The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Courtier

like u would think they would all be so holy going to the pope... do u think they are strict catholics in all aspects of life

Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
like u would think they would all be so holy going to the pope... do u think they are strict catholics in all aspects of life
What do you mean by this comment? That they are being disrespectful? I don't think that they were being disrespectful, in fact, I think the exact opposite.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
What do you mean by this comment? That they are being disrespectful? I don't think that they were being disrespectful, in fact, I think the exact opposite.
no i was not being disrespectful sometimes i just dont put my words properly... i was just like wondering if they all follow the church... i am not catholic so i find it interesting because i adore the nuns and the whole thing... i am just an anglican... i guess you cant help what you are born into...

like do catholics have to follow rules?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
no i was not being disrespectful sometimes i just dont put my words properly... i was just like wondering if they all follow the church... i am not catholic so i find it interesting because i adore the nuns and the whole thing... i am just an anglican... i guess you cant help what you are born into...

like do catholics have to follow rules?
I wasn't trying to suggest that you were being disrespectful, I was just asking if you thought that royal family was being disrespectful. I didn't understand what you were saying is all.

They seem to be a fairly religious family to me, althought I am sure that there are others who would know better than me. I am also not Catholic, so I don't know too much about their practices either.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Courtier

thanks :) i always wanted to be a nun but my mother would never let me convert :)

i wonder at what age will alex be allowed to wear the family jewels at events
Old 12-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Depends on how hardcore you're into your Catholicism.

I, fer'instance, haven't been to church in more than five years [well, since I moved to South Carolina, finding a Catholic church is kind of like searching for Bluebeard's treasure >.<].

On the other hand, I grew up with kids who went to Mass every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, and were very deeply religious.

As far as having "rules", all religions have certain rules. Just depends on whether or not you choose to follow them. ;] The nuns......They're awesome. They give their lives to God and to the service of mankind, and they are some darn interesting people. My sewing teacher was a Hungarian nun who had lived through WWII and been imprisoned in a concentration camp before coming to the USA. She told some really great stories [and was a wonderful artist to boot].

The Grand Ducal family seems to be a quite religious family from my point of view. The church is really big in Luxembourg, so I'm not surprised on that angle. ;] Perhaps one of our Lux friends, like drimal, can elaborate on their churchgoing practices further for us......
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 12-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha

The Grand Ducal family seems to be a quite religious family from my point of view. The church is really big in Luxembourg, so I'm not surprised on that angle. ;] Perhaps one of our Lux friends, like drimal, can elaborate on their churchgoing practices further for us......
Lollies!
-Kara-
You are right suturegeisha. They seem to be a very religious family. They vistied the Pope in the Vatikan not only in 2003 but also in 2000 and in the year 1985 the Pope made a visit in the small Luxembourg. Although I'm not very faithful it is a pity that I don't see him at this time (I was only one year old, so you understand why !).
Another example for the high religiousness are the Christian or religious names of the family's children like Sebastien or Alexandra, or Princess Marie Astrid's children names Marie-Christine; Imre, Christoph, Alexander and Gabriella, or Princess Margaretha's children; Joseph-Emanuel, Maria Anunciata or Marie Astrid. If you desire to see the explanation of this names I recommend you these two links:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&page=2&pp=20

Prince Nikolaus (1947- ), Princess Margaretha (1957- ) and Family: October 2004-

Alexandra is Greek and means the defender.

She made her first communion on 9th May 1998 and the confirmation on 9th May 2004!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Supposedly the country is 95% Catholic, but there is now a law that says that religous polls can't be taken. But I wonder if they are really religous, like if they go to church when they are at boarding school, university, etc. B/c if so, they would have a reason to go to my town and I could meet Guillaume.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I think gaggleofcrazypeople lives in a predominantly catholic city that is somewhat well known...is that what you mean???
Old 12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, but there is a Catholic archdioses in my town.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Courtier

haha i could see alex looking like nikki hilton
Old 12-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
haha i could see alex looking like nikki hilton
actually i can see thsi happening as well! both their hairstyle are alot similar and the shape of their are similar as well...Does Alex have blue eyes?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Nobility

X Remaining Pictures of Vacation 18.8.2003

The following picture were hidden on my computer under a wrong folder. I found them yesterday and I want to show them today. Better late than never.

1. a family picture
2. Princesse Alexandra with her mother Maria Teresa and brother Felix
3. Princesse Alexandra with her cousine (?)
4. Maria Teresa with Gabriella, the daughter of Princess Marie Astrid
5. Prince Guillaume and Prince Louis with cousine Marie-Gabrielle, the daughter of Prince Jean
6. three in a rubber dinghy: Maria Teresa, Alexandra and a cousine (don't know her name:( )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	65120   Click image for larger version

Name:	R3.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	65122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ralex2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	65123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rgabr1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	65124  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rmg1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	65125  
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would know so much less about Luxembourg if you guy weren't here.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Courtier

i know its like inside information that not may people know... meanwhile baby roayl sights would be drewling over felix's pics from 2001... haha they would choke when they see him
Old 12-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

hahaha but i bet you knew there were more than three Royal family! hehehe before last year i thought there were only three Royal families left - Britain, Monaco and Japan...and then i found this forum and there's thousands of princes!!!!!!!! ^____^
Old 12-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

well back to Alexandra...hey was she with Felix and their parents at the meeting with i think the Jordanian royals? well the pics were recently posted...
Old 12-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
well back to Alexandra...hey was she with Felix and their parents at the meeting with i think the Jordanian royals? well the pics were recently posted...
@Josefine: excuse me to be out of the topic

@hillary_nugent: No, Alexandra was not present at the state visit of Jordan's King Abdullah II.
But I have some other news for you of Princess Alexandra. I saw on TV that she inaugurated a new school in Wasserbillig named "Princesse Alexandra". The project includes a pre-school and a surface for early-ubringing and costs 8,752 million Euro. Luxembourg's minister of Interior Jean-Marie Halsdorff and Luxembourg's minister of family Marie-Josée Jacobs were present at the event.

Unfortuntely there are no pictures from the event, just this link which is in German:( : http://www.wort.lu/articles/4159090.html
Old 12-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

omg she has a school named after her? that is so cool! i want to build my own univeristy someday as well perhaps i will locate it next to her school hahahaha
Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you serious? She is like, 13! Why would they name it after her?