The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Grand Duke Henri observed the 65th anniversary of Commemoratiounsdag, which is where Luxembourg had to answer so-called status questions asked by the Nazi regime:
wort.lu | Lëtzebuerg | "Dräimol Lëtzebuergesch..."

Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Courtier

13-10-2009

Rception.

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Première session de la nouvelle législature de la Chambre des Députés

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Here is another photo and some news about the Duke of York's visit:
Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Audience du Duke of York
Is this the first time Prince Andrew has met with the Grand Duke? What was the meeting about?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I'm sure they have met many times before.

The Duke of York was in Luxembourg in his capacity as the UK's Special Representative for International Trade and Investment. He had a full round of engagements which is the reason why The Grand Duke received him.

The Duke of York's website has more info than was released by the Grand Ducal Court. Visit here and scroll down to 28 September.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Courtier

You might be shocked to find that we aren't the only ones who think our Grand Ducal Family is attractive. It was on my favorite blog yesterday that Henri had made Hottest Heads of States top 10. No big deal. This morning Wort actually covered it I hope the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess see Wort today. I'm sure it'll be a good laugh for them.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Yes, he has a certain look of youth that he hasn't lost over the years. Maybe because he is slim.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

But do they mean hottest like good-looking or hottest like "who's in and/or most talked about"? Either way GD Henri should be on the list at around the place he got

If it's good looking I would think certain names would be replaces.. (look at no 72 for example). But then I guess what's beautiful for some isn't beautiful for others. Although GD Henri would be handsome in everyone's eyes

Henri would actually be at no 3 if they just went for head of states as they list is called but throughout they mixes head of state with head of goverment. The PM of Ukraine and the PM of Norway are not head of states
Old 10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani90 View Post
But do they mean hottest like good-looking or hottest like "who's in and/or most talked about"? Either way GD Henri should be on the list at around the place he got

If it's good looking I would think certain names would be replaces.. (look at no 72 for example). But then I guess what's beautiful for some isn't beautiful for others. Although GD Henri would be handsome in everyone's eyes

Henri would actually be at no 3 if they just went for head of states as they list is called but throughout they mixes head of state with head of goverment. The PM of Ukraine and the PM of Norway are not head of states
The list was ranking hot as in good looking. I think that Norway and Congo definitely aren't as hot as Henri. Still I thought it was funny.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Henri has classic good looks that have not changed over the years. There may be a deeper wrinkle here and there, but overall, he has a very young looking face and carries his clothes well, no middle age paunch, etc.

He looks nice for his age, or any age.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Courtier

The Grand Duchess is attending a charity fashion show this evening in Neumnster Abbey to benefit the Red Cross. The spring collection of Natan will be presented.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Courtier

Are there any pictures of her at this event?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
Are there any pictures of her at this event?
Probably not until later this evening.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Gentry

There is also a mention of the fashion show on their website too. Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Défilé de bienfaisance de la Croix Rouge luxembourgeoise
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

She looks better than during the Irish state visit (where she looked good). Nice to see that the recovery is going well :)
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Aw man, I could never fit into those dresses.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 AM
Gentry

I wouldn't worry lighthouse, i bet half of us would never fit into those dresses, but i have t say they did look healthier then the average models. Maria teresa was looking beautiful as usual.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

Yeah, I really liked the boots she was wearing

Old 10-22-2009, 05:27 AM
Gentry

yes those were nice, were they by Natan perhaps?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedittybopper View Post
yes those were nice, were they by Natan perhaps?
I think so :).
Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedittybopper View Post
I wouldn't worry lighthouse, i bet half of us would never fit into those dresses, but i have t say they did look healthier then the average models. Maria teresa was looking beautiful as usual.
Iol I was only joking by jumping on the 'models are too skinny' band wagon (since a famous designer recently slammed "fat women sitting on the couch eating chips" and complaining about skinny models). They were really nice dresses & for a good cause too. I didn't know the GD was president of the Luxembourg Red Cross

Tags
grand duchess maria teresa, grand duke henri