Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, Part 2: April 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The German article says: "observation of the circular course" for only a few days.

I wish him strength and a healthy recovery.

Its seems to me that the Grand Duke Jean has walked with the assistance of a cane since his hip replacement. Is this so, was the operation not a success, or maybe he needs the cane for balance due to old age? Anyone know?

No, I guess the operation was successful; He underwent the operation just some months ago, and considering his age I think he needs a long time.
I can tell so since my grandmother underwent the same operation 20 months ago, and she still needs a cane (and she is 10 years younger then Grand Duke Jean).

It's nice to see that Grand Duke Jean still attendind royal engagements; and he looks good.

And he is turning 90 next year isn't he?

Yes he is; and last year he also underwent surgery for a hip prothesis, as far as I remember; take my hat off to him...

At this moment, till Sunday, the Exhibition is in Schoos, near Fischbach, where Grand Duke JEAN lives.
The next place of this exhibition is the Castle of WILTZ.

From 1-11 September.
Opening Hours;
Mo.-Fri. 10.00-12-00 & 14.00-17.00
Sa. 10.00-12.00
Closed on Sunday.

INFO: Luxembourg Tourist Office

On 22 February 2011, the Musée d'Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean (MUDAM) HRH Grand Duke Jean unveiled the painting by Stephan Balkenhol representing the late HRH Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte. The work was commissioned by the MUDAM to mark the 90th anniversary of Grand Duke Jean. The first portrait by the same artist in 2006, representing the Grand Duke Jean is on permanent display inside the museum.

monarchie.lu - gallery from the official site

Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was involved in modern art. Glad to see her portrait too.

Marijke
How is the relationship between Grand Duke Jean and his daughter in law Maria Theresa?
Grand Duke Henri was in Romania on this evening but was the Grand Duchess there?

Grand Duke Jean's sister, HRH Princess Elizabeth of Luxembourg, Duchess of Hohenberg has died. Funeral arrangements to be announced.

I believe that the princess lived int he same castle in Luxembourg as the Grand DUke. She will be burried in Artstetten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom