Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 5: June 2006 - Mar 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures! Yes, the GD and GD Henri are always filled with love for each other. MT has been recycling her clothes recently. This one she wore for the Spanish state visit as well.

Money troubles...

Hey, can anyone shed any light on news that Henri is trying to secure a load of $ from Jean, money troubles, nnnnnnnot as rich as everyone presumed? I was reading in the BeNeLux forums that he was trying to secure some extra inheritance? What would he need more money for, like I mean isn't Luxembourg one of the most rich and prosperous countries? It would make sense, you know, to ask more money if MT was actually living in Paris though, must cost a lot of $, anyway that was one of many theories put forward on the messageboard.

Last edited:
flctylu said:
Hey, can anyone shed any light on news that Henri is trying to secure a load of $ from Jean, money troubles, nnnnnnnot as rich as everyone presumed? I was reading in the BeNeLux forums that he was trying to secure some extra inheritance? What would he need more money for, like I mean isn't Luxembourg one of the most rich and prosperous countries? It would make sense, you know, to ask more money if MT was actually living in Paris though, must cost a lot of $, anyway that was one of many theories put forward on the messageboard.

I believe that Henri came close to selling off some family jewelry but in the end he backed out of it. I've also heard that Prince Felix had gambling debts at one point...

These topics were discussed in this thread previously.

The young Prince Felix has been never had gambling debt, that must be Prince Felix the husband of Grand- Duchess Charlotte.

True Elma, that Felix was a heavy gambler indeed. Luckily his namesake seems to have less inclinations towards that area (thus far).

Very interesting! I never knew that...but there seems to be a lot that is not known about Prince Felix Sr.

i figured that it wasn't felix the younger with the gambling debt problem. i do find it interesting that henri's selling off assets. perhaps financially hard times have hit them as well. who knows.

suturegeisha said:
Very interesting! I never knew that...but there seems to be a lot that is not known about Prince Felix Sr.

In then days, the private lives of royals were just that - private. Prince Felix's gambling problem has only ever been a rumour, and sometime after the Grunewald adventure last year, prime minister Juncker denied that was the reason why the state bought the estate from the RF some 60-odd years ago. Why the complicated arrangement took place was not told however.

I saw a short clip of the 12th games of the small states of Europe, that the Grand Duke and Duchess attended the opening ceremony in Monaco.

I was wondering if there were any photographs of the event?

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyS said:
I saw a short clip of the 12th games of the small states of Europe, that the Grand Duke and Duchess attended the opening ceremony in Monaco.

I was wondering if there were any photographs of the event?

I expect that some photos will appear on sportphotos.lu later in the week. :cool:

2 years ago wort.lu had a photospecial on their website, hope this year too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isifa has some pictures of them and so does the luxembourg royal blogspot.

Apparently there is a new rose (pink) that has received the name GD Maria Theresa. All the information is in the new Place Royale.

Wow. GD Maria Teresa looks great in that picture as well as everyone else.
But she really looks good. It looks as if she has lost a ton of weight. And in white too. (the color white always makes people look bigger than they actually are, which is why I say that.)

How nice for them that the whole family goes on vacation together.
Does anyone know where they went?

Nice to see a family picture. Maria Teresa really does look like she dropped quite a bit of weight. She certainly doesn't look like a grandmother!

What a lovely picture. I appreciate it that they include Tessy and little Gabriel on these official pictures, how different from the way Prince Jean and Helene Vestur were treated! Chapeau to the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess.

Maria Theresa looks really well, she has lost a considerable amount of weight and she seems to be able to keep it of, which is more difficult.

Nice to see the old Grand Duke, though he looks rather fragile. He must be enjoying it to have his grand children around him.

What a lovely picture. I appreciate it that they include Tessy and little Gabriel on these official pictures, how different from the way Prince Jean and Helene Vestur were treated! Chapeau to the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess.

Maria Theresa looks really well, she has lost a considerable amount of weight and she seems to be able to keep it of, which is more difficult.

Nice to see the old Grand Duke, though he looks rather fragile. He must be enjoying it to have his grand children around him.

After seeing Tessy so often lately, I'm starting to think a title isn't far away. I for one wouldn't mind, but I would understand if they waited a bit. It's cute to see Gabriel with his family :D

Well, I don't think it is a good example to the other young princes and princesses of Luxembourg to give her and HRH Princess of Luxembourg title, but perhaps she can be created countess de Nassau?

Beautiful picture! They all look great, especially the Grand Duchess. How long is their vacation anyways?

Are there any videos of the enthronement of Grand Duke Henri i tried searching RTL.LU but nothing came up. If someone could find one if would be forever greatful!

I love the fact that this couple is always touching one another in some way. I doubt that this show of affection is strictly for the cameras.:wub:

Are there any videos of the enthronement of Grand Duke Henri i tried searching RTL.LU but nothing came up. If someone could find one if would be forever greatful!

RTL archive only goes back to 2001 and Henri became GD in 2000, so there will be nothing, I'm afraid :neutral: But the Grand Duke turned 50 on 16th April, 2005, and if I don't remember incorrectly, there is a plenty of footage from his birthday - just look for the Journal of that date.

Thanks for the picture. what was the event about? looks like M-T has lighter hair. Both mum & daughter look great. Why werent they joined by the rest of the family? or where they not pictured?:)

You are welcome:flowers:No only was in Berlin Maria Teresa and Alexandra. They visit the Paralympic Day in Berlin

Nice to see pics of them after so long.
I'm kinda disappointed in MT. In her vacation picture with the family, she looked absolutely wonderful. She looked like she had lost a lot of weight.
But now it looks as if she has gained it back in such a short time.
Maybe it is just her jacket? It looks ill fitting. She still looks wonderful, just not as good as she did a month ago.

Nice to see pics of them after so long.
I'm kinda disappointed in MT. In her vacation picture with the family, she looked absolutely wonderful. She looked like she had lost a lot of weight.
But now it looks as if she has gained it back in such a short time.
Maybe it is just her jacket? It looks ill fitting. She still looks wonderful, just not as good as she did a month ago.

Disappointed? I think MT looks great, whether she has lost weight and then gained it back. She looks happy.

She does look wonderful. Her hair seems lighter, must have been the sun. I find a lot of resemblance between Alexandra and Josephine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom