Funeral of Queen Fabiola: December 12, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This part of the ceremony may be a bit long...but definitively gives us the idea of who fabiola was, how she lived and how she thought a funeral should: a celebration of life and a thanksgiving to God. After all...we Christians think death is just a passage to another, better life. it is a goodbye...it doesn't have to be a sad one, after all it's not forever

Beautiful funeral, you can see how loved Fabiola was and for us Christians, it is all that matters: the love you leave behind.

I agree with you both, and seeing how sad the Royal Family was and some of Luxembourgish relatives are, it shows what a great and caring woman she was.

The VRT also commenting on Prince Laurent wearing sunglasses: "Laurent is Laurent.... (between the lines: "he will never learn...")

:flowers:

One of the bells now ringing is called Fabiola :)

I remember seeing a Place Royale segment where they showed the cathedral's main bells, they have Fabiola, Philippe, Astrid and Laurent's names.

Is the interment at Notre Dame de Laeken private?

Also were present the Duke and Duchess of Castro, Princess Françoise Lobkowicz (née Bourbon-Parma) and her son Prince Charles Henri Lobkowicz.

La cloche de la Reine Fabiola?

Hmm, I don't think so, that seems to be in a monastery ...

Oh, Duc_et_Pair already commented on that :)

I remember seeing a Place Royale segment where they showed the cathedral's main bells, they have Fabiola, Philippe, Astrid and Laurent's names.
Oh I didn't know that!

The commentators are also speculating about something cardinal Danneels said. He said something about 'the secret' of the marriage between the king and queen. They say maybe he knows more about them, maybe something spiritual. Perhaps we will never know what he meant :) He also said this at the funeral of Boudewijn.

Where can I watch the live stream? Just finish work and wanna to watch now from Singapore.

The links to the broadcasts are at the beginning of this thread.

The service itself was nice but the ceremonies before and after are a bit chaotic. In the Netherlands the royal procession with carriages, horses, military from all armed forces in ceremonial costume, a lining of military along the whole route (13 km) from The Hague to Delft, it simply looks more 'royal' I must say.

The service itself was nice but the ceremonies before and after are a bit chaotic. In the Netherlands the royal procession with carriages, horses, military from all armed forces in ceremonial costume, a lining of military along the whole route (13 km) from The Hague to Delft, it simply looks more 'royal' I must say.

This was not a state funeral but a national funeral.

Beautiful Gregorian Music at Laeken.

They explained it's not a classical State Funeral...she wasn't head of State or the wife of the reigning monarch

Back
Top Bottom