime dinner dance at La Vigie.

Back
Top Bottom