Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that the GD makes a full recovery and is back to normal soon:heart: I have not heard anything about the GD being hospitalized or anything, has anyone else heard anything?

I really hope that the GD makes a full recovery and is back to normal soon:heart: I have not heard anything about the GD being hospitalized or anything, has anyone else heard anything?

I have not read anything about him being hospitalized. It sounds to me as if he is recovering at home. I really hope that he is starting to get well.

I hope Grand Duke Henri feels better soon and makes a full recovery!

Does anyone know if the Grand Duke has fully recuperated?

Does anyone know if the Grand Duke has fully recuperated?

He must be feeling a bit better, as he attended a presentation about the proposed extension of central storage pumping in Vianden today. This extension will include the construction of a pump-turbine of 200MW and additional expansion of the upper and lower reservoirs of the order of 500.000m ³
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Séance académique pour le projet d'extension de la Centrale de Vianden

I am happy the Grand Duke is getting back to work! He looks good in the pictures, and I hope no one elce in the family got sick.

"Grand Duke Henri, who recently cancelled his engagements due to a bout of broncho-pnuemonia, today returned to work, attending a presentation about the proposed extension of central storage pumping in Vianden. This extension will include the construction of a pump-turbine of 200MW and additional expansion of the upper and lower reservoirs of the order of 500.000m³.
It is not known when the cancelled engagements, including a state visit to Vietnam, will take place."

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but couldn't Grand Duke Henri just have sent Prince Guillaume in his place to Vietnam?

It depends largely on the nature of the visit. Henri is the head of state and for some visits just having the heir doesn't get it. It is also possible that Henri offered to send Guillaume in his place but that they preferred to wait on Henri to return to health and visit himself. Guillaume may also have had his own engagements to carry out during this particular time frame.

I suppose from the point of view of the host country, if you've been getting all geared up and excited over a visit by the Grand Duke himself, it can be a bit of a let down to have the HGD come instead. I imagine all the people working to prepare for his arrival must have been so disappointed that it was cancelled. Very unfortunate.

In any case, it's nice to know the Grand Duke is up and about again. He probably shouldn't travel so soon after being sick. Even a simple flu can lay you low and leave you feeling very weak for several weeks, even when you seem to have recovered enough to go about your daily activities. I'm sure the Grand Duchess would not be pleased to have her husband go jetting off so soon after recovering from illness.

My best wishes to the GD. I hope recovery is speedy.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/3470-3470/
The Grand Duke and Duchess in audience with Marie Claude Beaud.

Also, the event that Kyansaunt20 posted pictures from was that the Grand Duke and Duchess visited the dam wall of Esch-sur-Sure, and then attended the academic session at the Cultural Center Heiderscheid as part of the festivities of the 50th anniversary of the Lac de la Haute-Sûre and the 10th anniversary of the Parc Naturel de la Haute.

Last edited:
Very nice maria teresa, I find her mas young with the hair like it ,

Here is the link to the pictures that alex001 mentioned in the thread above:
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Les donneurs de sang de la Croix-Rouge récompensés

In case anyone's wondering, if you want to reach those photos from the blog you just click on the image, which will bring you to the image from which the blog image is derived and then you can click "plus de photos" ("more photos") to see the rest of the gallery - but thanks for the direct link anyway kyansaunt20!

i believe that maria teresa have a notion of german, But not i know in which language speak her.

What is the Steiger award? It's a German award? Sorry, I've never heard of it. Was she receiving it or presenting it?

On March 30, 2009 Grand Duchess Maria Teresa received in audience Antonio Guterres, High Commissioner of the United Nations for the Refugees (UNHCR).
She also received in audience members of asbl transfair-minka it is a non-governmental organization that work for the promotion of the equitable commerce to the Luxembourg. Here are the links to the pictures from each event.
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Audience du Haut Commissaire des Nations-Unies pour les Réfugiés

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Audience de l'asbl TransFair-Minka

On March 30, 2009 Grand Duchess Maria Teresa received in audience Antonio Guterres, High Commissioner of the United Nations for the Refugees (UNHCR).
She also received in audience members of asbl transfair-minka it is a non-governmental organization that work for the promotion of the equitable commerce to the Luxembourg. Here are the links to the pictures from each event.
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Audience du Haut Commissaire des Nations-Unies pour les Réfugiés

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Audience de l'asbl TransFair-Minka

Love the outfit:ROFLMAO:

I think Maria Teresa's outfit is from Chanel. It's done in the glam style.

The Grand Duchess visited the Lebensbilder exposition yesterday. Pictures on Manueldias.com.

The Grand Duchess visited the Lebensbilder exposition yesterday. Pictures on Manueldias.com.

Interesting to see pictures of Maria Teresa greeted by Lydie Polfer, with whom Henri was allegedly involved. What does Polfer do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom