I don't know how many members are familiar with Entertainment Weekly magazine's Hot List, but each issue, there is a list of about 10 items reviewing the previous week's entertainment, social and cultural "news" -- often in a sarcastic, joking manner, but very often some good points and observations are made.
I thought we could experiment and try our own version with The Royal Forums List, of things, events and anything and everything in between that has happened this year.
You don't have to stick to only 10 items, do as few or as many as you can come up with, or feel free to adapt the ideas of others to your own. Post pictures to illustrate your points if you'd like.
Here are a few from me to get us rolling:
* Best Big Bird Impression: Martha Louise of Norway at the Spanish wedding
* Most Prepared for St. Patrick's Day/Best Leprechaun Impression: Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands marking Hans Christian Andersen Year celebrtations with Princess Benedikte of Denmark
* Most Likely to See Dead People (a la The Sixth Sense): Prince Harry of Great Britain
* Be Barney's Replacement: Countess Sophie of Wessex (Runner up: Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium)
* Worst Rumour About a Royal This Year: King Carl Gustav of Sweden being announced on Swedish radio as having been murdered
* Best False Rumour That You Wish Had Come True: Mary of Denmark being pregnant (instead she had gullstone surgery)
* Be Orlando Bloom's Stunt/Body Double: Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden
* Most Proficient Bachelor: Prince Albert of Monaco
* The Next Spice Girls: Princess Marilene, Princess Laurentien and Crown Princess Maxima attending this year's Queensday festivities
* Best French Country Furniture Impression: Princess Claire of Belgium
* Best Permanently Set Hairstyle: Queen Beatrix of the Netherland's helmet do; Queen Margrethe II of Denmark's chignon; Crown Princess Victoria's ponytail (tie)
* Best Chip Off the Old Block: Crown Prince Phillippe and Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
* Best Escape Attempt by a Hat: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's copper hat during the visit to Parliament before her wedding (Runner up: Queen Margrethe II of Denmark's hat at the Athens Olympic games)
* Best Wrapped Present Johan Friso Ever Received: Mabel Wisse Smit on their wedding day (248 bows in total on her wedding gown!)
* Best Barbie Look-a-like: Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands and Versace Barbie (Can you see the difference?)
Those are really good Alexandria and Dennis! You guys cracked me up. I loved the one about the battle of the borbons and the best present that JF ever recieved. Oh and the serial wives club is priceless!
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown